Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Steve Andrew

Default Transformer parts

Hi

Can anyone reccomend an Australian supplier of transformer parts
(laminations, bobbins, frames, end bells etc) suitable for valve output
stages ?

Many thanks in advance

Steve Andrew

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison

"Steve Andrew"

Can anyone reccomend an Australian supplier of transformer parts
(laminations, bobbins, frames, end bells etc) suitable for valve output
stages ?

** Here is one in SA.

http://www.aemcores.com.au/AEMTransformerProducts.htm

........ Phil

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Patrick Turner

Phil Allison wrote:

"Steve Andrew"

Can anyone reccomend an Australian supplier of transformer parts
(laminations, bobbins, frames, end bells etc) suitable for valve output
stages ?

** Here is one in SA.

http://www.aemcores.com.au/AEMTransformerProducts.htm

....... Phil

AEM cores in Sth Aust don't make E&I lams or Ccores anymore.
The do have unicores but they are not suitable for tube amps either in the
power or
output transformers. I have tried them. The cores are excellent in power
trannies where no rectification occurs.
Losses are the same as toriodal cores of spiral GOSS strip.
Unicores are difficult to restrain and hold in place.

Sankey of Newcastle NSW do make excellent quality GOSS E&I cores but you have
to buy a minimum order
of 50Kg paid in advance at about $13.20 per Kg including gst.
This material is imported and Sankey stamp out the E&I in various shapes and
size to order
and then aneal it and the maximum permeability when fully intermeshed is
17,000.
Its the best material for PP or SE OPTs, although I have not tried GOSS with
50% nickel laminations.
I have no clue where nickel cores could be bought; there is no demand in a
tiny country like Oz.

Bell ends yokes and plastic bobbins are maybe still available fron
Engineering Enterprizes in Melbourne.
Not all sizes are available and the bell end finish is lousy since they are
stamped on machines no maybe 60 years old.

Grade 2 polyester-imide dual coated enamel hi-temp wire and varnish and mylar
insulation materials can be obtained from Blackburn Wires in Sydney.

I often make my own bobbins with fibreglass sheet and electrical grade board.

There is also a supplier in Oz for Eilor C-cores from Isreal; maybe you wait
for the parts to arrive though.

Patrick Turner

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison

"Patrick Turner"

AEM cores in Sth Aust don't make E&I lams or Ccores anymore.
The do have unicores but they are not suitable for tube amps either in the
power or output transformers. I have tried them.

** Proves nothing.

Turner is a demented, criminal imbecile.

......... Phil

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Mark Harriss

Phil Allison wrote:
"Patrick Turner"

AEM cores in Sth Aust don't make E&I lams or Ccores anymore.
The do have unicores but they are not suitable for tube amps either in the
power or output transformers. I have tried them.

** Proves nothing.

Turner is a demented, criminal imbecile.

........ Phil

I've tried them also, you smegma scraping, toroidal obsessing, dickwad.
They don't sell them any more and didn't want to sell mu-metal either.

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison

"Mark Harriss"

= an ASD ****ED, CRIMINAL SCHIZOPHRENIC

"Patrick Turner"

AEM cores in Sth Aust don't make E&I lams or Ccores anymore.
The do have unicores but they are not suitable for tube amps either in
the
power or output transformers. I have tried them.

** Proves nothing.

Turner is a demented, criminal imbecile.

I've tried them also,

** You have also tried ****ing dead donkeys, and gotten bitten as well!!

They don't sell them any more and didn't want to sell mu-metal either.

** The web site and the Turneroids ass say otherwise.

YOU LYING AUTISTIC CRIMINAL **** !

........ Phil

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Mark Harriss

Face facts Phil, Pat's right and you're a foaming rabid
****** who pretend to know stuff about suppliers but just
googles it off the net. When did you last buy bobbins and
laminations? never?.

Phil Allison wrote:
"Mark Harriss"

=

"Patrick Turner"

AEM cores in Sth Aust don't make E&I lams or Ccores anymore.
The do have unicores but they are not suitable for tube amps either in
the
power or output transformers. I have tried them.

** Proves nothing.

I've tried them also,

They don't sell them any more and didn't want to sell mu-metal either.

** The web site and the Turneroids ass say otherwise.

....... Phil

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison

Default What a Commie Ratbag

"roughplanet"

** Is a silly fake name for a very silly little man.

The arsewipe hiding behind it is Laurie Dare, 62, of Jeffrey Drive, Ringwood
in Melbourne.

Once an honoured member and treasurer for the Australian Communist Party.

Wall to wall ratbags there.

The lying cretin's one and only claim to fame was pelting rotten eggs at Bob
Menzies in the 1960s when he was chancellor of Melbourne Uni. They turfed
poor little Laurie ( he is only a runt) out of Melbourne Uni for that
gutless act of criminal stupidity.

Telling outrageous lies and gutless acts are all the cretinous, ASD ****ed
Laurie is good for.

Oh, and talking endless, completely asinine BULL**** about himself.

Peeeuuke.

........ Phil

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Alan Rutlidge

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"roughplanet"

** Is a silly fake name for a very silly little man.

The arsewipe hiding behind it is Laurie Dare, 62, of Jeffrey Drive,
Ringwood in Melbourne.

Once an honoured member and treasurer for the Australian Communist Party.

Wall to wall ratbags there.

The lying cretin's one and only claim to fame was pelting rotten eggs at
Bob Menzies in the 1960s when he was chancellor of Melbourne Uni. They
turfed poor little Laurie ( he is only a runt) out of Melbourne Uni for
that gutless act of criminal stupidity.

Telling outrageous lies and gutless acts are all the cretinous, ASD ****ed
Laurie is good for.

