news.verizon.net

Default Review - Peavey AMR 2400 console

Can someone give me their honest and best hands-on or hearsey experience on
this console please? How is it for a main studio mixer?

I would appreciate even hearsey-evidence at this point; since I might pick
up one if the $$ is right.

How does it compare with soundcraft (ghost or the holy spirit), or a Mackie
32. 8buss.

Greatly appreciated!!

Scott Dorsey

news.verizon.net wrote:
Can someone give me their honest and best hands-on or hearsey experience on
this console please? How is it for a main studio mixer?

It's been many years since I used one, but as I recall it was a fairly
clean and usable console. Certainly underrated back then.

I would appreciate even hearsey-evidence at this point; since I might pick
up one if the $$ is right.

If you don't have a particular one in mind, and you haven't used one before,
why are you asking?

How does it compare with soundcraft (ghost or the holy spirit), or a Mackie
32. 8buss.

I have no real idea, since it's been so long. I'd rather use almost anything
over the Mackie 8-buss, though.
news.verizon.net

I would appreciate even hearsey-evidence at this point; since I might

pick
up one if the $$ is right.

If you don't have a particular one in mind, and you haven't used one

before,
why are you asking?

Did you read my subject line???

How does it compare with soundcraft (ghost or the holy spirit), or a

Mackie
32. 8buss.

I have no real idea, since it's been so long. I'd rather use almost

anything
over the Mackie 8-buss, though.
--scott

Okay Boss!

Richard Kuschel

Can someone give me their honest and best hands-on or hearsey experience on
this console please? How is it for a main studio mixer?

I would appreciate even hearsey-evidence at this point; since I might pick
up one if the $$ is right.

How does it compare with soundcraft (ghost or the holy spirit), or a Mackie
32. 8buss.

Greatly appreciated!!

I have the smaller console the 1600, which is the same except for the # of
channels and submasters.

What you will need to do is dis-assemble the board and clean every fader,
switch and pot with Caig DeOxit.

This is a board that you can do this channel at a time.

Unlike modern boards, this one can be worked on and upgraded easily as the
system is modular.

The only thing that I find disconcerting on my board is that the monitor sends
on the monitor section are post fader, but that is a minor annoyance.

The preamps are very good and the EQ is usable, which puts it head and
shoulders above the Mackie.

If you called me at the studio next week, I would be happy to discuss it with
you.

There was a 2400 for sale on this newsgroup a few days ago.
Richard H. Kuschel

Bose 901 Review William Sommerwerck General 149 January 8th 05 05:49 PM
FS: AMR 2400 Mixing Console Vigilante Pro Audio 0 August 18th 03 09:56 PM
Mixing console Didier Morel Pro Audio 30 July 27th 03 10:31 PM
World First! Halcro dm10 pre-amplifier review! Steven R. Rochlin General 0 July 9th 03 03:52 AM
Help with my Ghidra console/ NEVE/API/Trident etc Aaron Householter Pro Audio 4 July 3rd 03 07:58 PM