Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default Not enjoying the cacaphony of the sales hack Steven R. Rochlin abusing us to make a buck

Rochlin: far from "helping audiophiles" as you claim,
you are a parasite on high fidelity, pushing bland and
incompetent **** because the makers pay you for
adverising on your silly site and for the number of
foolish audiophiles who read your one-sided
travesties of reviews. You are a sales hack, pure
and simple, but one without the balls to open up
an emporium on the high street. --- Andre Jute

Hi Everyone,

Enjoy the Music.com's July edition celebrates our 11th year of
helping
audiophiles all around the globe with informative articles, show
reports,
equipment reviews plus much more! New reviews appear in both Superior
Audio
and the Review Magazine, with critical assessments of the Audioengine 5

powered monitors, silver cable comparo, Hagerman Technology Chime tubed
DAC,
Role Audio Sampan speakers, Sound Dead Steel Isoplatmat, Stereovox XV2
cable, Aural Acoustics Model B speakers, plus ModWright Instrument's
Denon
3910 universal player and SWL 9.0 SE preamplifier.

http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Enjoy the Music,

Steven R. Rochlin
http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
bluezfolk bluezfolk is offline

Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Well aren't we a pompous, self-inflated audiophile?

Eric

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

bluezfolk said:

Well aren't we a pompous, self-inflated audiophile?

Are you aware that Rochelin once sold his house in order to buy a $100K
amplifier?

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
soundhaspriority soundhaspriority is offline

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
ups.com...
Rochlin: far from "helping audiophiles" as you claim,
you are a parasite on high fidelity, pushing bland and
incompetent **** because the makers pay you for
adverising on your silly site and for the number of
foolish audiophiles who read your one-sided
travesties of reviews. You are a sales hack, pure
and simple, but one without the balls to open up
an emporium on the high street. --- Andre Jute

This reminisces the "art vs. money" debate. Look, audio has from the very
beginning been very commercial. My personal opinion is that Mr. Rochlin's
obvious, and not criminal, desire to make money is a tolerable tradeoff for
what he provides the community.

Or does Mr. Jute think that the lives of audio entrepreneurs should patten
after Kerouac, Burroughs, or Jackson Pollock?

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar

Just don't call the Krooborg a magnificent ******* or read Ferstler's books.

--
A day without Krooger is like a day radiation poisoning.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
The Repair Guy The Repair Guy is offline

"Andre Jute" wrote:

Rochlin: far from "helping audiophiles" as you claim,
you are a parasite on high fidelity, pushing bland and

--snip--

Of course, you had to crosspost an attack on
one guy to five newsgroups...

The Repair Guy
repairguy1993 dot netfirms dot com
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
Alan Rutlidge Alan Rutlidge is offline

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Andre,
Didn't you start this crap thread over at rec.audio.uk (or was it
rec.audio.tubes) ?
Who cares in any case. So the OP probably didn't put COMM: in the post
header.
Haven't you learnt to ignore this?

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
Robert Morein Robert Morein is offline

In article , "The Repair Guy"
wrote:

"Andre Jute" wrote:

Rochlin: far from "helping audiophiles" as you claim,
you are a parasite on high fidelity, pushing bland and

--snip--

Of course, you had to crosspost an attack on
one guy to five newsgroups...

The Repair Guy
repairguy1993 dot netfirms dot com

Sorry guys, forgery.

Bob Morein

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 19:45:47 +1000, Robert Morein
wrote:

In article , "The Repair Guy"
wrote:

"Andre Jute" wrote:

Rochlin: far from "helping audiophiles" as you claim,
you are a parasite on high fidelity, pushing bland and

--snip--

Of course, you had to crosspost an attack on
one guy to five newsgroups...

The Repair Guy
repairguy1993 dot netfirms dot com

Sorry guys, forgery.

Bob Morein

Now which Bob Morein is this? The real one or the one who sometimes
posts, "Sorry guys, forgery."? :-)

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar

bluezfolk wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Good God, yes! That sales hack Rochlin, who lives on what advertisers
pay him to "review" their crap favourably so they can push it onto
fashion victims, ponces around pontificating about other matters like
he's some kind of a guru. He isn't, he is a paper hanger for
advertisers. It is a disgusting hypocrisy for Steven Rochlin to claim
to help audiophiles when all he does is lead them like lambs to the
slaughter.

I knew Rochlin on the net before he became so self-important. He was
useless on electronics and audio then, he is useless almost fifteen
years later.

He's the sort of climber who once advised people not to wear a Rolex
too often to protect the resale value.

Eric

Welcome to the morality debate, Eric.