Oh, and talking endless, completely asinine BULL**** about himself.

Peeeuuke.

....... Phil

And lest we not forget your gobble, gobble, gobbling in the orchestra pit
with a uni lecturer who should (for his own protection) remain nameless,
should we Phil?

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Mark Harriss

Alan Rutlidge wrote:

And lest we not forget your gobble, gobble, gobbling in the orchestra pit
with a uni lecturer who should (for his own protection) remain nameless,
should we Phil?

Typical Phil tactic, to go to the manila folder kept under his bed,
next to the plastic green chamberpot and make up some crap in the
hopes of someone believing it.

As for Phil's uni days, I would have paid money to witness the event
in question, right now he's smacking his head against the table chanting
"No it never happened", "It's not true" over and over.

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
TT

"Alan Rutlidge" wrote
in message

et.au...

....... Philthy the Liar

And lest we not forget your gobble, gobble, gobbling in

the orchestra pit
with a uni lecturer who should (for his own protection)

remain nameless,
should we Phil?

Now when Philthy was at Uni (for his short stay) he was told
by fellow students "The more you suck the higher you get".
Unfortunately they were talking about "Wacky Backy" and poor
old Philthy, with his high school background, thought the
other thing :-))

Cheers TT (still numero uno)

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison

"Alan Rutlidge"

( snip Rutmaniac's fagotty fantasy drivel)

** Did you forget who stole all your money in 1997 ??

The Rutmaniac Arse Bandit has still **NEVER** told us how much
money that Thai pal he "imported" into Perth ripped off from his credit
card and bank accounts.

He has refused, over and over, to say why he never reported the crime his
Thai boy lover committed to his Bank or to the WA police.

** This post of his on " rec.travel asia " from 1997 explains the event:

------------------------------*------------------------------*---

" WARNING - Tourism dangers for Gay Tourists in Thailand

In my case I was coerced into sponsoring a Thai into Australia. I was
lead down the garden path into a false sense of security about my
relationship with this person. His aim was clearly to get me to purswade
the Australian Embassy to grant him a visa. Once here I didn't exist after
he drained my bank account and ran my credit card into overdraft.

Alan Rutlidge (Perth Western Australia) "

----------------------------- ------------------------------------

** The 1997 date pretty much co-incidences with the enactment of
Section 50 BA of the Commonwealth Crimes Act.

This is the law that finally made engaging in under age sex tourism
a criminal offence - with a max penalty of 17 years in jail.

BTW

The age of consent for gay males in WA in 1997 was 21 years old.

Come on - Arse Bandit - we all need to know if you were being
blackmailed.

And over what exactly ?

Did young Phouc Yu really **** you over ?

........ Phil

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
TT

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

Hey Quad Boy can't you actually do or say anything without
cutting and pasting exactly the same drivel year in year
out!?

It really is boring the **** out of everyone!

TT

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison

"TT"

Hey Quad Boy can't you actually do or say anything without
cutting and pasting exactly the same drivel year in year
out!?

** It's simple - Mr Grease Monkey Arsewipe.

Whenever your brain dead criminal **** pals publish malicious lies.

I post the simple truth about them.

Not an even handed deal, but I do not need to make anything up.

........ Phil

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison

"Mark Harriss"

Typical Phil tactic, to go to the manila folder kept under his bed,
next to the plastic green chamberpot and make up some crap in the
hopes of someone believing it.

** This exact post WAS from the Rutmaniac on " rec.travel asia "
from October 11, 1997.

------------------------------*------------------------------*---

" WARNING - Tourism dangers for Gay Tourists in Thailand

Thailand used to be a nice place to visit. Friendly people, interesting
cultures, magnificent sceneery. But now it seems to be seedier than
ever even in the out of the way places like the beautiful island of
Koh Samui. I recently returned from there a couple of months ago to find
myself the victim of a very elabourate con.
Two bad experiences with Thais has left me a bit cold on the country and
considering the smog problem, rumour of raised airport taxes etc. I would
find it hard to find anything attractive about visiting there in the near
future. Everywhere you go in the world there is always the possibility
of being ripped off but some of the locals are really capitalizing on it.

In my case I was coerced into sponsoring a Thai into Australia. I was
lead down the garden path into a false sense of security about my
relationship with this person. His aim was clearly to get me to purswade
the Australian Embassy to grant him a visa. Once here I didn't exist
after he drained my bank account and ran my credit card into overdraft.

Alan Rutlidge (Perth Western Australia) "

----------------------------- ------------------------------------

** The 1997 date pretty much co-incidences with the enactment of
Section 50 BA of the Commonwealth Crimes Act.

This is the law that finally made engaging in or promoting under age
sex tourism a criminal offence - max penalty 17 years in jail.

BTW

The age of consent for gay males in WA in 1997 was 21 years old.

Come on - Arse Bandit - we all need to know if you were being
blackmailed.

And why ???

Did young " Phouc Yu " really **** you over?

.......... Phil

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
atec77

Phil Allison wrote:
"TT"
Hey Quad Boy can't you actually do or say anything without
cutting and pasting exactly the same drivel year in year
out!?

** It's simple - Mr Grease Monkey Arsewipe.

Whenever your brain dead criminal **** pals publish malicious lies.

I post the simple truth about them.

Not an even handed deal, but I do not need to make anything up.

....... Phil

The BIG question is philthy why did you think sucking some little cock
was worth ruining your life to the point of you being barely able to
make repair to the odd toaster of failed water kettle , if your claims
were true about ability you wold be far more wealthy fiscally than you
are now and certainly you wouldn't be allowed into the real word only
under care , coincidently are you still trying to relive your lost youth
buy sucking all and sundry ?.
Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
TT

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"TT"

Hey Quad Boy can't you actually do or say anything

without
cutting and pasting exactly the same drivel year in year
out!?

