Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rui Fingers Rui Fingers is offline

Default Help on Sony DMX R100 problem

Hi there!
Sorry disturbing your peace with this, but we're really in trouble with our Sony DMX R100.
Today, for the first time, I have this problem:
When I start it, instead of booting normaly, it shows this error:
"Unable to open system iniatialization file: input/output error."
Does anyone know what this mean?
I don´t know if it's a operating system error or anything else
I don't even know what OS are used by this desk. I think it's windows based, old windows, maybe 95 or 98, but i'm not sure.
Can someone help me with this?
I can acess the system bios.
I don't have any system disks or application setup since it was a second hand buying.
I just had downloaded some updates from "https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.com/sony-software.aspx", and that's all I have.
I don't know if our DMX have version 1 or 2. I know that if it's a version 1, it could not read ms-dos formatted floppy disks, but I think ours can.
I know this one here can read 1.44 floppys, and as far as I remember it have software version 1.xx, not version 2.23.
I'm using this desk from about 4 years to now and never had any trouble with her..
It's was working perfectly one day and on the other it starts with that message and that's it.....end of session...
Thanks in advance for any help.
Best regards!
Fisgix
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Rui Fingers wrote:
Hi there!
Sorry disturbing your peace with this, but we're really in trouble with our=
Sony DMX R100.
Today, for the first time, I have this problem:
When I start it, instead of booting normaly, it shows this error:
"Unable to open system iniatialization file: input/output error."
Does anyone know what this mean?
I don=B4t know if it's a operating system error or anything else
I don't even know what OS are used by this desk. I think it's windows based=
, old windows, maybe 95 or 98, but i'm not sure.

It is not Windows-based, it runs a realtime Unix-like system called QNX on the
host computer, but then the QNX boot process runs the DMX host application
which then downline-loads software into all the other processors on the
machine.

My suspicion is that your flash memory has become corrupted and you need to
reinstall the operating system and the software.

Are you seeing the normal QNX load where you get the black screen with all
the boot stuff going by, or does it not even get that far?

I don't have any system disks or application setup since it was a second ha=
nd buying.
I just had downloaded some updates from "https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.=
com/sony-software.aspx", and that's all I have.

Well, you're going to have to get them, and you might also have to get
a new set of flash. I'd try first just reinstalling off the install
floppies that should have come with the machine. You may have to buy a
new set from Sony. Sony's professional and broadcast people are actually
very good at support. Do not confuse them with the consumer products bozos.

I don't know if our DMX have version 1 or 2. I know that if it's a version=
1, it could not read ms-dos formatted floppy disks, but I think ours can.
I know this one here can read 1.44 floppys, and as far as I remember it hav=
e software version 1.xx, not version 2.23.

As I recall there are some issues with Version 2 being able to work with
mixes created in version 1. My suggestion is that if you are not worried
about preserving existing mixes that you install the latest release.

You NEED to know what version you are using because when you create a new
mix you need to label the floppy with the version of the software that was
used. If you don't do this, sooner or later it will come to bite you or
someone else.

I'm using this desk from about 4 years to now and never had any trouble wit=
h her..
It's was working perfectly one day and on the other it starts with that mes=
sage and that's it.....end of session...

That's how hard disks and flash memory can be. Keep backups of everything!

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tuesday, December 30, 2014 10:02:51 PM UTC, Rui Fingers wrote:
[...]

Hi Scott!!
Thanks a lot for your precious tips!!
I think you're right, I should have to reinstall the system software and the software. The boot sequence runs well until this message appears. I set the Bios to run the diagnostic at start up and all went fine through memory test and the processor ID (by the way,it's a cyrix) but then it show the damn message and that's it. I would try to contact the sony support for the system and software disks.
Thanks a lot for your concern!!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] dgiannikopoulos@gmail.com is offline

Hi Rui Fingers
I have the same problem with you. I should have to reinstall the system software and the software.I don't have disk 2.23 how can I have Application update please?

Kind Regards
Kostas
Posted to rec.audio.pro

terça-feira, 5 de Janeiro de 2016 às 22:26:48 UTC, escreveu:
Hi Rui Fingers
I have the same problem with you. I should have to reinstall the system software and the software.I don't have disk 2.23 how can I have Application update please?

Kind Regards
Kostase

Hi Kostas!
We´re trying to find that floppys aswell!!! I think I have that disk, but I'm not sure. I will check that. Do you have the system installer disks, the original that came with the desk? We´re really in need of a copy of that ones since we need to reinstall the system again. I think you´ll have to do the same procedure. Please let me know if you have that floppys. I will check for 2.23 disk.
Keep in touch!
All the best!
RF

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] dieunormasson@gmail.com is offline

Hi guys! May someone help me with the same issue. i'm now looking for the qnx software include the os 2.23 as well.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] par.pettson@gmail.com is offline

Hi there, I will bump this tv-team. I really needs the system disks for our console. I have found that the 3,5 floppy was bad so I have changed it, but I need a full reinstall of the soft ware most likely. Or if someone has a better idee, when I cant reach layer two and master layer. If I change to one of thoose, the mixer looks and I cant get back to layer one and have to restart.
Please send any good thoughts.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Erwan Mirabeau Erwan Mirabeau is offline

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...V9SY1AwYm1ZeU0

This is a link to a zip file containing system files for the dmx and serviving information.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] demoz8315@gmail.com is offline

Does anyone know how to rewrite the system mixer 1.0? Can you do without floppy?
I can not find SYS 1.0 on the Internet.
I have boot io problem
Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.pro