Nigel

Default Digigram PCX7 problem

Hi!

I really need some help here. I was lucky to get a Digigram PCX7 (ISA) card
cheap from a closed radio station and have been trying desperately to get it
working on my IBM PC 300PL (6892-200) with Windows 98 SE installed.

I've installed the latest PCX drivers from Digigram (v7.38) and the card is
installed with IRQ=10 and I/O=700 and Win98 says no conflict exists.

When using the "play" or "playrec" tools supplied with the drivers i can
hear the sound going through the card nicely and no problems at all at this
point. As soon as i tell it to actually record, it only creates a 12K file
and seems to be freezing until i press the stop button. When i try to play a
file it plays about 1 sec. and freezes the same way.
I tried different formats and the lower format, the longer sound it can
play/record, but the file is still only 12K (11.520 bytes to be exact).
Could this be some kind of disk cache/buffer issue or is it a hardware
conflict somewhere that Win98 is not aware of?

Any PCX7 (Digigram) "guru's" in here who wants to try and help me out?

Regards,

Nigel

mr.voice mr.voice is offline
Junior Member

Angry

I have the same problem with my pcx5v2! Have you a answer of the problem?
Please write me!

richard, austria