** It's simple - Mr Grease Monkey Arsewipe.

Whenever your brain dead criminal c**t pals publish

malicious lies.

I post the simple truth about them.

Not an even handed deal, but I do not need to make

anything up.

....... Phil

So let's look at the lies then?

1) You are from Tasmania - True
2) You bought some dodgy ESLs - True
3) Your spelling and grammar fails when you get mad - True
4) You failed to finish Uni - True
5) There is a cloud over the official reason - True
6) You have something to hide about the incident - True
7) Through snippets of information received an educated
guess has been made - True
8) You will not divulge the exact reason - True
9) Therefore it must be highly embarrassing to you - True
(see 6&7)
10) You have little or no social life - True
11) You are very good at Goggling - True
12) You feign knowledge quite well - True
13) You are a real loser - True
14) You suffer from mental illness - True
15) You regularly abuse people and suggest tragic events
should happen to them - True

I'll give it a rest here for now.

TT

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison

Default What a CRIMINAL LIAR

"TT"

** It's simple - Mr Grease Monkey Arsewipe.

Whenever your brain dead criminal **** pals publish
malicious lies.

I post the simple truth about them.

Not an even handed deal, but I do not need to make
anything up.

So let's look at the lies then?

1) You are from Tasmania - True

** FALSE - you stupid, lying prick.

2) You bought some dodgy ESLs - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

Sold as being " in perfect condition" with a full warranty.

3) Your spelling and grammar fails when you get mad - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

I get very precise and very pithy.

4) You failed to finish Uni - True

** I simply left.

5) There is a cloud over the official reason - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

I have supplied the reasons several times.

6) You have something to hide about the incident - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

There was no "incident".

7) Through snippets of information received an educated
guess has been made - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

No "information" has been supplied by any others.

8) You will not divulge the exact reason - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

Been supplied already.

9) Therefore it must be highly embarrassing to you - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

10) You have little or no social life - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

I run a home business and deal with scores of different people.

I have many friends of long acquaintance too.

11) You are very good at Goggling - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

Just average at the silly thing.

12) You feign knowledge quite well - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

I am very smart.

Something a brain dead, criminal **** like YOU can never see.

13) You are a real loser - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

I do not have to tell lies about anyone or anything - like YOU do !!

I am my own person with no-one holding anything over me.

Puts me WAY ahead of a incorrigible scumbag & liar like YOU.

14) You suffer from mental illness - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

Tencer is a completely pathological LIAR.

15) You regularly abuse people and suggest tragic events
should happen to them - True

** Never - you lying prick.

Anonymous scumbags posting criminal crap and threats on usenet are not
"people".

Tencer has posted many such CRIMINAL THREATS.

Tencer is a lying, criminal psychopath.

A completely evil ****.

........ Phil

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Michael A. Terrell

TT wrote:

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

Hey Quad Boy can't you actually do or say anything without
cutting and pasting exactly the same drivel year in year
out!?

It really is boring the **** out of everyone!

TT

You've heard of the "Terminator"? Well, Phil is the "Drivellnator",
who is able to bore most people to tears with a few million cut and post
replies.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Sander deWaal

Default UH-OH .......

"Phil Allison" said:

"Mark Harriss"

Ahh yes the Quad ESL63, an oldie but a such goodie!.
An audiophile tale of derring do, action and adventure.
Such technological detective work, such resolve, such
determination to see a harmless hifi retailer receive
his comeuppance and just desserts.

** This story ??

The REAL story:

snip

Well, assuming this story is true (and why shouldn't it be?), I think
Phil was absolutely right.

Dealers who act like this should be trialed and convicted.

And no, I'm not exactly a "friend" of Phil's ;-)

--

- Never argue with idiots, they drag you down their level and beat you with experience. -

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute

Default Damn right too, Phil, you performed a public service

Phil Allison wrote:
"Mark Harrarses"

Ahh yes the Quad ESL63, an oldie but a such goodie!.
An audiophile tale of derring do, action and adventure.
Such technological detective work, such resolve, such
determination to see a harmless hifi retailer receive
his comeuppance and just desserts.

** This story ??

The REAL story:

In August 2003, Sydney hi-fi dealer and Quad stockist Campsie Hi-Fi
www.campsiehifi.com.au advertised a pair of second hand ESL63s for $ 4,900
on their web site. In September the asking price dropped to $ 3,900.

The web site ad said: "... one owner, in superb condition, have been fully
restored, new panels and power supply. Working in perfect order."

Friends of mine had seen the speakers in the store and were on first name
terms with one of the staff - so they suggested I should have a look at
them.

One afternoon in mid September, in company with my friend Joe, I inspected
the ESL63s. I asked the well spoken salesman questions about their age,
serial numbers, who had done the repair work and when etc.

The salesman ( Jordan) assured me in front of Joe they were a genuine,
one-owner pair with consecutive serial numbers, that some new panels and a
new power supply had been fitted by repair staff at Campsie Hi-Fi and they
were in perfect working condition. However, the store did not give demos of
traded in items.

I then made an offer on the price and after briefly conferring with the
manager Jordan returned saying it was accepted PROVIDED I bought them
immediately.

So out came my MasterCard and the deal was soon done.

Acting on advice from the same salesman, we returned to my flat first to
fetch several pillows and a doona to pack the items - since the store did
not have the original box or packing.

When I finally got them home I decided to let them warm up for a while -
since they had not been used in many months. I listened for any hums or
crackles and after an hour or so heard nothing untoward. Then I connected
them in place of my usual speakers in the lounge room.