Andre Jute
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"
Stuart Perry Hi-Fi News & Record Review

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

soundhaspriority wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
ups.com...
Rochlin: far from "helping audiophiles" as you claim,
you are a parasite on high fidelity, pushing bland and
incompetent **** because the makers pay you for
adverising on your silly site and for the number of
foolish audiophiles who read your one-sided
travesties of reviews. You are a sales hack, pure
and simple, but one without the balls to open up
an emporium on the high street. --- Andre Jute

This reminisces the "art vs. money" debate.

Eh? I can understand that a logger might object. But you're mistaken if
you think my objection to Rochlin and his Enjoythemusic.com ripoff is
on the grounds of art or even journalism, though it is wretched
journalism, mere paperhanging for advertising, pandering to
manufacturers too cheap to afford real advertising. Nah, here I speak
as a DIYer and on grounds of morality.

Look, audio has from the very
beginning been very commercial.

Absolutely no objection. On my home base, RAT, most of the actually
useful guys have some commercial interest in electronics or directly in
audio. Without their knowledge, the newsgroup would fall down.

But Rochlin doesn't fit that definition. He is a know-nothing. If he
didn't make a buck leading audiophile fashion victims to the slaughter,
he'd make a buck leading jeans-snobs or watch-snobs to the slaughter.
Rochlin is an ignorant shill.

My personal opinion is that Mr. Rochlin's
obvious, and not criminal, desire to make money is a tolerable tradeoff for
what he provides the community.

The question is what does he provide to the community. My opinion is
clear enough above: nothing for the community, dollars in Rochlin's
pocket for Rochlin.

Or does Mr. Jute think that the lives of audio entrepreneurs should patten
after Kerouac, Burroughs, or Jackson Pollock?

Please God, no! Your very suggestion tells us that you don't know
anything at all about these people. I'm sure that even Rochlin, whom I
dislike intensely for his basic dishonesty, his uselessness, for being
a parasite, bathes more often than that trio of scroungers and liars.
But there is a difference between Rochlin and that trio: they had
talent; Rochlin's only "talent" is quivering like a puppy-dog to be
loved so that we will give him tidbits off our table.

Rochlin is not "an audio entrepreneur". He is a publicity flack, a
paper hanger for advertiser, grubbing trash. It is an impertinence for
Rochlin to claim that his Enjoythemusic.com ripoff "helps audiophiles".
It helps no one except Steven R. Rochlin, who next week will be pushing
different crap while the innocent is stuck with the crap he equally
willy-nilly pushed last week.

Check out who advertises on Rochlin's site. Then check out who gets the
best reviews and the constant mentions. Draw a conclusion. I have. See
above.

Andre Jute
"You can wait 'til more important things get taken care of."
-- Ned Carlson of TubeZone to a Customer who already waited *14 weeks*
for his tubes.

Andre Jute wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar

George M. Middius wrote:
Robert said:

Or does Mr. Jute think that the lives of audio entrepreneurs should patten

Just don't call the Krooborg a magnificent ******* or read Ferstler's books.

--
A day without Krooger is like a day radiation poisoning.

Mmm. As a matter of perspective George -- and much as I hate to say a
single kind word about an immoral slimeball like Krueger -- there is a
difference between Krueger and Rochlin. Krueger can be viewed -- and no
doubt will view himself in the clarity of the moment before death -- as
an overly fanatical pusher of the narrowest knife-edge of science
misapplied. It is not an uncommon thing for cranks to do, though most
of them are not as vicious as Krueger.

Rochlin of the Enjoythemusic.com ripoff doesn't even have the excuse of
a strong conviction, unless it is the strong conviction that the rest
of us exist only as a trough for Rochlin to dip his snout into at
feeding time, which for Rochlin is all the time. Rochlin's basic
immorality is greed, then more greed, then ignorance of what a proper
review sheet does, then some more greed, then the dishonesty of giving
manufacturers the reviews they pay for. Krueger was just badly brought
up and poorly educated but Rochlin is mercernary trash. I leave it to
decide which is worse.

Andre Jute
Habit is the nursery of errors. -- Victor Hugo

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

The Repair Guy wrote:

You still calling yourself "The Repair Guy"? Does that mean you have
learned to solder? Or are you like that clown Witless Wiecky who used
to hang around RAT calling himself "a repair hack" until we discovered
the only repair he ever perpetrated was to clean the dust out of
someone's amp with compressed air. That's worse than calling yourself
"The Repair Guy" because your momma said you could.

"Andre Jute" wrote:

Rochlin: far from "helping audiophiles" as you claim,
you are a parasite on high fidelity, pushing bland and

--snip--

Of course, you had to crosspost an attack on
one guy to five newsgroups...

