Sander deWaal

Default Nachbaur Park in Nelson, Canada?

Uncle Ned had a nifty idea: Let the city council of Nelson, Canada
know that there was a famous and loved fellow citizen on Usenet, and
maybe get them to name a park, street or square after him.
How can we organize something like this?
Should someone put up a website, or should we collectively send e-mail
to them?

Any thoughts?

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."
Gregg

Perhaps we should begin by sending individual emails and if that doesn't
get their attention, an online petition?

Just a thought.

--
Gregg t3h g33k
"Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"
Ned Carlson

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 00:08:51 +0200, Sander deWaal wrote:

Uncle Ned had a nifty idea: Let the city council of Nelson, Canada know
that there was a famous and loved fellow citizen on Usenet, and maybe get
them to name a park, street or square after him. How can we organize
something like this? Should someone put up a website, or should we
collectively send e-mail to them?

Golly, this surprises me..I once tried to start a campaign to
get the Post Office in New Zealand to issue a stamp honoring
radio pioneer E.H. Scott (besides being a Kiwi, he was
a great Chicagoan as well), and came up flat. (I'm still a
bit sore about that, there's only 3 million people in New
Zealand, how many could deserve a stamp more than E H Scott?)
Here I toss out a suggestion that I thought no one would take
seriously and, whaddaya know?

I'd suggest someone contact whoever Mr. Nachbaur's
local alderman (or as they call 'em in Canada,
City Councilors), usually when legislators of any type
propose resolutions honoring people, the other legislators
follow along and vote for it as a matter of courtesy.
That makes more sense than pounding City Hall bureaucrats
with emails.

You might find, Nelson not being a very big place, there's
likely other folks in Nelson who liked Fred, too, and
they'd carry more weight with the local honchos than
we do, being registered voters.

--
Ned Carlson Triode Electronics Chicago,IL USA
www.triodeelectronics.com

Mike Gilmour

What about someone writing an article for the local Nelson newspaper/s?
Fred would have been equally loved locally but the inhabitants of Nelson
could be unaware of the world-wide impact Fred had on so many many lives. It
may just start the ball rolling.....

Mike

Sander deWaal

"Ned Carlson" said:

I'd suggest someone contact whoever Mr. Nachbaur's
local alderman (or as they call 'em in Canada,
City Councilors), usually when legislators of any type
propose resolutions honoring people, the other legislators
follow along and vote for it as a matter of courtesy.
That makes more sense than pounding City Hall bureaucrats
with emails.

Any Canadians here who would like to try?

You might find, Nelson not being a very big place, there's
likely other folks in Nelson who liked Fred, too, and
they'd carry more weight with the local honchos than
we do, being registered voters.

I'm sure he was well known locally, being the man he was.
We can always refer to RATubes about his online popularity :-)

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."

JamesG

I know that I am at least going to name my current big project "Fredzilla"
JamesG

"Mike Gilmour" wrote in message
What about someone writing an article for the local Nelson newspaper/s?
Fred would have been equally loved locally but the inhabitants of Nelson
could be unaware of the world-wide impact Fred had on so many many lives.
It may just start the ball rolling.....

Mike

WTB: Subwoofer in Toronto (Canada) area Engineer Pro Audio 2 December 30th 04 04:47 AM
WTB: Subwoofer in Toronto (Canada) area Engineer Tech 0 December 28th 04 05:40 PM
Moving to Canada? WillStG Pro Audio 128 November 17th 04 02:37 PM
ENERGY of Canada PRO-22 SPEAKERS, $269 pr. Ken Drescher Marketplace 0 August 16th 03 12:14 AM