Cleanest track ever ?

Old September 30th 19, 04:02 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

Default Cleanest track ever ?

** Hi,

this famous Beatles number has no need of track isolation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIc-VCw5r0A

Each instrument and vocal component is crystal clear, particularly if you listen on headphones.

Once upon a time, in the 1970s, I would use it to demo my home stereo to casual visitors. Young ladies would sometimes start dancing, while males might simply tap their feet.

An enthusiastic comment I remember well was:

" ... **** those guys are tight ! "

..... Phil

Old September 30th 19, 06:21 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
John Williamson

On 30/09/2019 16:02, Phil Allison wrote:
<Honey, Don't, by the Beatles>

> An enthusiastic comment I remember well was:
>
> " ... **** those guys are tight ! "

After playing together for so long, they should have been. They had been
playing together for well in excess of a thousand paid gigs before they
got noticed.

The version you linked to was a remaster dating from 2009, 44 years
after the original release.

The original was in mono, from a four track master, and it sounded just
as good live when they did a version for the BBC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2elDGhmCMY

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Old October 1st 19, 10:38 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

John Williamson wrote:
----------------------

> Phil Allison wrote:
>
> <Honey, Don't, by the Beatles>
>
> > An enthusiastic comment I remember well was:
> >
> > " ... **** those guys are tight ! "
> >

> After playing together for so long, they should have been. They had been
> playing together for well in excess of a thousand paid gigs before they
> got noticed.
>
> The version you linked to was a remaster dating from 2009, 44 years
> after the original release.

** The LP I played for friends was bought in Sydney 1972, a compilation of Beatles hits. It WAS definitely ALL in stereo, " Honey Don't" sounding EXACTLY as in the link.

It also contained "With a Little Help from my Friends" - sung also by Ringo.

> The original was in mono, from a four track master, and it sounded just
> as good live when they did a version for the BBC.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2elDGhmCMY

** Fascinating to hear *John* singing instead of Ringo!

...... Phil

Old October 1st 19, 03:02 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Phil has a point: If his LP and jacket have "Capitol" stamped anywhere
on it, chances are it was remixed for stereo in/for the U.S. market.
Old October 1st 19, 03:35 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

wrote:

> Phil has a point: If his LP and jacket have "Capitol" stamped anywhere
> on it, chances are it was remixed for stereo in/for the U.S. market.

** The name of the LP suddenly came to me:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Essential_Beatles

...... Phil