Of course I did. When we put down a ripoff merchant, we want to put him
down in the fora in which he committed his crimes. Steven R. Rochlin
through his Enjoythemusic.com scam has been leading audiophiles to the
slaughter at the hands of incompetent makers of bland fashion-victim
crap without any discernable sonic benefit for years -- in all these
conferences, and some others, but I reckon the RAHE audiophools deserve
Rochlin for their gullibility and their slackness in not reading up a
little, a very little science.

What did you think I would do? Creep around sulking ineffectually like
you?

The Repair Guy
repairguy1993 dot netfirms dot com

Andre Jute
Stop bleating. Please, please, please give us the Silence of the Lambs.

Andre Jute wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Alan Rutlidge wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

How is it a "crap thread" to discuss the morality of a paper hanger for
advertisers like Steven R. Rochlin of the Enjoythemusic.com scam
delivering to his paymasters favourable reviews for goods that are
widely known to have no sonic effect whatsoever?

Or do you view the morality of scam artists using the free airwaves to
line their pockets the same way you view the morality of child sex
tourism to South East Asia?

Who cares in any case.

I do, obviously. So would you, if you had any brains. But if you don't,
like the good Lord Valve says, "It ain't rocket science. No likee, no
readee."

So the OP probably didn't put COMM: in the post
header.

You haven't read the thread or, if you did, you are a functional
illiterate (or if not, your brains have been eaten by syphilis). My
objection is not to moderate advertising of Rochlin's scam-site on the
audio conferences. My objection is to his dishonest claim to "help
audiophiles". My objection is to Rochlin supporting dishonest
saleshacks. My objection is that useless greedbag Rochlin posturing as
a moral arbiter. That's like telling the Mafia they can appoint the
Police Commissioner, inviting gangrene into the usenet.

Haven't you learnt to ignore this?

See above. You're another unsophisticated rustic with an on-off switch
in his mind who insists everything must be one way or the other. The
world isn't like that. There are shades. We tolerate a certain amount
of Rochlin-like corruption in the system because it isn't worth the
unpleasantness of excising it. But that jumped up street-trader Steven
R Rochlin is now getting above himself and has thereby made it worth
the unpleasantness of cleaning him out like pus from an abcess.

Andre Jute
"You can wait 'til more important things get taken care of."
-- Ned Carlson of TubeZone to a Customer who already waited *14 weeks*
for his tubes.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
RichCI RichCI is offline

Andre Jute wrote:
The Repair Guy wrote:

You still calling yourself "The Repair Guy"? Does that mean you have
learned to solder? Or are you like that clown Witless Wiecky who used
to hang around RAT calling himself "a repair hack" until we discovered
the only repair he ever perpetrated was to clean the dust out of
someone's amp with compressed air. That's worse than calling yourself
"The Repair Guy" because your momma said you could.

He repairs *guitars*, you dumbass, which is why he is responding to
your cross posted crap on alt.guitars. If you have a problem with some
audiophile tube supplier, stick to those forums; guitar players have no
use for gold plated connectors or your rambling.

Andre Jute wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
The Repair Guy The Repair Guy is offline

"Andre Jute" top-posted:

The Repair Guy wrote:

You still calling yourself "The Repair Guy"?

Well, let's take a moment and look at some message
headers... yup, evidently I stll am.

Does that mean you have learned to solder?

How would you possibly know whether I can solder?
Or MIG weld, or tap dance, or anything else?
Where do you get this stuff? Did you just buy the
Franklin Pocket Non Sequitur Generator (FPNSG)?
I bet the blue LEDs were what sold you on it.

--snip--
"Andre Jute" wrote:

Rochlin: far from "helping audiophiles" as you claim,
you are a parasite on high fidelity, pushing bland and

--snip--

Of course, you had to crosspost an attack on
one guy to five newsgroups...

Of course I did. When we put down a ripoff merchant, we

Who's "we"? You and the FPNSG? You & Andrew McCoy?
You & the Justice League of America?

want to put him down in the fora in which he committed his
crimes. Steven R. Rochlin through his Enjoythemusic.com
scam has been leading audiophiles to the slaughter at the
hands of incompetent makers of bland fashion-victim crap
without any discernable sonic benefit for years -- in all these
conferences, and some others, but I reckon the RAHE
audiophools deserve Rochlin for their gullibility and their
slackness in not reading up a little, a very little science.
What did you think I would do? Creep around sulking
ineffectually like you?

Actually, I was hoping you'd find a nice, quiet hobby.
Have you thought about building amplifiers?

The Repair Guy
repairguy1993 dot netfirms dot com
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar

Andre Jute said:

Or does Mr. Jute think that the lives of audio entrepreneurs should patten

Just don't call the Krooborg a magnificent ******* or read Ferstler's books.

