Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

Default OT Possible Democrat Platform

Date: Sun, Feb 12 2006 5:48 pm
Email:

Hopefully they'll figure out that thte Libertarians want lower taxes and
private schools, where you can have whatever curriculum you are willing to
pay for

I'd join the KKK first, since they at least admit what they are, unlike
the libertarians.

Failing that they will likely figure that the I.D. question will be sorted
out by the courts and they can still have the lower taxes.

I wonder how long the new makeup of the Supreme Court will take in
allowing ID to be taught in public schools.

What are we going to do the next time there is an economic slowdown?
The time after that?

Temporarily stimulating the economy by lowering revenue and borrowing
more is fine. I think the long-term reduction in revenue with the
resultant increase in borrowing that will make the debt impossible to
ever pay off is irresponsible at best.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

oups.com...
Date: Sun, Feb 12 2006 5:48 pm
Email:

Hopefully they'll figure out that thte Libertarians want lower taxes and
private schools, where you can have whatever curriculum you are willing to
pay for

I'd join the KKK first, since they at least admit what they are, unlike
the libertarians.

Failing that they will likely figure that the I.D. question will be sorted
out by the courts and they can still have the lower taxes.

I wonder how long the new makeup of the Supreme Court will take in
allowing ID to be taught in public schools.

I wonder why the SCOTUS is deciding what to teach in our schools
rather than local school boards... and what has federal involvement
in public education really done for it?

What are we going to do the next time there is an economic slowdown?
The time after that?

Temporarily stimulating the economy by lowering revenue and borrowing
more is fine. I think the long-term reduction in revenue with the
resultant increase in borrowing that will make the debt impossible to
ever pay off is irresponsible at best.

So which perfect candidate of yours ever stopped stealing the
SS trust fund?

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Time for some remedial civics yapping.

I wonder how long the new makeup of the Supreme Court will take in
allowing ID to be taught in public schools.

I wonder why the SCOTUS is deciding what to teach in our schools
rather than local school boards...

Why did the court pick our President in 2000? I'll bet you didn't see that
one coming either.

and what has federal involvement
in public education really done for it?

In your case, no difference.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

I wonder how long the new makeup of the Supreme Court will take in
allowing ID to be taught in public schools.

I wonder why the SCOTUS is deciding what to teach in our schools
rather than local school boards... and what has federal involvement
in public education really done for it?

Um, because the job of the SCOTUS is to interpret the Constitution?
That's a bit higher-level than local school boards. Since it appears
that you don't know about it, they also perform the same function for
laws passed by Congress and the states.

So which perfect candidate of yours ever stopped stealing the
SS trust fund?

Mr. Straw Man, there is no perfect candidate. That is not what I said
or implied. Your devotion to dogma blinds you to reality.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Time for some remedial civics yapping.

I wonder how long the new makeup of the Supreme Court will take in
allowing ID to be taught in public schools.

I wonder why the SCOTUS is deciding what to teach in our schools
rather than local school boards...

Why did the court pick our President in 2000? I'll bet you didn't see that
one coming either.

You mean you wouldn't have preferred a Florida court pick the pres?

and what has federal involvement
in public education really done for it?

In your case, no difference.

I'll bet you went to a catholic school and was tutored by a priest.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote in message
oups.com...
I wonder how long the new makeup of the Supreme Court will take in
allowing ID to be taught in public schools.

I wonder why the SCOTUS is deciding what to teach in our schools
rather than local school boards... and what has federal involvement
in public education really done for it?

Um, because the job of the SCOTUS is to interpret the Constitution?
That's a bit higher-level than local school boards. Since it appears
that you don't know about it, they also perform the same function for
laws passed by Congress and the states.

Oh well **** it then... why do we need school boards, or city councils or
even state government when we have the SCOTUS?

So which perfect candidate of yours ever stopped stealing the
SS trust fund?

Mr. Straw Man, there is no perfect candidate. That is not what I said
or implied. Your devotion to dogma blinds you to reality.

You implied because we have to choose we have to support positions
we don't support.... talk about dogma....

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: ScottW
Date: Sun, Feb 12 2006 9:01 pm
Email: "ScottW"

Mr. Straw Man, there is no perfect candidate. That is not what I said
or implied. Your devotion to dogma blinds you to reality.

You implied because we have to choose we have to support positions
we don't support.... talk about dogma....

No, what I said was that if you support (republicans or Democrats)
because of a single issue (lower taxes, for example), you get the whole
package whther you like it or not. You end up supporting religious
issues, military issues, civil liberties issues, and so on. A vote for
bushie is a vote in support of the candidate and his positions. That is
so true as to be axiomatic: If you support the republicans then you
support the republicans. If you support a candidate, then you support a
candidate.

