Posted to rec.audio.opinion
swezeyt swezeyt is offline

Default PC program to filter old recordings

I'm a Software Engineer and an avid collector of old records.

Some years ago I became interested in filtering these recordings
to remove noise and recover their original sound.

Like many I was surprised and disappointed at how limited
the availiable filtering software was to do this.

As a result I developed my own computer program.

My program is not a general purpose wave editor.

Instead I have concentrated specifically on the half dozen
or so major problems encountered when restoring old recordings.

While my program has many options you may adjust, I have grouped
them into different predefined "profiles".

You select the profile that best describes the type of recording
you want to filter and the program automatically sets most of
the appropriate defaults.

While you will still want to adjust some of them to get the
best results it gives you a good starting point.

Nobody can make a "silk purse out of a sow's ear" but I think
you will be able to make a "nice" purse using my program.

I have numerous short mpeg examples on my web site and
you can try a slightly crippled version of the program for free.

http://www.winternet.com/~swezeyt/dsp.htm

Please let me know what you think either in this newsgroup
or by e-mailing me at:

Your constructive criticism is always welcome.

Thanks,
--Tom Swezey