Mmm. As a matter of perspective George -- and much as I hate to say a
single kind word about an immoral slimeball like Krueger

Let's leave it that. My comment was a sort-of pun on Robert's typo.

--
A day without Krooger is like a day radiation poisoning.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
soundhaspriority soundhaspriority is offline

Default Thank you, Andre & Bill

Andre, thanks to you, and to Bill Riel.

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...

Robert Morein wrote:
In article , "The Repair Guy"
wrote:

"Andre Jute" wrote:

Rochlin: far from "helping audiophiles" as you claim,
you are a parasite on high fidelity, pushing bland and
--snip--

Of course, you had to crosspost an attack on
one guy to five newsgroups...

The Repair Guy
repairguy1993 dot netfirms dot com

Sorry guys, forgery.

Bob Morein

Oh, you're definitely a forgery. The real Robert Morein is a fellow
with an elegant turn of mind who would never demean himself by these
nauseating iterations of soundbites so dull they are boring the first
time one sees them. -- Andre Jute

Andre Jute wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
soundhaspriority soundhaspriority is offline

I haven't made a study of Rochlin, as you have. I perused the site,
particularly the info sectionl. While I did not purposely examine the info
in order to validate it, it generally impressed me as useful; the sort of
stuff that many audiophiles who aren't bookish gain access to via Rochlin's
site.

Here in the U.S., there has been considerable law relating to the
truthfulness of advertising claims. "Bigger", "better", "more powerful",
"more effective", even "clinically proven", have been given somewhat of a
waiver by our legal system from standards of common discourse. Hence, we
tolerate advertising balderdash that would be considered offensive if told
by one person to another. In one case, the contents of a college catalog
were used as evidence against the college. The college successfully defended
with the claim that the introduction to the college catalog was
"advertising" rather than "contractual promises."

Since English and American common law are still joined at the hip to a
surprising degree, with civil verdicts shared as precedent in both
countries, the U.K. is not immune to this. In fact, there is a rather rude
colloquialism in the U.K. that actually was the slogan of a laxative --
"gets around the bend", which was modified to "he's gone around the bend."

All this is as puzzling to me as it would be to someone hearing it for the
first time. If Mr. Rochlin's activities are not sanctioned by everyone on
the personal level, the courts have endorsed much or all of it as one of the
primary engines of Capitalism -- advertising. According to capitalists,
encouragement of consumption is vital to prosperity.

All but the most ardent capitalists are torn between disgust and admiration
of all things capital. Capitalism is weak on moral content, but strong on
results.

I don't trust any review anymore. My standards have become too internal for
that. Perhaps you, too?

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
ups.com...

soundhaspriority wrote:
ups.com...

Andre Jute wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar

Robert said:

All this is as puzzling to me as it would be to someone hearing it for the
first time. If Mr. Rochlin's activities are not sanctioned by everyone on
the personal level, the courts have endorsed much or all of it as one of the
primary engines of Capitalism -- advertising. According to capitalists,
encouragement of consumption is vital to prosperity.

I think Jute's point was that Rochy doesn't present his plugs as adverts,
but rather as (impartialish) reviews. If he's just a shill, his role should
be made clear.

I don't trust any review anymore. My standards have become too internal for
that. Perhaps you, too?

Sad to say, squawking about shilling is a behavior evinced most often by
the Audio 'Borgs.

--
A day without Krooger is like a day radiation poisoning.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
soundhaspriority soundhaspriority is offline

I guess I screen so much of this out, I tend not to take note of it.. If
that is the situation, it's not right. But as in the college catalog case,
one is not necessarily required to specifically identify material as
advertising in order to gain protection from fraud-based complaint. I
believe the legal standard is whether a normally intelligent person would be
able to make the distinction.

Is this the case with Rochlin's site?

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Robert said:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
Alan Rutlidge Alan Rutlidge is offline

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
ups.com...

Alan Rutlidge wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Andre, grow up. The Internet and Usenet is full of scams. So this is just
another one hey?
Surely you have better things to talk about than exposing this alledged scam
artist?
There are plenty of people out there who would claim to be offering advice.
Some of it good, some of it bad, and a whole swag of in between stuff.
Andre, where do you see yourself in this scheme of things?

Or do you view the morality of scam artists using the free airwaves to
line their pockets the same way you view the morality of child sex
tourism to South East Asia?

And what might that view be Andre? Perhaps you might care to elaborate on
this piece of crap too?
You obviously have me at a disadvantage as I know nothing of the latter.

Who cares in any case.

I do, obviously. So would you, if you had any brains. But if you don't,
like the good Lord Valve says, "It ain't rocket science. No likee, no
readee."

No problem with you "caring" Andre. Ever considered your approach to the
subject is rather more confronting than constructive?