Say, for example, that you send a contribution to the RNC. That money
could end up helping an ID state legislative candidate, or funding a
pro-Alito advertising campaign, whether you personally agree with those
positions or not. So you end up *supporting* positions that you may not
personally *agree* with.

That's not dogma. That's reality. And that's why single interest groups
and single issue voters are, IMO, very destructive overall.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

From: ScottW
Date: Sun, Feb 12 2006 9:01 pm
Email: "ScottW"

Mr. Straw Man, there is no perfect candidate. That is not what I said
or implied. Your devotion to dogma blinds you to reality.

You implied because we have to choose we have to support positions
we don't support.... talk about dogma....

No, what I said was that if you support (republicans or Democrats)
because of a single issue (lower taxes, for example), you get the whole
package whther you like it or not. You end up supporting religious
issues, military issues, civil liberties issues, and so on. A vote for
bushie is a vote in support of the candidate and his positions. That is
so true as to be axiomatic: If you support the republicans then you
support the republicans. If you support a candidate, then you support a
candidate.

Its always the lesser of evils... hey since Al invented the internet
maybe we can do away with a representative republic and become a pure
democracy .

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: ScottW
Date: Sun, Feb 12 2006 10:15 pm
Email: "ScottW"

Its always the lesser of evils... hey since Al invented the internet
maybe we can do away with a representative republic and become a pure
democracy .

Interestingly, many of the original framers of the Constitution were
very wary of 'true' democracy. The President was not elected, but
appointed.

I'm actually not sure how I'd stand on that one. As a representative
republic, we've done pretty well for 230 years. I think there are areas
that need reform (campaigns, as you brought up, are an example). I do
think that Constitutional issues need to be determined by the Supreme
Court and that amendments need the ratification process.

My gut tells me that after an initial rush, people would get bored with
voting on absolutely everything (do you vote in all elections? Every
school board, referendum, park commissioner, etc.?). Then it would be
which group could get the most people to vote. We wouldn't gain
anything, and we'd lose the time now spent on debate. Special interests
would be even more rampant. So I'd say that initially I'd be opposed to
a 'true' democracy.

One thing I hope for is another valid party or two. I think that the
extremes of the right and left are not what the country wants or needs.
(I do think that the extreme left is much less damaging than the
extreme right overall, though.) Another party or two would mean having
to form coalitions, which would perhaps bring things more to the
center.

If you look at a bell curve, I'd be willing to bet that most Americans
fall in the center. The two parties seem to be a couple of standard
deviations to the right or left.

I'd think that there are some possibilites with Internet voting,
though. You could vote online, print off a unique ticket, and drop it
off at a polling place, which could then verify and tally it. It would
be like a double-entry accounting system. Immediate results with a
paper trail and confirmation a few days later. No lines (except at
libraries or other polling places for people with no Internet access).

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

From: ScottW
Date: Sun, Feb 12 2006 10:15 pm
Email: "ScottW"

[...]

I wasn't really serious... I agree...only activist would likely vote
while the majority would probably not educate themselves enough
to make an intelligent decision.

I do use the 'net a lot to spout my opinion to my reps..I've read they
actually use that on swing issues... I've received enough replies that
were sufficiently detailed to know somebody read my message.
It wasn't just a canned respone. Feinstein's staff is actually pretty
good about that and I bitch at her a lot.

One thing I hope for is another valid party or two. I think that the
extremes of the right and left are not what the country wants or needs.
(I do think that the extreme left is much less damaging than the
extreme right overall, though.) Another party or two would mean having
to form coalitions, which would perhaps bring things more to the
center.

If you look at a bell curve, I'd be willing to bet that most Americans
fall in the center. The two parties seem to be a couple of standard
deviations to the right or left.

I think they cater to an activist base in primaries and then make a mad
dash to the center to win the elections.

I'd think that there are some possibilites with Internet voting,
though. You could vote online, print off a unique ticket, and drop it
off at a polling place, which could then verify and tally it. It would
be like a double-entry accounting system. Immediate results with a
paper trail and confirmation a few days later. No lines (except at
libraries or other polling places for people with no Internet access).

Even in major turnout elections I haven't had to wait more than 10
minutes to vote..ever. Still...I see no reason why we can't vote
on line... if they'll take my tax return on line they should take my ballot.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: ScottW
Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 12:21 am
Email: "ScottW"

I do use the 'net a lot to spout my opinion to my reps..I've read they
actually use that on swing issues... I've received enough replies that
were sufficiently detailed to know somebody read my message.
It wasn't just a canned respone. Feinstein's staff is actually pretty
good about that and I bitch at her a lot.

