Stewart Pinkerton

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:31:28 +0200, Sander deWaal
wrote:

Stewart Pinkerton said:

That Audi of yours has ABS, EBD, ESP, CIA, KGB, CNN, RGB......
What more safety do you need? ;-)

These just let you *approach* the limits of the laws of physics, but I
canna change them, cap'n! In extremis, the A6 will always be an
understeery pig, and I do have a tendency to find myself in extremis
on a fairly regular basis - especially when I've just hopped out of
wifey's TT back into my barge.........

What you need is a BMW rear wheel drive, much more fun to play with.

I live in the country, with muddy roads at this time of year. Too many
3-series cluttering the ditches for my taste................

chris mcmillan

In message , tony sayer
writes
In article , Walt Davidson
writes
On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 10:12:31 +0000, tony sayer
wrote:

Well Dave I'm of the idea that as the human race progresses things
should improve, i.e. like we came down from the trees. Now AM once was
the doggies doo-dahs of radio, then FM was some considerable improvement
but had some limitations. DAB was devised by the same BBC as an
"improved" system over those that went before, and should have been
considered a progression over what was.

However, as you very well know it is far from better than FM with 192 K
dab only just matching FM in term's of sound quality, provided you don't
mind the "metallic" sound, and as to virtually everything else on DAB
its simply inferior in virtually every aspect.

It is not inferior in virtually every aspect.

Hard as it may be for you to grasp the fact, hi-fi quality is not, for
everyone, the be-all and end-all of radio reception.

Well it was sold as such originally remember the 800 odd squid Arcam
tuner)

Listening to one of that ilk as I type.

Sincerely Chris

--