So the OP probably didn't put COMM: in the post
header.

You haven't read the thread or, if you did, you are a functional
illiterate (or if not, your brains have been eaten by syphilis). My
objection is not to moderate advertising of Rochlin's scam-site on the
audio conferences. My objection is to his dishonest claim to "help
audiophiles". My objection is to Rochlin supporting dishonest
saleshacks. My objection is that useless greedbag Rochlin posturing as
a moral arbiter. That's like telling the Mafia they can appoint the
Police Commissioner, inviting gangrene into the usenet.

So not only are you the Usenet Police, you also do physical and mental
diagnosis but also pathology by proxy. How interesting.

Haven't you learnt to ignore this?

See above. You're another unsophisticated rustic with an on-off switch
in his mind who insists everything must be one way or the other. The
world isn't like that. There are shades. We tolerate a certain amount
of Rochlin-like corruption in the system because it isn't worth the
unpleasantness of excising it. But that jumped up street-trader Steven
R Rochlin is now getting above himself and has thereby made it worth
the unpleasantness of cleaning him out like pus from an abcess.

Hmmm.... so it would appear that you intend to graduate from diagnosis by
proxy to surgery.
My, my you are indeed a talented chappie aren't you?

Andre Jute
"You can wait 'til more important things get taken care of."
-- Ned Carlson of TubeZone to a Customer who already waited *14 weeks*
for his tubes.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar

soundhaspriority wrote:
I haven't made a study of Rochlin, as you have. I perused the site,
particularly the info sectionl. While I did not purposely examine the info
in order to validate it, it generally impressed me as useful; the sort of
stuff that many audiophiles who aren't bookish gain access to via Rochlin's
site.

First of all, we in Europe have a higher expectation of reviews than
Americans. (It is a subtext of much of what John Atkinson writes; much
of the controversy he is involved in, away from the pseudo-scientific
crank fringe of Krueger etc, arises from the fact that he is an
Englishman with much higher expectations.) Secondly, the laws in Europe
are much different. Thirdly, your analysis of American law and practice
below is at variance with the reality of practice.

Here in the U.S., there has been considerable law relating to the
truthfulness of advertising claims. "Bigger", "better", "more powerful",
"more effective", even "clinically proven", have been given somewhat of a
waiver by our legal system from standards of common discourse. Hence, we
tolerate advertising balderdash that would be considered offensive if told
by one person to another. In one case, the contents of a college catalog
were used as evidence against the college. The college successfully defended
with the claim that the introduction to the college catalog was
"advertising" rather than "contractual promises."

But neither US law, nor local AAAA codes of practice, nor for that
matter codes of practice enforced by the major media, permit "passing
off", the pretense that one thing is in fact another thing. That is why
you find outright paid-for newspaper advertising supplements, when
dressed up as editorial matter, headed with the word "ADVERTISEMENT" or
"Advertising Supplement" on each page.

In the case of Steven R. Rochlin's EnjoytheMusic.com paid advertising
is clearly dressed up as independent advertising matter. That is
passing off. That is deceit for gain.

Since English and American common law are still joined at the hip to a
surprising degree, with civil verdicts shared as precedent in both
countries, the U.K. is not immune to this. In fact, there is a rather rude
colloquialism in the U.K. that actually was the slogan of a laxative --
"gets around the bend", which was modified to "he's gone around the bend."

The similarities are deceptive. In the UK an advertiser will get away
with none of the bigger and better examples you mentioned above.
European law effectively comes down to a challenge to advertisers to
prove all factual claims and in some cases implied factual claims. Note
that it is the law that issues the challenge; there is no need to wait
for a competitor or consumer to lodge a complaint; false advertising is
illegal and the state acts on behalf of the common weal. In practice,
long before the state acts, the professional bodies have acted,
precisely as in the US example above where no one in the print media
can get away with publishing an advertisement dressed up as editorial
without announcing it. (In most countries the sanction works through
capitalist means, incidentally: what happens is that after all other
remedies are exhausted, membership of the pro body is withdrawn, and
with it the right to get credit and to withold a fixed percentage of
the payment as the "agency" fee, which is the income of the
intermediaries. That usually suffices to close down the transgressor
because we are talking about interest for 90 days on many hundreds of
millions, and about 12-16.5 per cent of the many hundreds of millions
which are the ad agent's fees. Unfortunately the internet does not yet
have professional standards so there is no one to sanction the likes of
Rochlin when they transgress decency.)

All this is as puzzling to me as it would be to someone hearing it for the
first time. If Mr. Rochlin's activities are not sanctioned by everyone on
the personal level, the courts have endorsed much or all of it as one of the
primary engines of Capitalism -- advertising. According to capitalists,
encouragement of consumption is vital to prosperity.

