Eagle Academy

Default Sing-a-Long recording business

We have been requested on several occasions to provide a sing-a-Long or
karaoke recording service for tourist that frequent our area so that they
could take back with them as a memory of the visit . We are gaining
marketing information that shows this could become a reasonably good
spin-off to other services we provide. Is there anyone that could stir us in
a directions that could get us more detailed information on this type of
business. We are looking for general pricing structures, Sing -a-Long track
specific equipment, ect...

Mike Rivers

In article 40770329@heresy writes:

We have been requested on several occasions to provide a sing-a-Long or
karaoke recording service for tourist that frequent our area so that they
could take back with them as a memory of the visit . We are gaining
marketing information that shows this could become a reasonably good
spin-off to other services we provide.

The biggest problem with a service like this is that there are so many
songs in the world that you might not have the song that the customer
wants to sing. People who do karaoke shows in clubs have thousands of
dollars invested in music-minus-vocal recordings that are made
specifically for the purpose (licenses legit and paid for) so that's
where you need to start. There are catalogs of this material, mostly
on CD, but I'll bet you can find it in other formats.

If I was setting up a "recording booth" today, I'd probably have the
library on a hard drive. When the customer picks out a song they want
to record, import it into a DAW, open a track for recording, and turn
on the red light. You can Auto Tune it, edit together a couple of
passes, and process the vocal to your heart's desire.

An alternate (probably better for an inexperienced operator) is to use
one of the preset hardware karaoke processors. They compress the ****
out of the vocal, retune it, and apply some "smiley" EQ. It usually
comes out sounding pretty good - hokey but good.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )
Eagle Academy

Thanks Mike, we will use locally produced music that covers the general of
most of the songs that they will want to use. WE will only provide songs
that depict the musical heritage of our local region. so the play list is
pretty narrow.
We are looking for someone or leads to someone that has successful run a
business such as this that could give us information on pricing, do and
don'ts equipment etc... We are also going to provide the customer with a
video on DVD of them performing the songs.