Stewart Pinkerton

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:52:05 GMT, "Ian Iveson"
wrote:

"Patrick Turner" wrote

Bright students will see for themselves the electrostatic
summation in a
triode is a NFB
network.

A bright student would not have allowed Stew to trap him into
accepting that nfb around Stew's bjt is allowable because of your
stupid persistence with your internal triode nfb theory. Talk about
reductio ad absurdum!

You didn't even have the sense to wonder if the bjt already has its
own mysterious internal feedback mumbo jumbo. That would have at
least maintained the appearance of honesty.

Now you have allowed him to squirm out of the whole project. Maybe
Stew is cleverer than we thought...

I have no intention of 'squirming' out of anything. OTOH, Patrick does
not dictate anything to me, and when I have a decent 'KISASS' design
assembled and tested, it will be a minimum parts count design, with
unconditional stability and hence suitable for a beginner to
construct, putting around 10 watts into a 4 ohm load, and it will use
any circuit configuration I damn well please. It will have zero global
feedback and an essentially single-ended Class A topology, but
otherwise, anything that proves to work well will be used.

The timescale will also be of *my* choosing, as I'm much too old and
ugly to rise to cheap taunts.

Stewart Pinkerton

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:52:06 GMT, "Ian Iveson"
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote

Incidentally, your view of the difference between a tetrode and a
triode is misleadingly simplistic. The screen does not merely
break
the "loop", but is an active element in its own right.

Once you do something with it, of course it is. Otherwise, merely a
screen preventing the gain reduction mechanism from occurring.
Save your pomposity for your unfortunate students.
--

Me? Pompous?

As in "pretentious - moi?" :-)

So now we have an imaginary screen defeating imaginary nfb in an
imaginary manner.

As if adding a screen to a triode isn't doing "something with it".

Semantics - the last refuge of the loser.................

If to avoid pomposity I should bring myself down to your level, I'd
rather stay pompous.

I knew you'd say that!
Judge Dredd

Cute trick to get that nfb round your bjt, though Patrick's
proper shot himself in the foot there.

His metatarsals are indeed so perforated that sitting in front of a
keyboard is his usual pose (pun intended).

BTW, I intend no 'cheating', simply using the active devices in their
optimum configuration, just as any designer would with the 6SN7/300B.

Jono

That's fine, Pinkie, but at least you could tell us what time you've
set the alarm for . . .