I made my early career in advertising. I still write very technical
books on communications psychology and reprographics (a part of the
graphic arts) for the communications trades, of which advertising is a
substantial part. I believe implicitly in the value of advertising to
reduce unit costs my maximising distribution, the key mechanism of
capitalism.

However, the value of honest advertising is demeaned when people like
Rochlin tries to pretend advertising is impartial editorial. Rochlin's
activities at Enjoythemusic.shill devastate the credibility of a wider
audience, all for Rochlin's personal profit. He makes work for the rest
of us to recover that good faith which advertising would enjoy, but for
the activities of Rochlin and others like him.

All but the most ardent capitalists are torn between disgust and admiration
of all things capital. Capitalism is weak on moral content, but strong on
results.

That's bull****. The morality of the hidden hand is merely poorly
understood. As a young intellectual, I felt as you describe above,
terribly ambivalent. Then I went to Russia to lecture on the marketing
uses of statistics, during Brezhnev's little perestroika of the later
1960s. I came away wondering how anyone in his right mind could be
anti-capitalist. There are no examples, none, period, of central
planning working. The only alternative is capitalism. (The so-called
welfare state, often described as modified mixed-economy socialism, is
no such thing; it is modified capitalism and, what's more, a very
nation-state sort of capitalism at its root, as can be seen by studying
the first welfare state, Bismarck's Prussia, and the following that
through the Liberal founders of the British model system which in a
cleaned-up form operates in Germany and elsewhere in Europe today.)

I don't trust any review anymore. My standards have become too internal for
that. Perhaps you, too?

Yes, of course. But this isn't about whether two sophisticated
audiophiles are taken in by Rochlin's greedy crap. It isn't even about
those less sophisticated whom Rochlin leads to the slaughter at the
hands of paying pushers of placebo "audiophile" fashion-of-the-week
crap. This is about the fundamental dishonesty of Rochlin claiming to
"help audiophiles". In Europe he would investigated and brought up
before an enquiry for lying that he "helps audiophiles" when all he
does is "help himself line his pockets". That is so gross a
transgression of honesty that it alone would be enough to condemn
Rochlin and Enjoythemusic.ripoff, even without all his other deceits
and dishonesties.

Andre Jute

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
ups.com...

soundhaspriority wrote:
ups.com...

Andre Jute wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar

The poisonous miasma that is Andrew Jute McCoy exuded:
More Crap, different day....

Only this time, its chosen sock-puppets (both sides) joined in for
"weight".

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
soundhaspriority soundhaspriority is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...

The poisonous miasma that is Andrew Jute McCoy exuded:
More Crap, different day....

Only this time, its chosen sock-puppets (both sides) joined in for
"weight".

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

What is your problem, Peter? This is a purposeful, intellectual thread.

Bob Morein
Dresher, PA
(215) 646-4894

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

soundhaspriority wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

The poisonous miasma that is Andrew Jute McCoy exuded:
More Crap, different day....

Only this time, its chosen sock-puppets (both sides) joined in for
"weight".

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

What is your problem, Peter? This is a purposeful, intellectual thread.

Bob Morein
Dresher, PA
(215) 646-4894

Someone rather aptly christened this fellow Witless Wiecky. I didn't
know he still hangs around. He arrived around last November, probably
stoked up by Michael LaFever of Magnequest who is his neighbour, and
started his life of misery by assaulting my every post. I gave up
reading what he wrote after a couple of weeks. He doesn't do anything,
he doesn't know anything, he cannot contribute anything, he isn't
intelligent, he isn't amusing, he's a mindlessly circular oxygen-burden
on the planet.

There are more like Witless Wiecky on RAT: Yaeger, Poopie, MarkS,
Eiron, idiots who think that by making snippy comments about my posts
they will build up their own inadequate self-esteem. They're too dumb
to understand that one doesn't gain esteem by tearing down but by
building up. I just ignore them; they're harmless slow-learners, though
I daresay others without killfiles find their mindlessly iterated
stupidities irritating.

Andre Jute
Toujours l'outrage -- French for "in your face"

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
Robert Morein Robert Morein is offline

In article 1152329 "Andre Jute" babbled:

There are more like "Andre Jute" on RAT: Yaeger, Poopie, MarkS,
Eiron, idiots who think that by making snippy comments about my posts they
will build up their own inadequate self-esteem. And they use phony names like
"Andre Jute" as well. They're too dumb to understand that one doesn't gain
esteem by tearing down but by building up. I just ignore them; they're
harmless slow-learners, though I daresay others without killfiles find their
mindlessly iterated stupidities irritating.