Immediately it became obvious to Joe and myself that one speaker was way
louder than the other - so much for the perfect working order claim. Only
one of the two speakers still had its serial number label attached and this
was the one that was louder.

By now it was after 6 pm so we could not return the ESLs that day. Joe said
he could come back on the following Monday and assist me to return them.

Meanwhile, over the next couple of days I did a few simple tests on the
Quads (using pink noise and Rode SPL meter) and concluded that while one was
working quite up to spec the other was almost 9 dB down in level - though
with a normal frequency response.

With a big offset on the channel volume levels one could get normal stereo
sound but with a loss of maximum SPL of about 9 dB. Despite this the sound
was remarkable.

The problem with low volume speaker was likely in the power supply, a loss
of HT supply voltage due to leaky caps or diodes does exactly this - so I
had a peek by removing the bottom covers.

To my surprise, there was no sign of any new power supply in either speaker
but rather a RUSTY OLD one with the word "FAULTY" in black pen written
boldly across some ceramic capacitors in the one that was performing
normally.

There was also no signs of any new panels - so I contact John Hall in
Melbourne ( a well known Quad repair specialist) for tips on what to look
for and how to equate serial numbers with age. The two speakers dated from
1986 while the rusty old power supply was from 1982. I took some colour
photos of the PSUs in both speakers and made notes of all date codes on
electronic parts.

I packed the speakers up like before and with Joe's help returned them to
Campsie Hi-Fi the following Monday. The same salesman appeared and I
explained that I was not happy - besides the obviously faulty unit the
speakers had not been fully restored, no proper repairs had ever been done
and had no new parts inside. I asked for a full refund then left the
speakers there as the manager was absent at the time.

The next day, I sent a one page, firm but polite letter setting out my
complaints to Campsie Hi-Fi owner and manager Mr Harry Vlotis with a demand
for a refund.

There was never any acknowledgement of, or a reply to, this letter.

I next checked with my MasterCard supplier to see if they could do a
transaction reversal - contrary to previous advice from them the answer was
now NO. Their advisor said to go to "Fair Trading" with the problem.

After another week, there was a phone message to say the Quad speakers were
"fixed" and to come and get them.

My request for a refund was being ignored so I sent another copy of my
letter to Harry Vlotis - this time by registered mail.

A few days later Harry Vlotis rang me and told me to come pick up the
speakers. Harry had a thick, guttural Greek accent.

When I asked him if there was any chance of a refund he replied simply
"nuh". After a pause I said "... see you in the Fair Trading Tribunal ".

Harry made no response to that.

I lodged an application next day with the CTTT, ( Consumer, Trader and
Tenancy Tribunal - their new name) including a detailed statutory
declaration from Joe on the events.

One month later I *finally* met Harry Vlotis at the preliminary hearing in
the CTTT's offices in Hurstville.

Harry was a most imposing character, over 2 metres tall and aged about 60.

Despite repeated requests from the (female) Tribunal Member Harry did not
want to negotiate one bit. He kept insisting that his "no refund" policy
was well known to me and applied to all his goods. He also said to the
Member he did not think that consumer laws applied to second hand goods.

She informed him very firmly he was wrong about that.

She also informed him in no uncertain fashion that his "no refund" policy
was contrary to Australian law.

In the conference room I showed Harry my various photos and other details
proving the lack of any new parts.

He replied saying (very rudely) that they just "swapped parts out" as needed
to get something working.

So "different" was EQUAL to "new" in Harry the Greek's legal book !!!!!!

As no agreement was be reached we were asked to return for a formal hearing
at a later date.

A few days later I saw ** MY** ESL63 speakers were back on sale on the
store's web site, at the SAME price, with the same details except the words
"new" and "fully restored" were now mysteriously gone !!!!!

Maybe Harry was learning !!!!!

A week before the formal hearing, Harry sent me a letter with an offer to
settle - he would pay me $500 less than what I had paid him. !!!

Whaaaaaaaattttttt !!!

$500 for the lend of one good and one faulty Quads over the weekend was not
good value for money and so I ignored this *insulting* offer.

It seemed Harry was getting a desperate, or maybe rattled.

At the formal hearing I arranged for my friend Joe to appear as a witness -
in case of any attempt to use lies to defeat the legal process.

I expected Harry would to bring the salesman as a witness, his son Jordan,
as he had been *advised to do* by the female CTTT member - but he did not.

I suspect that Jordan was not prepared to lie, so he was no use to Harry.

On December 10th , 2003 before a new (male) Tribunal Member and with the
three of us under oath, the details of whole matter were again gone through.

My witness Joe was questioned by the CTTT member, Harry and myself on
various points.

On three occasions during the 75 minute hearing, the Tribunal Member asked
if we would consider negotiating a settlement - on each occasion I said
"fine with me" - but Harry would not agree.

Harry denied the ESL63 speakers being offered on the store's web site were
the same one as mine, repeated his asinine faith in his blanket "no refund"
policy but strangely enough agreed there were no new panels fitted nor any
new
power supplies.

He alleged that I must have damaged that one speaker in transit - through
poor packing.

Joe put that straight by detailing how we had made a special trip to obtain
lots of soft packing materials for the ESLs.

The CTTT member accepted this. Harry went very quiet.

Harry then admitted he had no idea if the speakers had consecutive serials,
denied Jordan had ever said that they did ( Joe again convinced the Member
that was quite untrue) and told the Tribunal the problem with the faulty
speaker was traced to a "loose wire".

None of which seemed convincing to the member.

Eventually, we were ALL asked to leave the room for 20 minutes while the
CTTT member deliberated on the written and sworn evidence.

We retreated back to the waiting area and sat at maximum separation from
Harry.

