David Lindgren

Default Revox B760 tuner power supply problem

I have an old Revox B760 tuner which I aquired second hand quite a
while ago. This fantastic piece of equipment worked beautifully for a
while, but recently has developed some kind of power supply problem.

The moment I try to power it up, the 250mA user accessible fuse blows
(the one next to the voltage selector; there are a number of other
fuses embedded inside the box, but these are not easily accessible).

Does anyone have experience of tinkering with this model of tuner and
be able to give me some pointers as to how to go about repairing it
(or if necessary, getting it repaired). Alternatively, does anyone
know where I could get hold of a service manual for this tuner.

Having recently upgraded my amp, I am very keen to get the tuner
working again to really hear it perform!

Thanks for any help.

David
--
Dr David Lindgren

Gareth Magennis

First of all, are the 250mA fuses you are using slow-blow? Fast blow ones
may blow straight away with the initial inrush current and there may be
nothing wrong with the tuner.

Next, you should remove all the internal fuses, keeping a note of what value
goes where, and see if any of them are blown. If so, you have some
problem inside the unit. Could be anything.

Then with the internal fuses still removed, try another slow-blow fuse on
the mains input. If this blows now, you have a power supply problem.

Then go from there.

Gareth.