Mat

Default Genius required

Why does my car stereo cut off when I go above 1500 RPM ??
MZ

Why does my car stereo cut off when I go above 1500 RPM ??

Strange. Could be an overvoltage problem. The regulator on your alternator
might be failing, which would fail to knock down the voltage which increases
as the RPMs increase. Have your alternator checked out. I know that some
places (Autozone?) test it for free.

MOSFET

I agree with Mark, it definately sounds like an overvoltage problem as this
would be the ONLY thing that could be effected by RPM.

It should be very easy to identify the problem. Get your hands on a
multimeter and measure the voltage as you rev the engine. If it goes over
15 volts, then this is definately your problem.

MOSFET

"MZ" wrote in message
Why does my car stereo cut off when I go above 1500 RPM ??

Strange. Could be an overvoltage problem. The regulator on your

alternator
might be failing, which would fail to knock down the voltage which

increases
as the RPMs increase. Have your alternator checked out. I know that some
places (Autozone?) test it for free.

Tony F

"wow........experts...."

No.......geniuses.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP (Just gettin' started)

"Antispammer" wrote in message
wow........experts....

"MZ" wrote in message
Why does my car stereo cut off when I go above 1500 RPM ??

Strange. Could be an overvoltage problem. The regulator on your

alternator
might be failing, which would fail to knock down the voltage which

increases
as the RPMs increase. Have your alternator checked out. I know that

some
places (Autozone?) test it for free.

Dark1

or just savants?

"Tony F" wrote in message
"wow........experts...."

No.......geniuses.

Tony

--

"MZ" wrote in message
Why does my car stereo cut off when I go above 1500 RPM ??

Strange. Could be an overvoltage problem. The regulator on your
alternator
might be failing, which would fail to knock down the voltage which
increases
as the RPMs increase. Have your alternator checked out. I know that

some
places (Autozone?) test it for free.

MOSFET

"Dark1" wrote in message
or just savants?

"Tony F" wrote in message
"wow........experts...."

No.......geniuses.

Tony

No, I prefer geniues.

"Mr. Geniues, sir" to you all. Please make a note of it.

MOSFET
Mental Oxiclean Semiconcious Fieldgoal Effects Toasters