When we were asked to return, the CTTT member had made out a "Tribunal
Order" that Campsie Hi-Fi ( aka Campsie T V Services Pty Ltd) refund me the
full purchase price within 7 days - all $3500.

He also warned Harry that his published "no refund" policy was contrary to
the Commonwealth Trade Practices Act and the NSW Fair Trading Act.

Harry did not look impressed by this.

( His illegal policy was never changed.)

Just after Christmas 2003, I received a full refund cheque from Campsie
Hi-Fi - three months after returning the ESL 63 speakers.

See the formal summary of the judgement:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/n...T/2004/63.html

....... Phil

Damn right too, Phil, you performed a public service by exposing a
crooked hi-fi dealer. And I must say you did it in a civilized and
socialized manner. I personally would not have been so polite and so
patient. Vlotis (and his son Jordan -- I don't like flunkies lying to
me either) would have been in traction for a good long time if they
didn't give my money back immediately I asked for it.

Congratulations on proving once again that you are a more useful member
of society (in addition to being a more knowledgeable audiophile) than
that scum at aus.hi-fi. Not that the demonstration is necessary after
they danced around publicly jerking off in glee at the possibility that
you might have suffered a loss, thereby demonstrating the sort of
people they are.

Andre Jute
Our legislators managed to criminalize fox-hunting and smoking; when
they will get off their collective fat arse and criminalize negative
feedback? It is clearly consumed only by undesirables.

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Mark Harriss

That's actually a new variation on an old tactic Phil:
Instead of posting some made up crap about me, you've
obviously cut and pasted made up crap about someone else
this time. Do try and get your attacks correct.

P.S. have you ever been in contact with AEM about buying
transformer components such as E and I lams or were you
just doing a Google and presenting that as personal knowledge?
Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Geoff C

Mark Harriss wrote in news:4456a5d9$0$516$61c65585
@uq-127creek-reader-03.brisbane.pipenetworks.com.au:

That's actually a new variation on an old tactic Phil:
Instead of posting some made up crap about me, you've
obviously cut and pasted made up crap about someone else
this time. Do try and get your attacks correct.

P.S. have you ever been in contact with AEM about buying
transformer components such as E and I lams or were you
just doing a Google and presenting that as personal knowledge?

Am I missing something here, seems to me AEM's site says they no longer
make these?

http://www.aemcores.com.au/ECores.htm

Stopped dealing with them years ago when they being able To supply us with
200mm C-cores.
Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Mark Harriss

Geoff C wrote:
P.S. have you ever been in contact with AEM about buying
transformer components such as E and I lams or were you
just doing a Google and presenting that as personal knowledge?

Am I missing something here, seems to me AEM's site says they no longer
make these?

http://www.aemcores.com.au/ECores.htm

Stopped dealing with them years ago when they being able To supply us with
200mm C-cores.

Precisely, but in Phil's world of Google bum steers they still do.
Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
roughplanet

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"roughplanet"

** Is a silly fake name for a very silly little man.

Made up by my son.

The arsewipe hiding behind it is Laurie Dare, 62, of Jeffrey Drive,
Ringwood in Melbourne.

A lot nicer than your lousy abode; 3/19 Prospect Road, Summerhill in Sydney.

Once an honoured member and treasurer for the Australian Communist Party.

So?

Wall to wall ratbags there.

Rubbish. A few of Australia's Ministers of the Crown, including a Treasurer
& Deputy Prime Minister were members of the same organisation.
All ratbags, eh Philthy?

The lying cretin's one and only claim to fame was pelting rotten eggs at
Bob Menzies in the 1960s when he was chancellor of Melbourne Uni. They
turfed poor little Laurie ( he is only a runt) out of Melbourne Uni for
that gutless act of criminal stupidity.

You're the only 'lying cretin' on this newsgroup Philthy. The only place
that chucking eggs is a criminal act is in your sick mind.
What were you sucked (sorrry, chucked) out of uni for Philthy?
And when did you last make a statement, political or otherwise, that took
any guts at all? Let me guess; NEVER.
And as for being a runt, I've offered you the opportunity to say that to my
face on many occassions, and all you could do was threaten me with the
police.

Telling outrageous lies and gutless acts are all the cretinous, ASD ****ed
Laurie is good for.

You're confusing me with that sad, pathetic liar in your mirror. You've been
caught lying on this & other newsgroups so many times it's obvious your
lying is compulsive.
Let's see whose got the guts & who hasn't Philthy? I'll be driving through
Sydney on my way to the Gold Coast in a couple of weeks time, and am happy
to meet you to 'discuss' our differences.
So just say the word & I'll call in, and the outcome will be posted on this
newsgroup so that everyone can judge for themselves who is the ASD f****d
liar & who isn't. Fair enough?

Oh, and talking endless, completely asinine BULL**** about himself.

No Philthy; you're the one who talks endless, completely asinine BS about
everyone else on this newsgroup. By your own admission, anything you don't
know you make up. 'Educated guesses' you call them, don't you?
Everyone else just calls them bull****, and you a bloody liar.

Peeeuuke.

That's precisely the effect that a slimy, foulmouthed, gutless liar like
yourself has on every decent person on aus.hi-fi, and why so many of them
now post on Oz Hi-fi & HT, a Phil Allison-free zone.
Ill see you in a fortnight if you're game, but I won't hold my breath.

ruff

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison

"GB"
Sander deWaal

Dealers who act like this should be trialed and convicted.

You're showing signs of having watched too much American
television there son. You don't get 'trials' or 'convictions'
in the SCT.

** That is quite false.

Hearings in the NSW CTTT ( and similar tribunals ) are quite formal and
have much the same rules as any court.

