Default Best amp to drive MTX TW122

I just came across one of these to install in my jeep cherokee sport
and not knowing alot about car audio equipment I thought I would see if
there are any experts out there that would give a little advice. I am
looking for a good quality strong amp to run this speaker box. here is
a link to the box and it's specs.

http://www.mitekfactoryoutlet.com/pr...t.cfm?PN=TW122

I don't care anything about the deep hitting base at all I just want
chrystal clear non distorted metal, coutry, 80's, or whatever i feel
like listening to as loud as i can get it.

I am also looking for good sounding speakers to replace the factory
door speakers. I can either use a single amp for both the box and door
speakers or a seperate one.

cd player is a JVC with RCA outputs.

Thanks!

Brandonb

That is essentially my first box, but with 10's. The price on that page
seems rather high, as even when I bought mine from Audio King back in 96
it was $150. You can put pretty much any amp on it as they require very
little power to run. If the box is built the same as mine was still,
There's only one speaker input per side, with a capacitor wired inline
to the tweeters, so you'll want to give it full range from the HU. I
used a Kicker 1252xi amp and it sounded great and got really loud.
That's 125x2 @4 ohm It was plenty of power for the box I had.

Brandonb

wrote:
I just came across one of these to install in my jeep cherokee sport
and not knowing alot about car audio equipment I thought I would see if
there are any experts out there that would give a little advice. I am
looking for a good quality strong amp to run this speaker box. here is
a link to the box and it's specs.

http://www.mitekfactoryoutlet.com/pr...t.cfm?PN=TW122

I don't care anything about the deep hitting base at all I just want
chrystal clear non distorted metal, coutry, 80's, or whatever i feel
like listening to as loud as i can get it.

I am also looking for good sounding speakers to replace the factory
door speakers. I can either use a single amp for both the box and door
speakers or a seperate one.

cd player is a JVC with RCA outputs.

Thanks!

Thanks. I didn't pay nowhere near that for the box i just used that
page for a good view of the box with specs. I will looking at the MTX
MXA 400 amp that's 100w rms x2 at 4ohms. I am looking for something a
little stronger in the 150w range but don't really want to spend a
great deal of cash on it.