Robert Morein
Shop 'N Bag, Pennsylvania

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
soundhaspriority soundhaspriority is offline

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
.. .
In article 1152329 "Andre Jute" babbled:

There are more like "Andre Jute" on RAT: Yaeger, Poopie, MarkS,
Eiron, idiots who think that by making snippy comments about my posts
they
will build up their own inadequate self-esteem. And they use phony names
like
"Andre Jute" as well. They're too dumb to understand that one doesn't
gain
esteem by tearing down but by building up. I just ignore them; they're
harmless slow-learners, though I daresay others without killfiles find
their
mindlessly iterated stupidities irritating.

Robert Morein
Shop 'N Bag, Pennsylvania

Alright, Brian. Great website you've got, http://www.coralseastudios.com.
Too bad it makes fraudulent claims.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
The Repair Guy The Repair Guy is offline

"Andre Jute" wrote:
--snip--
idiots who think that by making snippy comments
about my posts they will build up their own inadequate
self-esteem. They're too dumb to understand that one
doesn't gain esteem by tearing down but by building up.

Ah. That explains your attacks on Mr Carlson, etc.
Carry on.

The Repair Guy
repairguy1993 dot netfirms dot com
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

The Repair Guy wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote:
--snip--
idiots who think that by making snippy comments
about my posts they will build up their own inadequate
self-esteem. They're too dumb to understand that one
doesn't gain esteem by tearing down but by building up.

Ah. That explains your attacks on Mr Carlson, etc.
Carry on.

The Repair Guy

I haven't attacked Ned Carlson of Tubezone or Steven R. Rochlin of
Enjoythemusic. If I had attacked them, they'd be in surgery and then in
traction.

I have merely considered the morality of Carlson and Rochlin in the
light of published evidence -- published by themselves, I might add. On
hand of the finding Carlson and Rochlin's morality deeply flawed by
greed, insincerity, hypocrisy and arrogance, and, in Carlson's case,
rampant racism, I have concluded it is wiser not to give one's money to
Carlson at Tubezone.commisserations for goods when there are so many
honest tube pushers to buy from, nor to give one's money to the
placebo-pushing manufacturers Rochlin shills for at
Enjoythemusic.allpaidadvertising.

Turning now to you, anonymous "Repair Guy", your glaringly unsubtle
subtext is that these two scumballs should be immune from justifiable
and roundly justified criticism for their dishonesty *because they are
traders*. It is a common attitude in the audio conferences, where many
are wannabe traders. It is none the less a despicable attitude, and
despised by none, not even me, more than by the good, honest
professionals who give us their knowledge free of charge and expect
nothing in return except our goodwill.

This virtual commonwealth of crooks and incompetents on the net
explains why scum like Rochlin jumps to defend Carlson, and Carlson
jumps to defend Rochlin, and the two of them, all lovey-dovey, in years
gone by, before I landed on them for it like a ton of Roman law carved
in marble, used to tell everyone to buy, buy, buy from the other garage
vermin on the newsgroups. If you don't believe me, start reading RAT
c1997. And why they complained so bitterly when the flame wars they
started in the hope of attracting attention and profit backfired on
them.

Oh yeah, and it explains why simpering trash like Rochlin
hypocritically tries to sound high-minded by telling us he regrets the
passing of the old nettiquette -- but doesn't dare debate it with me
when I point out that the old nettiquette was that one did not enquire
into the trading practices and morality of the scum on the newsgroups,
or their gangbanging of consumers who dared complain about inadequate
goods and vicious attitudes. It was that nettiquette which persuaded
the invisible co-defendent to Carlson and Rochlin, Michael LaFever of
Magnequest, Philadelphia, that he could take over a public newsgroup as
his own marketing channel for his obsolete and incompetently designed
transformers -- with the full, enthusiastic, immoral and vicious
support of Carlson and Rochlin.

You methods of trying to protect these ripoff merchants, "Repair Guy",
stink to high heaven of personal attack on me. You haven't argued a
single case I put. You have merely kibbitzed about me.

Is there any reason I shouldn't killfile a dull clown like you as I
have already killfiled the other garage vermin?

Meanwhile, thanks for the opportunity to put some more facts about
Rochlin and his coterie of crooks on the record. It is ironic that
justice depends on wannabe vermin like you stirring the pot.

Andre Jute
"You can wait 'til more important things get taken care of."
-- Ned Carlson of TubeZone to a Customer who already waited *14 weeks*
for his tubes.