I let my rep and Senators know that I was against drilling in the ANWR.
As it turned out, none of them went for it. My rep wrote back and said
he was opposed to it too.

I think we need to get the national vehicle fleet average much higher
and emphasize alternative fuels. I do not believe that science will
suddenly pull some magic rabbit out of the hat. 'Hey! We just invented
a portable power source that nobody thought of!" So we need to
conserve. Brazil is a major ethanol producer and has just placed a
national focus on converting their fleet to ethanol. There's no reason
we couldn't do that.

I think we could do some other things, perhaps like tax credits for
shipping via rail. I was a rep in consumer electronics for a few years.
Stereo stores would order and the order would come in via truck from LA
or NY. It would seem with barcoding and so on that we could ship most
things via rail which is far more fuel efficient with no delay.

The problem is that each railway has their own little kingdoms. They
charge a ton to switch lines.

Even in major turnout elections I haven't had to wait more than 10
minutes to vote..ever.

I haven't either. I mentioned that because it seemed to be an issue in
parts of Ohio and some other places during the last election.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:59:03 -0800, "ScottW"
wrote:

In your case, no difference.

I'll bet you went to a catholic school and was tutored by a priest.

I'm sure that even THEY got Federal money.

BTW, did you get your education off of the back of a matchbook or
somethin'? If so, you should demand your money back.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

I'll bet you went to a catholic school and was tutored by a priest.

I'll bet he was at least taught some grammar...
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

dave weil said:

I'll bet you went to a catholic school and was tutored by a priest.

I'll bet he was at least taught some grammar...

Scottie will tell you that good grammar doesn't pay enough taxes.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

ups.com...
Date: Sat, Feb 11 2006 1:22 pm
Email:

nob, you are simply underwhelmed. Don't worry, the uneducated
republicans still want you.

Are you saying a Liberal distorted the truth? Again?
I'm, I'm, positively, underwhelmed.

Not at all:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...nguage=printer

The more interesting data is income. The Dems represent the 'average'
American, the republicans the upper 1%.

Being that there are a lot more more 'average Americans' than
those in the 'upper 1%', you would think the
Dems would win a lot more elections.

I think we'll see an even bigger swing here as people start figuring
out that lower taxes= intelligent design with those bozos.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Why did the court pick our President in 2000? I'll bet you didn't see that
one coming either.

They didn't. they picked the method by which the vote was recounted in
Florida.
Don;t forget, when the newspapers recounted it Gore's way,
he still lost.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"ScottW" wrote in message

Still...I see no reason why we can't vote
on line... if they'll take my tax return on line they should take my
ballot.

"At least" three times.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Date: Sun, Feb 12 2006 5:48 pm
Email:

Hopefully they'll figure out that thte Libertarians want lower taxes and
private schools, where you can have whatever curriculum you are willing to
pay for

I'd join the KKK first, since they at least admit what they are, unlike
the libertarians.

And what exactly are the Libertarians in your view?

Failing that they will likely figure that the I.D. question will be sorted
out by the courts and they can still have the lower taxes.

I wonder how long the new makeup of the Supreme Court will take in
allowing ID to be taught in public schools.

What are we going to do the next time there is an economic slowdown?
The time after that?

If we had a proper economic system, there would be veryt little problem with
economic slowdowns.

Temporarily stimulating the economy by lowering revenue and borrowing
more is fine. I think the long-term reduction in revenue with the
resultant increase in borrowing that will make the debt impossible to
ever pay off is irresponsible at best.

And who exactly started that? The current debt is not anywhere near being
impoossible to pay off. Note that until the GOP made it an issue that the
public finally understood, did the Dems ever give a damn about deficit
spending.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Time for some remedial civics yapping.

I wonder how long the new makeup of the Supreme Court will take in
allowing ID to be taught in public schools.

I wonder why the SCOTUS is deciding what to teach in our schools
rather than local school boards...

Why did the court pick our President in 2000? I'll bet you didn't see that
one coming either.

They didn't, the voters did, the Dems just didn't like losing in such a
close race. You need to check the facts, Bush won every single ballot count
done by anybody.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe 109

In article ,
"Clyde Slick" wrote:

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Why did the court pick our President in 2000? I'll bet you didn't see that
one coming either.

They didn't. they picked the method by which the vote was recounted in
Florida.
Don;t forget, when the newspapers recounted it Gore's way,
he still lost.

When all ballots statewide were reviewed, he "won."

