Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Dorman Paul Dorman is offline

Default I Built and Used My First Incandescent Bulb Current-Limiter

On 12/22/2020 8:31 AM, Don Pearce wrote:
On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 03:55:24 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Don Pearce, Lying, Bull****ting pommy idiot spewed:

Because the initial 1 second flash only happened with a
linear power supply guitar amp, and did not happen with
my switched-mode guitar amp. With the latter, the bulb
never glowed noticeably, even at turn-on.

You will find that the bulb has a rather finite lifetime.

** ROTFLMAO - how ****ing ABSURD !!

** Suspect Don has realised his stupid blunder here.
Bit will never admit to it.

a negative temperature coefficient
(NTC) thermistor. Any switched mode power supply is most likely to
already have one fitted, which is why your bulb seems to do nothing.

** Wot utter GARBAGE !!!!

Don the Nong has less that ZERO idea of what he is speaking about.

You are insulting a man who has designed switched mode power supplies,

** But clearly, not insulted him near enough to shut the idiot up.

and has included NTC thermistors for the purpose of limiting switch-on
inrush current.

** The geriatric fool has no clue at all.

Shame you didn't read your mate's article - which you claim to have
contributed to (an obvious lie). If you had you would have seen the
chapter about the use of NTC thermistors in limiting PSU inrush
current, and describing them as well-established. I presume according
to you he is also a geriatric fool with no clue.

Please take the meds, Phil.

Agreed, this Troll is a serious liar!