H.Wirkranovich

Default CD plays, but I can't extract audio

I'm trying to get some songs extracted from this cd I have (regular
cd, not cdr), but track number 16 (the last track) is refusing to be
extracted...
I can play the song with any software, winamp, Easy Cd Extractor,
AudioGrabber, but when I try to extract it, or copy it or whatever, it
seems as if the cd-writer is unable to read the disc when it reaches
about 40% of the song. Why does it read it fine when playing back, but
it is unable to extract??
U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On 24 Sep 2004 10:44:32 -0700, H.Wirkranovich wrote:
I'm trying to get some songs extracted from this cd I have (regular
cd, not cdr), but track number 16 (the last track) is refusing to be
extracted...
I can play the song with any software, winamp, Easy Cd Extractor,
AudioGrabber, but when I try to extract it, or copy it or whatever, it
seems as if the cd-writer is unable to read the disc when it reaches
about 40% of the song. Why does it read it fine when playing back, but
it is unable to extract??

Try Exact Audio Copy for your audio backup needs. It Just Works.

If that fails, try extracting on a Linux box. Sometimes the autorun
file mungs digital playback under Windows.

As a last resort, it's always possible to do an analog extraction via
the soundcard input. This usually causes less degradation than the
final MP3 compression, but YMMV.

Paul Stamler

"U-CDK_CHARLES\Charles" "Charles wrote in message

Try Exact Audio Copy for your audio backup needs. It Just Works.

If that fails, try extracting on a Linux box. Sometimes the autorun
file mungs digital playback under Windows.

As a last resort, it's always possible to do an analog extraction via
the soundcard input. This usually causes less degradation than the
final MP3 compression, but YMMV.

Or, if you have an external CD player with a S/PDIF output and a soundcard
with a S/PDIF input, try playing the bad track in the player.

Peace,
Paul