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"MINe 109" wrote in message
"Clyde Slick" wrote:

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net
wrote
in message ...

Why did the court pick our President in 2000? I'll bet you didn't see
that
one coming either.

They didn't. they picked the method by which the vote was recounted in
Florida.
Don;t forget, when the newspapers recounted it Gore's way,
he still lost.

When all ballots statewide were reviewed, he "won."

In only one out of three counts, by different newspapers.
The only mix and match scenario out of many that he actually
had a victory
Statewide, that's not what he asked for.
Actually, that was the methodology BUSH asked for.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

hlink.net...

wrote in message ...

Time for some remedial civics yapping.

I wonder how long the new makeup of the Supreme Court will take in
allowing ID to be taught in public schools.

I wonder why the SCOTUS is deciding what to teach in our schools
rather than local school boards...

Why did the court pick our President in 2000? I'll bet you didn't see
that
one coming either.

They didn't, the voters did, the Dems just didn't like losing in such a
close race. You need to check the facts, Bush won every single ballot
count done by anybody.

Of all the different organizations doing it, and each doing it an a variety
of mux and match styles, there was only one scenario out of
many that favored Gore.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe 109

In article ,
"Clyde Slick" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message
"Clyde Slick" wrote:

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net
wrote
in message ...

Why did the court pick our President in 2000? I'll bet you didn't see
that
one coming either.

They didn't. they picked the method by which the vote was recounted in
Florida.
Don;t forget, when the newspapers recounted it Gore's way,
he still lost.

When all ballots statewide were reviewed, he "won."

In only one out of three counts, by different newspapers.
The only mix and match scenario out of many that he actually
had a victory

The NY Times counted three different "wins" for Gore.

Statewide, that's not what he asked for.
Actually, that was the methodology BUSH asked for.

Whatever. Didn't happen.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 9:52 am
Email: "Clyde Slick"

The more interesting data is income. The Dems represent the 'average'
American, the republicans the upper 1%.

Being that there are a lot more more 'average Americans' than
those in the 'upper 1%', you would think the
Dems would win a lot more elections.

Are you always one-dimensional? Do you suppose that people only vote
along economic lines? If so, how do you explain that the recent growth
in the republican party is in poor, undereducated, very religious
regions?

Do you find it at all alarming that the President of the United States
has limited funding for stem cell research, and further, believes that
Intelligent Design should be taught alongside Evolution in public
school science classrooms?

Do you believe that ID is as scientifically valid as Evolution?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 11:08 am
Email:

I'd join the KKK first, since they at least admit what they are, unlike
the libertarians.

And what exactly are the Libertarians in your view?

From what you've said, they are a group of people that think the market

will right wrongs such as rascism. Private property rights supercede
all others. A la carte menus of government services. No recognition
that there are social problems that need solving, or at least legal
protection.

Temporarily stimulating the economy by lowering revenue and borrowing
more is fine. I think the long-term reduction in revenue with the
resultant increase in borrowing that will make the debt impossible to
ever pay off is irresponsible at best.

And who exactly started that? The current debt is not anywhere near being
impoossible to pay off. Note that until the GOP made it an issue that the
public finally understood, did the Dems ever give a damn about deficit
spending.

Hm. My understanding is that the two presidencies with the largest
deficit spending are Reagan and bushie II.

My understanding is that Clinton took large deficits and had surpluses
the last four years of his term.

Maybe the republicans made it an issue, but then again, they've
*really* made it an issue.

Are you going to claim that this party, with its track record of
ever-increasing debt, are those best qualified to solve it? LOL!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 9:52 am
Email: "Clyde Slick"

The more interesting data is income. The Dems represent the 'average'
American, the republicans the upper 1%.

Being that there are a lot more more 'average Americans' than
those in the 'upper 1%', you would think the
Dems would win a lot more elections.

Are you always one-dimensional?

No

Do you suppose that people only vote
along economic lines?

No,and that is even WORSE news for the Dems. You are saying they
represent their econmic interests
and 'still' can't get there voted.

If so, how do you explain that the recent growth
in the republican party is in poor, undereducated, very religious
regions?

They finally realized the Dems are ripping them off, and
otherwise don't represent them.

Do you find it at all alarming that the President of the United States
has limited funding for stem cell research,

I find it disconcerting. Though it is not number one on
my list of priorities

and further, believes that
Intelligent Design should be taught alongside Evolution in public
school science classrooms?

Intellignet design is an abomination against reality.
However, it is also an abomination against
Fundamental Christianity. I don't know why
they want to get such a diluted religious message
into public schools. Its certainly against a purist
interpretation of the Old Testament.

