Rob

Default Amplifier Problem and question

I have a 100 watt amplifier in my boat connected to a sub woofer. For some
reason it has blown a fuse and continues to do so when I replace the fuse.
I've pulled the amplifier out and connected it to a 12 volt battery with no
speakers attached. It doesn't seem to blow but I can't tell if it is
working.

Anyone know if speakers connected to the amplifier could short and cause the
amp to blow fuses?

Any other thoughts or suggestions are appreciate.

-Kim

Paul Hanley

Are there no lights on the unit itself that would indicate proper
operation or fault status? In addition, if your sub is in an
enclosure, have you checked the connections to verify one hasn't come
loose and is grounding out somewhere?

Paul Hanley