Misbehaviour in a hearing, failing to appear on summons, giving false
evidence or wilfully failing to comply with an order of the tribunal are
criminal offences carrying large fines and jail terms.

........ Phil

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Patrick Turner

Phil Allison wrote:

"Patrick Turner"

AEM cores in Sth Aust don't make E&I lams or Ccores anymore.
The do have unicores but they are not suitable for tube amps either in the
power or output transformers. I have tried them.

** Proves nothing.

Turner is a demented, criminal imbecile.

........ Phil

Nobody will believe you Phil.

The full text you should have quoted but didn't was :-

Phil Allison wrote:

"Steve Andrew"

Can anyone reccomend an Australian supplier of transformer parts
(laminations, bobbins, frames, end bells etc) suitable for valve output
stages ?

** Here is one in SA.

http://www.aemcores.com.au/AEMTransformerProducts.htm

....... Phil

Now Phil, let me make the point again, and more firmly, and that it is that you
directed someone interested in tube amp parts to AEM, but they would be unable
to be of much help.

They were of help until about 5 years ago when one could
order C-cores made to order, but not any more. They have not made E&I lams for
many years.
Although AEM's Unicores are a great idea there are problems using them to gain a
product
that looks as good as the E&I lams with bell ends. Then there is the problem of
mechanical clamping of them; they rely more vanishing, and are more difficult to
clamp than C-cores or E&I,
so waxing them like many DIYers do with OPT would not be good practice.

The Unicores are however available in various forms with regard to gaps which
can be stepped
or partially formed and a clever designer would perhaps be able to use them to
advantage, but I have never seen any
Unicored OPT yet.
When fully and maximally intermeshed the unicores have virtually the same
permeability as a toroidal wound with GOSS and are thus prone to dc saturation
at low levels due to net dc imbalance in PP output stages.
One advantage is that the unlike wasteless pattern E&I lams, the window size can
be made larger
in respect to the Afe, ie, the area of the build up and strip width going
through the coil, so the Acu can be a lot higher to make the OPT have very low
copper losses, a useful thing in an OPT.
Of course the same rules apply with the Afe and saturation and you still have to
design the unicored OPT
able to have B= 1.6T at 14 Hz. Good OPTs with wide bandwidth are always going to
be heavy
with respect to the VA rating.

I am a not a demented criminal imbecile for offering the public the wealth of my
technical experience.

But we all know who the demented imbecile really is, and he's never wound an OPT
afaik.

Patrick Turner.

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Patrick Turner

delete a lot about a court case....

[...]

I am left wondering whether you mean negative FB in the societal and law making
sense,
or in the electronic sense. I'd find a society difficult to live in if i was
jailed for making
negative comments about anything any time.

But when i am negative about something Phil says, he is quick to call me a crazy
criminal
even without having been tried.

Anyway, Phil probably agrees that electronic NFB is a good idea and he wouldn't
welcome the
NFB police when they come around to inspect equipment to see if NFB has been
applied or not.

John Bloward, Australia's Primiserator and his Treasuradda, Peeta Cost-Hello are
about to legistate
against NFB in June just after the budget in May because something must be done
to recoup the costs of the tax cuts promised in the budget, and offset the costs
of losing
dead soldier's bodies who commit suicide in Iraq.

Expect to see plenty of amplifiers left along the curbs on Council clean up day.
There will be a $500 fine for the first 2dB of NFB applied, and $400 for each dB
thereafter with
no exemptions for local NFB or tax rebates or subsidies for positive feedback.

Patrick Turner.

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
TT

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message
:
:
: Phil Allison wrote:
:
: Turner is a demented, criminal imbecile.
:
: ........ Phil
:
: Nobody will believe you Phil.
:
:
: Patrick Turner.
:
:
Sorry to correct you Pat but apparently something called an
Andre Jute does and he believes everything Philthy posts.
From AJ's posts today I gather Philthy and he are betrothed
;-)

Cheers TT

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Patrick Turner

: Phil Allison wrote:
:
: Turner is a demented, criminal imbecile.
:
: ........ Phil
:
: Nobody will believe you Phil.
:
:
: Patrick Turner.
:
:
Sorry to correct you Pat but apparently something called an
Andre Jute does and he believes everything Philthy posts.
From AJ's posts today I gather Philthy and he are betrothed
;-)

Cheers TT

Andre Jute does NOT always agree with Phil's position and nor does he
believe in everything Phil says.

Andre points out the attacks made against Phil which have Phil being
verbally violent
as a response. Unfortunately Phil has some kind of bi-polar disorder
and chucks a hissy fit at the sightest povocation, something so many at
aus-hi-fi fail to ignore appropriately.

Why don't I bother to discuss much at aus.hi-fi?

Ask yourselves, if you are able.

But one reason is that If I stand up and say anything, the **** buckets
start a flying, and frankly
I have not much new to offer anyone at news groups because i have said
it all before over the past 5 years
and I hate repeating myself.
I am revising my website to the benefit of all rather than spending so
muchtime in news groups.
TT, I am wondering what you are doing apart from nit-picking on a news
group?

Phil knows more correct techno stuff than what he might know which may
be incorrect, and what he does know
that is correct is far more than all of the rest of aus.hi-fi
participants all put together.

It is tragically unfortunate that Phil sees fit to be such a completely
bad mannered nutzoid professor that
everyone prefers would just **** off, and stay ****ed off. And anyhow,
any answers anyone may want about
technicals could be had elsewhere from someone else, and given politely,
should anyone wish to seek
such knowledge.

There is nobody who is indispensible to the progress of human
experience,
including you, me, and of course Phil.

Patrick Turner.

