Youtrippin

Default *Help* Amp trouble

My amp has been having some serious issues lately. The sub would
suddenly cut out and the light on my amp would start flashing purple
which means when the unit has failed and direct current voltage is
generated to the speakers output. If I shut the amp off and back on it
would work again. After a couple weeks of this game the sub quit
working altogether. It's a 5 channel Kenwood Excelon, the 4 speakers
still work fine running off the amp but no sound comes out of the sub
anymore. If anyone had any idea how to fix this problem please let me
know. I have tried to contact Kenwood on many occassions but they only
go through email and I never get a human response

--
Youtrippin
Youtrippin's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=32183

Dark1

"Youtrippin" wrote in message
news:1103415495.e708093cbcca2c8bd5e28702f32ae724@t eranews...

My amp has been having some serious issues lately. The sub would
suddenly cut out and the light on my amp would start flashing purple
which means when the unit has failed and direct current voltage is
generated to the speakers output. If I shut the amp off and back on it
would work again. After a couple weeks of this game the sub quit
working altogether. It's a 5 channel Kenwood Excelon, the 4 speakers
still work fine running off the amp but no sound comes out of the sub
anymore. If anyone had any idea how to fix this problem please let me
know. I have tried to contact Kenwood on many occassions but they only
go through email and I never get a human response

First thing,disconnect the sub wires and use a DMM to measure the resistance
across the wires going to your sub.. it won't match the rated impedance
exactly, but it should be close (within 1 ohm or so).. if it isn't a 0.x ohm
short, move on to measuring between each sub wire and ground, obviously the
resistance should be infinite here, any reading means wiring is touching the
body..
It really doesn't sound like a "fried amp"in the traditional meaning,
because usually shorted output transistors will destroy the power supply and
blow the fuses.. your amp wouldn't work at all.. if the problem truly is in
the amp I doubt it's major..

Pioneer DEH-3600 wiring trouble: Unit resets everytime I remove the key Hippolyte Car Audio 2 May 25th 04 06:47 AM
Subwoofer Trouble - Yamaha HTR-5450 Receiver Joe Pro Audio 9 December 16th 03 04:11 AM
Crown R-to-R trouble George Arndt Pro Audio 8 October 28th 03 04:03 PM
trouble with power PoNDeR Car Audio 1 October 23rd 03 03:39 PM
turntable volume trouble, help needed. Doug Tech 3 September 21st 03 03:58 AM