Hydebee

Default help on fisher tube receiver

recently i acquired a fisher 400 tube receiver in great condition , all
tubes light etc but no sound at all anyone give me advice on what to check
email me at

SSJVCmag

On 3/30/05 10:07 PM, in article , "Scott
Dorsey" wrote:

... They have a couple odd things here and there (like filaments being
used as cathode resistors)

???!
THATıS interesting...

Scott Dorsey

Dorsey" wrote:

... They have a couple odd things here and there (like filaments being
used as cathode resistors)

???!
THATıS interesting...

I'm not sure why Fisher did it. The same trick is also used on some
phantom-powered mikes using submini tubes, and I know it was done there
for efficiency.

Mark

Scott Dorsey wrote:
SSJVCmag wrote:
On 3/30/05 10:07 PM, in article ,

"Scott
Dorsey" wrote:

... They have a couple odd things here and there (like filaments

being
used as cathode resistors)

???!
THAT=B9S interesting...

I'm not sure why Fisher did it. The same trick is also used on some
phantom-powered mikes using submini tubes, and I know it was done

there
for efficiency.

I think because they wanted to run the filaments on DC to reduce hum
and it was not easy in those days before transistors and silicon
diodes to build a low volatge realtivly high current DC power supply
that is well filtered. It took big caps and or inductors.

Mark