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
TT

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message
:
: TT, I am wondering what you are doing apart from
nit-picking on a news
: group?
:
: Patrick Turner.
:
:
Thankyou for asking. I have been helping to establish a
vibrant and healthy forum at http://forum.aushifi.com/ to
eliminate all the bad stuff that happens here. I am
actually trying to do something about promoting polite and
technically astute interaction on the web.

Cheers TT

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison

"GB"

** That is quite false.

Hearings in the NSW CTTT ( and similar tribunals ) are quite formal
and have much the same rules as any court.

Misbehaviour in a hearing, failing to appear on summons, giving false
evidence or wilfully failing to comply with an order of the tribunal
are criminal offences carrying large fines and jail terms.

Yes, that's all correct, but they're not courts, they're tribunals.

** They ARE just like courts.

The only thing ( generally) absent is lawyers.

Pretty much by definition,

** Drivel.

tribunals operate with relaxed rules
of evidence and relatively relaxed procedures.

** You are off the subject and using the logical fallacy of arguing from the
general to the particular.

The CTTT is not like other "tribunals".

Local courts doing "small claims" are not like tribunals at all.

They don't conduct
'trials' nor 'convict' per-se, they conduct "enquiries", make
"findings" and "orders".

** WRONG.

The CTTT and local courts do NOT conduct enquiries.

The case is initiated by the applicant who MUST present in a courtroom
situation sufficient evidence to justify the order they want made in their
favour. Then the respondent gets to defend the matter and challenge the
evidence and present evidence of their own. All document or audio/video
evidence to be used in a hearing MUST be supplied to the other party prior
to the day.

Either party can have summons issued (at no cost) for relevant witnesses to
attend and documents to be produced to them prior to the day as well.

Witnesses are required to wait outside the hearing room until needed.

Tampering with a witness would be taken as contempt.

It is all serious stuff which many folk find very intimidating.

My assertion re "too much American TV" comes from the OP's use
of "trial" and "convict" in context of the tribunal.

** A trader in the CTTT or local court is very much on trial, he has to
defend his actions or face the consequences. An order against a trader is
the same as a conviction for breaching the Trade Practices or Fair Trading
acts.

Those things
don't happen in tribunals, they happen in courts after the
"dealers who act like this" decide that they're above the law
(or get it in their little minds that because the tribunal said
"please" and "recommend" that tribunals somehow aren't 'law').

** There is no "please"' or " recommend"' about the CTTT or local courts.

YOU are talking straight through your arse.

*Anyone* who acts like *this* (demonstrates contempt for the
tribunal) deserves to be trialled and convicted... in a court!

** And they would be, with the CTTT member giving evidence him or herself
and an audio tape of every word presented.

Local courts can act on contempt matters even faster.

........ Phil

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Sander deWaal

GB said:

My assertion re "too much American TV" comes from the OP's use
of "trial" and "convict" in context of the tribunal. Those things
don't happen in tribunals, they happen in courts after the
"dealers who act like this" decide that they're above the law
(or get it in their little minds that because the tribunal said
"please" and "reccomend" that tribunals somehow aren't 'law').
*Anyone* who acts like *this* (demonstrates contempt for the
tribunal) deserves to be trialled and convicted... in a court!

Please note that English isn't my first language so I might have used
the wrong terms.

Other than that, I think you understood my point very well.

--

- Never argue with idiots, they drag you down their level and beat you with experience. -
Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Alan Rutlidge

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"TT"

** It's simple - Mr Grease Monkey Arsewipe.

Whenever your brain dead criminal **** pals publish
malicious lies.

I post the simple truth about them.

Oh gawd here we go again. Can't possibly still be a full moon - can it?

Not an even handed deal, but I do not need to make
anything up.

Err, don't you mean and under handed deal?

So let's look at the lies then?

1) You are from Tasmania - True

** FALSE - you stupid, lying prick.

2) You bought some dodgy ESLs - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

Sold as being " in perfect condition" with a full warranty.

If so, why didn't you claim on the warranty dip ****?
It was you who said they were "dodgy" in the first place.

3) Your spelling and grammar fails when you get mad - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

I get very precise and very pithy.

Hmmm..... now that claim is **** easy to disprove. Google Groups is MY
friend. :P

4) You failed to finish Uni - True

** I simply left.

Doesn't change the fact that you squandered away a scholarship opportunity
and never completed your studies there.

5) There is a cloud over the official reason - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

I have supplied the reasons several times.

Yeah you sure did. You cited "personal reasons", but failed to elaborate on
those when challenged about it.

6) You have something to hide about the incident - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

There was no "incident".

So prove it.

7) Through snippets of information received an educated
guess has been made - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

No "information" has been supplied by any others.

Actually the autistic toaster tech admitted to gathering "information
snippets" from a number of sources.
Pity the silly prick has taken 99% of it out of contect, added 2 and 2 and
come up with 7. :-(
But hey it's a major feat all of its own for Phil.

Yeahm yeah, yeah Phil. **** on my leg and tell me it's raining......

9) Therefore it must be highly embarrassing to you - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

However it is a point of contention with you Phil, so TT's conclusion isn't
that far of the mark. :P

10) You have little or no social life - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

I run a home business and deal with scores of different people.

Yeah I could say the same too, but I don't have to add old grannies getting
their toasters and jugs repaired to boost my social circle.

I have many friends of long acquaintance too.

Care to name a few?

11) You are very good at Goggling - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

Just average at the silly thing.

Hmmm..... that's a quote worthy of noting. Mr Perfect actually admits to
mediocraty. :-)

12) You feign knowledge quite well - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

I am very smart.

Err don't you mean smartarse?

Something a brain dead, criminal **** like YOU can never see.

