HLE

Default HELP! Need to EQ PC audio (I'm ~deaf)

I'm trying to use Skype for internet calls, and with a high quality headset
it's *almost* possible but unfortunately, I have huge auditory losses. At
home I can run television audio to a graphic equalizer, then to a wireless
headset transmitter, then to the headset - works more or less okay. But at
work I use a notebook, and travel a lot, so my preference is to find a
software equalizer that can interrupt the audio stream, apply EQ, etc.

Is there such a thing?

Thanks, gurus!

Michael Black

"HLE" wrote in message ...
I'm trying to use Skype for internet calls, and with a high quality headset
it's *almost* possible but unfortunately, I have huge auditory losses. At
home I can run television audio to a graphic equalizer, then to a wireless
headset transmitter, then to the headset - works more or less okay. But at
work I use a notebook, and travel a lot, so my preference is to find a
software equalizer that can interrupt the audio stream, apply EQ, etc.

Is there such a thing?

Thanks, gurus!

Can't you get a hearing aid?

There's a lot better coupling between the transducer and your ear.
There should be some element of equalization. Depending on the hearing
aid, there may be AGC to help equalize the sound levels.

Michael

New Audio Service to MP3 players janebirk General 0 March 10th 04 08:00 AM
AUDIO FILE EDIT: HELP PLS! DL General 2 February 21st 04 11:05 PM
Audio Source vs. Cambridge Audio vs. NAD vs. Adcom Mark General 8 August 5th 03 07:39 PM
-Ultimate Audio Reviews Online- Steven R. Rochlin General 0 August 5th 03 05:21 PM
fix audio files [email protected] General 1 July 15th 03 05:44 PM