Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Greg M Silverman

Default microphones

Am looking into buying microphones to record the following:

-- solo guitar (mostly nylon string)

-- guitar and recorder

-- guitar, winds, tuba and voice

-- 2-guitars, recorder and voice

and possiblly other ensemble mixes.

I've been told to get Oktava 012's by several people (small diaphragm,
with interchangeable capsule for different situations), but have also
been told that CAD 300s (or equivalent) would better suit my needs for
good sound.
I will be using a Powerbook with an mBox for the recording.

First, is this NG the best one for this type of question, and if not
could someone please direct me to a better one?

If so, what would people's recommendations? I would be willing to spend
up to $500 for a pair of decent mics.

TIA!

gms--

Pearl microphones - advantage of rectangles? White Swan Pro Audio 18 November 26th 03 05:03 PM
Mic Questions Twist Turner Pro Audio 22 November 25th 03 03:04 AM
V-Tech Microphones jtees4 Pro Audio 1 November 12th 03 11:32 AM
Microphones for Voice Recognition Matt Pro Audio 2 August 20th 03 08:33 PM
FS: AKG C-501E / C-502E Electret Condenser Microphones, 3 Extra Capsules Mark Glinsky Pro Audio 0 August 3rd 03 03:21 AM