chris

Default (2) 12in mtx subs blowing fuses

I have a alpine V12 500 watt amp trying to push two thunder6000 12's.
I briged it get more power and when i turn up the volume it sound good
for a couple of minutes then it blows a fuse. First time it blew a
fuse it was on the amp, and the second time it was the fuse next to
the battery. I had the amp installed for a while with (2) 10in kicker
comp vr. The only thing i change was the subs. My cousin told me that
i needed thicker powerwire and ground wire. I currently have 8 awg
wire. If anyone thinks it could be something else please post any
info.
Anb

Hi,

Depending on how you wired your subs, it is possible that the total
impedance on the amplifier is lower than what it is supposed to be.
Can you provide the part number for the subs and the wiring
configuration. If you have two DVC 4Ohms and everything is wired in
parallel, you have a 1 Ohm impedance at the amplifier connectors,
which is lower than the 2 Ohms that the V12 is expecting.

Andre.

(chris) wrote in message . com...
I have a alpine V12 500 watt amp trying to push two thunder6000 12's.
I briged it get more power and when i turn up the volume it sound good
for a couple of minutes then it blows a fuse. First time it blew a
fuse it was on the amp, and the second time it was the fuse next to
the battery. I had the amp installed for a while with (2) 10in kicker
comp vr. The only thing i change was the subs. My cousin told me that
i needed thicker powerwire and ground wire. I currently have 8 awg
wire. If anyone thinks it could be something else please post any
info.

MZ

Yes, this is likely the problem. It's highly doubtful that the wire guage
is the culprit. To my knowledge, that amplifier doesn't draw any more
current at lower supply voltages.

--
Mark
remove "remove" and "spam" to reply

"Anb" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Depending on how you wired your subs, it is possible that the total
impedance on the amplifier is lower than what it is supposed to be.
Can you provide the part number for the subs and the wiring
configuration. If you have two DVC 4Ohms and everything is wired in
parallel, you have a 1 Ohm impedance at the amplifier connectors,
which is lower than the 2 Ohms that the V12 is expecting.

Andre.

(chris) wrote in message

. com...
I have a alpine V12 500 watt amp trying to push two thunder6000 12's.
I briged it get more power and when i turn up the volume it sound good
for a couple of minutes then it blows a fuse. First time it blew a
fuse it was on the amp, and the second time it was the fuse next to
the battery. I had the amp installed for a while with (2) 10in kicker
comp vr. The only thing i change was the subs. My cousin told me that
i needed thicker powerwire and ground wire. I currently have 8 awg
wire. If anyone thinks it could be something else please post any
info.

chris

"Anb" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Depending on how you wired your subs, it is possible that the total
impedance on the amplifier is lower than what it is supposed to be.
Can you provide the part number for the subs and the wiring
configuration. If you have two DVC 4Ohms and everything is wired in
parallel, you have a 1 Ohm impedance at the amplifier connectors,
which is lower than the 2 Ohms that the V12 is expecting.

Andre.

The amp has this on it MRV-T500 and i look up the on the internet and
it looks like the subs are two svc 4 ohms(the subs only have
thunder6000 on them no other info, but i went to the mtx website and
got this number i think they are T6124A). I have the amp briged and
both positive line going to the positive on the amp the both negatives
going to the negative on the amp.
Daniel Snooks

That amp isn't designed to run at 2 ohm, which is what you are doing the way
you have wired it. I wonder why that would blow fuses though, shouldn't the
amp just go into shut-down protection?

"chris" wrote in message
om...
"Anb" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Depending on how you wired your subs, it is possible that the total
impedance on the amplifier is lower than what it is supposed to be.
Can you provide the part number for the subs and the wiring
configuration. If you have two DVC 4Ohms and everything is wired in
parallel, you have a 1 Ohm impedance at the amplifier connectors,
which is lower than the 2 Ohms that the V12 is expecting.

Andre.

The amp has this on it MRV-T500 and i look up the on the internet and
it looks like the subs are two svc 4 ohms(the subs only have
thunder6000 on them no other info, but i went to the mtx website and
got this number i think they are T6124A). I have the amp briged and
both positive line going to the positive on the amp the both negatives
going to the negative on the amp.

Why arent my friends subs very loud??? [email protected] Car Audio 4 March 10th 04 03:49 AM
just bought some subs...questions/concerns.... [email protected] Car Audio 6 March 4th 04 01:42 AM
Help! Blowing Fuses Justin Car Audio 5 August 23rd 03 04:38 PM
Alpine deck blew my subs! Indiglow Car Audio 9 August 16th 03 01:46 AM
Best 8" subs? Sam Carleton Car Audio 7 August 15th 03 04:25 AM