Here is my original in this thread, lest in the personal abuse flung by
the apprentice garage traders (and repair guys), we forget that serious
money is being stolen from unsuspecting audiophiles:
____

Rochlin: far from "helping audiophiles" as you claim,
you are a parasite on high fidelity, pushing bland and
incompetent **** because the makers pay you for
advertising on your silly site and for the number of
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
soundhaspriority soundhaspriority is offline

Default Realities of truth in advertising

Andre,
Here is a document which largely confirms your position:
http://www.ftc.gov/speeches/anthony/naruc.htm However, the realities of
advertising, at least in the U.S., seem remarkably divergent. To put it
bluntly, the level of enforcement based upon general advertising law verges
on nonexistence. However, there appear to be two tiers of law: the general
advertising law, as non-administered by the FTC, and statutes covering
special areas, such as drug and food labeling, that are strictly enforced.

The only example I can recall relevant to audio was the decision of the
FTC, sometime in the 70's, to mandate quoting of RMS power, rather than IHF
power, to "protect" consumers from blatantly false amplifier claims. For a
few years, the FTC lawyers whacked at the manufacturers, and got them in
line. In the past few years, the IHF power spec has reappeared. It appears
that with respect to compliance with advertising laws, the primary question
is, "What is the cost of compliance versus later payment of a fine ?"

As Steven R. Rochlin has got your back up, so I have my particular
pique. Brian L. McCarty has for years been attempting to attract investors
via blatant fraud, with his websites http://www.coralseastudios.com, and
http://www.worldjazz.com. I have on a number of occasions, and in a number
of ways, brought this to the attention of Australian regulators. Their
attitude appears to be that unless McCarty actually succeeds in taking
someone's money, there is no complaint worth the effort of prosecution. The
decision of law enforcement is weighted heavily by the existence of injured
parties.

Realities sometimes exist in contrast with the statutes. For example,
here in the U.S., the FBI has a guideline, sometimes broken at their
discretion, that cases distinguished primarily by financial loss are not
initiated unless the loss exceeds $40K.

Thus, Rochlin, as with current importers of junk equipment who quote IHF
power, "White Van" speakers, or Brian L. McCarty, take risks based upon
their assessment of who gets hammered and why. Of course, sometimes, when
the personality of a risk-taker gets carried away, as with a Ponzi scheme
that grows, he might lose his game of chance.

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...

soundhaspriority wrote:
[...]

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
ups.com...

soundhaspriority wrote:
ups.com...

Andre Jute wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

"RichCI" wrote in message
oups.com...

\

He repairs *guitars*, you dumbass, which is why he is responding to
your cross posted crap on alt.guitars. If you have a problem with some
audiophile tube supplier, stick to those forums; guitar players have no
use for gold plated connectors or your rambling.

Also, they like to throw out perfectly good Telefunkens.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Yo, Bob:

I started out writing to you how sad is all this laid out in your
letter. But it isn't, really. True, scum like Carlson and Rochlin and
LaFever get away with their nastiness only a little scarred. True, the
bullyboys on the internet seems to believe that living with dishonest
trailer park trash is a manhood rite. True, the authorities are lost in
a morass of immorality if they have to set a high financial barrier
before they act. On the other hand, nobody is pretending it is an ideal
situation, and some in authority are considering the amount of flex in
the system that is necessary/least damaging. And a minority of folk --
on these conferences you and me -- are not afraid to speak up and
trample a few bullyboys. I can remember how corrupting the constant
lying of the Kennedy/Johnson era was, and how the constant political
correctness of the left-wing generation which educated me narrowed
their mental capabilities and their inherent honesty (I'm talking about
the fellow-travellers protecting their careers by not stepping out of
line; the committed leftwingers were dishonest through and through,
like a candy stick you buy on an pier). Now principled people can at
least speak out. That is a huge advance. Far from whimpering in our
beer, a few tentative congratulations may be in order.

Andre Jute

soundhaspriority wrote:
[...]

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...

soundhaspriority wrote:
[...]

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
ups.com...

soundhaspriority wrote:
ups.com...

Andre Jute wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Andre Jute wrote:

Yo, Bob:

I started out writing to you how..........

I bet you did you damn pontificating windbag !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar

On 8 Jul 2006 08:50:47 -0700, "Andre Jute" wrote:

I haven't attacked Ned Carlson of Tubezone or Steven R. Rochlin of
Enjoythemusic. If I had attacked them, they'd be in surgery and then in
traction.

I love Andre's posts. They're always filled with sweetness and light.
It's like an episode of Play School.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar

paul packer said:

I love Andre's posts. They're always filled with sweetness and light.
It's like an episode of Play School.

How cryptic. What is "Play School"?

--
A day without Krooger is like a day radiation poisoning.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,alt.guitar

Signal said:

I love Andre's posts. They're always filled with sweetness and light.
It's like an episode of Play School.

How cryptic. What is "Play School"?

Children's TV programme :

sigh

--
A day without Krooger is like a day radiation poisoning.