Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default FYI: British Army Chief calls for Iraq withdrawal

The presence of UK armed forces in Iraq "exacerbates the security
problems" and they should "get out some time soon", the head of the
British Army has said.

BBC political editor Nick Robinson described Sir Richard's remarks as
"quite extraordinary".

He said the new head of British army's comments "directly contradicted
so much of what the government had said".

He said: "I don't say that the difficulties we are experiencing round
the world are caused by our presence in Iraq but undoubtedly our
presence in Iraq exacerbates them."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6046332.stm

Army chief declares war on Blair: 'We must quit Iraq soon'

The head of the Army is calling for British troops to withdraw from Iraq

"soon" or risk catastophic consequences for both Iraq and British
society.

In a devastating broadside at Tony Blair's foreign policy, General Sir
Richard Dannatt stated explicitly that the continuing presence of
British troops "exacerbates the security problems" in Iraq.

He lambasts Tony Blair's desire to forge a "liberal democracy" in Iraq
as a "naive" failure and he warns that "whatever consent we may have had

in the first place" from the Iraqi people "has largely turned to
intolerance."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...&icc=NEWS&ct=5

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Mr Fox Mr Fox is offline

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:03:02 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

The presence of UK armed forces in Iraq "exacerbates the security
problems" and they should "get out some time soon", the head of the
British Army has said.

BBC political editor Nick Robinson described Sir Richard's remarks as
"quite extraordinary".

Robinson is astounded that someone in authority is speaking the truth
in public for a change.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bertie the Bunyip Bertie the Bunyip is offline

Eeyore wrote in
:

[...]

Surprise surprise.

Won't stop you ****s from invading the next handy place you see an
opportunity for !

Fjukkwit

Bertie
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

wrote:

The presence of UK armed forces in Iraq "exacerbates the security
problems" and they should "get out some time soon", the head of the
British Army has said.

BBC political editor Nick Robinson described Sir Richard's remarks as
"quite extraordinary".

Robinson is astounded that someone in authority is speaking the truth
in public for a change.

The astonishmnent is perhaps more about the total failure of the
'political process'.

I'm seeing a future where party politics is seen as an irrelevant
distraction from effective government.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

The presence of UK armed forces in Iraq "exacerbates the security
problems" and they should "get out some time soon", the head of the
British Army has said.

BBC political editor Nick Robinson described Sir Richard's remarks

as
"quite extraordinary".

Robinson is astounded that someone in authority is speaking the truth
in public for a change.

The astonishmnent is perhaps more about the total failure of the
'political process'.

I'm seeing a future where party politics is seen as an irrelevant
distraction from effective government.

Ah, you want to vote for Djirkie then. he wants to take you to the next
logical level...

Fjukkwit

Of course it failed..

You're brits..