Do you believe that ID is as scientifically valid as Evolution?

It is neither scientifically, nor religiously valid.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 8:14 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

Are you always one-dimensional?

No

Do you suppose that people only vote along economic lines?

No,and that is even WORSE news for the Dems. You are saying they
represent their econmic interests and 'still' can't get there voted.

I thought you said you weren't always one-dimensional. LOL!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 8:14 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

Are you always one-dimensional?

No

Do you suppose that people only vote along economic lines?

No,and that is even WORSE news for the Dems. You are saying they
represent their econmic interests and 'still' can't get there voted.

I thought you said you weren't always one-dimensional. LOL!

Go get some votes. You have plenty of time to lay the groundwork,
for Hillary, John Warner, or whoever.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 10:20 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

Go get some votes. You have plenty of time to lay the groundwork,
for Hillary, John Warner, or whoever.

Sounds to me like someone who realizes the wheels are coming off their
party's wagon.

I'll enjoy the next few months while bushie and crew continue to try to
start sounding like Democrats. Otherwise they'll lose big in November.

Go Brownback! Go Frist! LOL!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 10:20 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

Go get some votes. You have plenty of time to lay the groundwork,
for Hillary, John Warner, or whoever.

Sounds to me like someone who realizes the wheels are coming off their
party's wagon.

I'll enjoy the next few months while bushie and crew continue to try to
start sounding like Democrats. Otherwise they'll lose big in November.

Go Brownback! Go Frist! LOL!

They have as much charisma as Elizabeth Dole, who didn't get very far in
the primaries. But, maybe, if you pray hard enough, they will be your
opponents

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 11:37 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

Go Brownback! Go Frist! LOL!

They have as much charisma as Elizabeth Dole, who didn't get very far in
the primaries. But, maybe, if you pray hard enough, they will be your
opponents

So who, in your opinion, has the 'charisma' to get through the
primaries?

I'll leave the praying to Frist and Brownback. And I'll wait to see
whom God annoints as our next republican presidential candidate. Pat
Robertson, maybe? He's a republican...

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

From: Clyde Slick
Date: Mon, Feb 13 2006 11:37 pm
Email: "Clyde Slick"

Go Brownback! Go Frist! LOL!

They have as much charisma as Elizabeth Dole, who didn't get very far in
the primaries. But, maybe, if you pray hard enough, they will be your
opponents

So who, in your opinion, has the 'charisma' to get through the
primaries?

Unfortunately for them (and me) the best charisma candidates are more or
less prochoice. Of what's left, there is George Allen.

I'll leave the praying to Frist and Brownback. And I'll wait to see
whom God annoints as our next republican presidential candidate. Pat
Robertson, maybe? He's a republican...

Something else for you to pray for.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

Default Rigged Primaries

I am not gonna pin this as being a democratic party only issue.

But this idea that the parties can bypass primaries and put their
candidate straight into the
general election just sucks. We;re like a two commie party country.
In either party increasingly the party picks their candidates and
bypasses the primary system.

I wonder how the people of Ohio feel about Reid of Nevada and Schumer
of NY deciding who should be their representative.

This is one of the best examples I can think of for why we need
cleanmoney campaigns.
Hackett should tell Reid and Schumer to pound sand and let the
democrats fo Ohio choose their candidate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/14/po...=1&oref=slogin

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"ScottW" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am not gonna pin this as being a democratic party only issue.

True enough, something similar happened to Republican Jean Piro in NY

But this idea that the parties can bypass primaries and put their
candidate straight into the
general election just sucks. We;re like a two commie party country.
In either party increasingly the party picks their candidates and
bypasses the primary system.

I wonder how the people of Ohio feel about Reid of Nevada and Schumer
of NY deciding who should be their representative.

This is one of the best examples I can think of for why we need
cleanmoney campaigns.
Hackett should tell Reid and Schumer to pound sand and let the
democrats fo Ohio choose their candidate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/14/po...=1&oref=slogin

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: ScottW
Date: Tues, Feb 14 2006 11:09 am
Email: "ScottW"

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/14/po...=1&oref=slogin

I'd still run if I was in his shoes. Someone who bows to the pressure,
then whines about it, probably shouldn't be in national office anyway.
I think the voters might rally behind someone like this, assuming that
his views weren't way out of the constituents' box.

I'm not saying what the Dems did is right, just that I think he could
still have won. I'd even vote republican in some cases if the robots
were ever willing to say "**** you" when the situation demanded it. As
I said earlier, I have a pretty moderate republican congressmen in my
district, but he follows the party line way too much for my liking.