13) You are a real loser - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

Hmmm...... let's recap -

1) No friends.
2) In your 50's and still renting a dump of a flat - that's a worry.
3) Failed to finish uni when the opportunity was handed to you on a
silver platter - not only sad but you wasted the opportunity to the
exclusion fo some poor other bugger who would probably made the best of it.
4) Dog in a manger - see 3 above.
5) Bet you have no superannuation either, or if you do it's worthless.
6) Your most expensive asset is junk hi-fi
7) Your whole pathetic life revolves around trolling Usenet looking for
an opportunity vent your anger and frustration.
8) Other than your alleged uni indiscretion, you're a confirmed virgin?

I do not have to tell lies about anyone or anything - like YOU do !!

Oh - pot, kettle, toaster black.....

I am my own person with no-one holding anything over me.

Well Phil, I'll have to hand it to you - you are unique. :P

Puts me WAY ahead of a incorrigible scumbag & liar like YOU.

What, way ahead in the queue for evening the score Phil?
I bet there's a few here who would like to see you face to face.
On the other hand, I'm a bit adverse to pig ugliness.

14) You suffer from mental illness - True

** FALSE - you lying prick.

The problem is Phil, your condition effectively prevents you from you seeing
the real you.

Tencer is a completely pathological LIAR.

Well if TT is a complete pathological liar, what does that make you Phil?

15) You regularly abuse people and suggest tragic events
should happen to them - True

** Never - you lying prick.

How a short and selective memory you have Phil.
Oh yeah, Google Groups you are my friend. :-)

Anonymous scumbags posting criminal crap and threats on usenet are not
"people".

Tencer has posted many such CRIMINAL THREATS.

Pot kettle toaster black....

Tencer is a lying, criminal psychopath.

A completely evil ****.

....... Phil

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison

"Alan Rutlidge"

There was no "incident".

** But here is an INCIDENT of a criminal nature the

Rutmaniac Arse Bandit cannot even begin to explain:

[...]

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
TT

"Alan Rutlidge" wrote
in message

Just thought I would pick on this easy one ;-)

15) You regularly abuse people and suggest tragic

events
should happen to them - True

** Never - you lying prick.

How a short and selective memory you have Phil.
Oh yeah, Google Groups you are my friend. :-)

http://groups.google.com.au/group/au...fc1370ed05d1f7

Does this Qualify as proving my point? Phil telling someone
to "get cancer and die". So this must be never eh?

So proving Philthy is a liar (again) is just not sport
anymore :-(

Cheers TT

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Patrick Turner

TT wrote:

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message
:
: TT, I am wondering what you are doing apart from
nit-picking on a news
: group?
:
: Patrick Turner.
:
:
Thankyou for asking. I have been helping to establish a
vibrant and healthy forum at http://forum.aushifi.com/ to
eliminate all the bad stuff that happens here. I am
actually trying to do something about promoting polite and
technically astute interaction on the web.

Cheers TT

You would need excellent bull**** filters for sure.

Patrick Turner.

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison

"TT"

= Terry Tencer of Pelican Point WA

= the most evil kind of scumbag imaginable.

http://groups.google.com.au/group/au...fc1370ed05d1f7

** This example demonstrates EXACTLY why I posted:

" Anonymous scumbags posting criminal crap and threats on usenet are not
"people".

A *nameless, psychotic poster* carrying on a campaign of criminal threats
and malicious libel is not "people".

In this thread, the *nameless, psychotic poster* published the home address
in St Albans of the young bouncer responsible for the accidental death of
cricketer David Hookes - so that his young wife and child would be
criminally harassed by an angry, drunken mob.

Here was my terse reaction to that:

He'd be very much at home at Ruth St St Albans.

** Why dont you post the full address and phone number - like others on
usenet have ??

Add a direction to hunt down and kill the person too while you are at
it.

That would be consistent with your usual approach.

......... Phil

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Alan Rutlidge

Default Phoolish Phil and his Phantasy World

[...]

Phil. True to form. 2 + 2 = 7

As has been mentioned before by others. Phil takes small snippets of
information which have absolutely no correlation with each other, and from
them fabricates a fantasy world that only he can understand. Sad, if not
pathetic really.

Oh, and by the way Phil, who's "Phouc Yu"? The name of your blow up doll
which lives under your bed with the plastic urinal and the mucky magazines?

Posted to aus.electronics,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
TT

"paul packer" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 May 2006 15:06:57 +0800, "TT"
wrote:

Terry, where are Jute's posts? Apart from the one quoted

by Patrick
(which doesn't read like Jute anyway) I can't find them. I

smell a rat
here.

The thread "Scum that make me ashamed to be an Australian"
by Andre Jute. He attacks several of the good guys ;-) It
is so Monty Pythonesque it is funny actually and I have been
accused of a *Taunting*. A passing acquaintance of Python's
Holy Grail is must here :-)

Cheers TT

see below

Andre Jute wrote to Philip Allison:

" Congratulations on proving once again that you are a more
useful
member
of society (in addition to being a more knowledgeable

audiophile) than
that scum at aus.hi-fi. Not that the demonstration is

necessary after
they danced around publicly jerking off in glee at the

possibility that
you might have suffered a loss, thereby demonstrating the

sort of
people they are."

I used to be tough on the cultural cringers and others who
apologized
for being Australian. But now I understand how they feel,
after I saw
TT ) and Alan Rutlidge
) and the rest of that
aus.hi-fi
trailer park trash (1) in action, taunting Phil, then
complaining that
he abuses them. They should be abused, indeed stepped on
hard enough to
wipe them. They're bullying scum.

Andre Jute
Zero tolerance for farmyard bullies

(1) And in more moral times, that British loudmouth Mark
Harriss
) would have been deported to father
more criminal
progeny like TT and Rutlidge, on sheep of course.