Robert Morein

Default M-Audio Delta 1010 application software?

I recently obtained an M-Audio Delta 1010 8-channel AD/DA system with a PCI
interface.
Is there Windows application software that would allow me to synthesize
surround sound according to Beranek's or similar parameters, ie., early
reflections, late reflections, reverb time, wall hardness, and so forth?

Pointers to any other software, ie., IAC cancellation, room eq, etc., that
would be of interest to the audiophile would be appreciated.

Arny Krueger

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

I recently obtained an M-Audio Delta 1010 8-channel AD/DA system with
a PCI interface.

Is there Windows application software that would allow me to
synthesize surround sound according to Beranek's or similar
parameters, ie., early reflections, late reflections, reverb time,
wall hardness, and so forth?

Sure, tons of software if you are willing to do some work.

I think that a combination of functions in Audition would do the trick.
Audition/CE is apparently widely used for architectural acoustical
simulation.

http://www.ramsete.com/aurora/

If you search google with *acoustic simulation* there is lots of stuff.

Randy Yates

"Robert Morein" writes:

I recently obtained an M-Audio Delta 1010 8-channel AD/DA system with a PCI
interface.
Is there Windows application software that would allow me to synthesize
surround sound according to Beranek's or similar parameters, ie., early
reflections, late reflections, reverb time, wall hardness, and so forth?

Pointers to any other software, ie., IAC cancellation, room eq, etc., that
would be of interest to the audiophile would be appreciated.

Adobe Audition 1.5 has a multichannel encoder that will generate the standard
FL, FR, C, LFE, LS, RS channels of Dolby 5.1
--
% Randy Yates % "The dreamer, the unwoken fool -
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % in dreams, no pain will kiss the brow..."
Dave Korman

But to avoid any confusion - Audition outputs either 6 separate wav files or
an interleaved file. You then have to feed that into a Dolby Digital ($$$)
encoder to create the digital data stream that goes onto a DVD.

"Randy Yates" wrote in message
"Robert Morein" writes:

[...]

Randy Yates

"Dave Korman" writes:

But to avoid any confusion - Audition outputs either 6 separate wav files or
an interleaved file. You then have to feed that into a Dolby Digital ($$$)
encoder to create the digital data stream that goes onto a DVD.

That's correct. I assumed the OP only wanted something to drive his D/A
converters with.

--RY

"Robert Morein" writes:

[...]

% Randy Yates % "Remember the good old 1980's, when
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % things were so uncomplicated?"
%%% 919-577-9882 % 'Ticket To The Moon'
%%%% % *Time*, Electric Light Orchestra
http://home.earthlink.net/~yatescr