Daniel Fox

Default FMR Audio - a pleasure to deal with

I called McQuiken and family regarding a minor problem with my RNP's DI
input (purchased used and an older unit). For only the cost to ship to
them they fixed the issue, updated the firmware to be identical to new
units and put the newer style knobs on. ...and sent it back in a very
timely fashion so It could get back to work. I figured they deserved a
shout out. If only more companies were like this... And it's probably
the best $300 (used) i've spent in studio gear.

Dan Fox

hank alrich

Daniel Fox wrote:

I called McQuiken and family regarding a minor problem with my RNP's DI
input (purchased used and an older unit). For only the cost to ship to
them they fixed the issue, updated the firmware to be identical to new
units and put the newer style knobs on. ...and sent it back in a very
timely fashion so It could get back to work. I figured they deserved a
shout out. If only more companies were like this... And it's probably
the best $300 (used) i've spent in studio gear.

Yep, those FMR people tend not to disappoint!

--
ha
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"hank alrich" wrote in message . ..
Daniel Fox wrote:

I called McQuiken and family regarding a minor problem with my RNP's DI
input (purchased used and an older unit). For only the cost to ship to
them they fixed the issue, updated the firmware to be identical to new
units and put the newer style knobs on. ...and sent it back in a very
timely fashion so It could get back to work. I figured they deserved a
shout out. If only more companies were like this... And it's probably
the best $300 (used) i've spent in studio gear.

Yep, those FMR people tend not to disappoint!

--
ha

....Sure would be nice if Mark still had the time to post here.

Anybody know what the new firmware does? I have one of the first RNP"s
to come out.
Not that firmware would be responsible for it, but Have there been any
sonic improvements in latter versions?

telefunky

I've called him a few times with the most basic questions like "why
isn't it working?" and he has quite patiently walked me through
whatever procedure it was that I was fouling up. I'm sure he had a ton
of things to do, but he wanted to make sure I was back on track before
he hung up. That's cool.

Now, if I can just dream a little bit about an RNP-NV to go with my
other FMR stuff .......

Daniel Fox wrote:
I called McQuiken and family regarding a minor problem with my RNP's DI
input (purchased used and an older unit). For only the cost to ship to
them they fixed the issue, updated the firmware to be identical to new
units and put the newer style knobs on. ...and sent it back in a very
timely fashion so It could get back to work. I figured they deserved a
shout out. If only more companies were like this... And it's probably
the best $300 (used) i've spent in studio gear.

Dan Fox

Daniel Fox

Jonny Durango wrote:

Anybody know what the new firmware does?

Have there been any
sonic improvements in latter versions?

Yeah, i'd be curious about that also....and also WHEN the firmware
update(s) was implemented.

I haven't had the chance to use my RNP since getting it back so I don't
know if there is any sonic difference due to the firmware. Mine had an
issue with the DI where very low signal (the decay of a bass note)
would sputter out with faintly audible static. It was due to some
improper wiring in the circuit of a small batch of early RNP's.

Dan

Geoff@home

"telefunky" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've called him a few times with the most basic questions like "why
isn't it working?" and he has quite patiently walked me through
whatever procedure it was that I was fouling up. I'm sure he had a ton
of things to do, but he wanted to make sure I was back on track before
he hung up. That's cool.

Now, if I can just dream a little bit about an RNP-NV to go with my
other FMR stuff .......

And the RNOMPADAC

geoff

(Really Nice Octal Mic Pre And DAC)

(Really Nice Octal Mic Pre And DAC)

Nice!

I'm still hoping he'll put out an EQ that sounds like a Massive Passive
and sells for $300!!

I've had nothing but first-rate customer service from Mark. I own two
RNCs and three RNPs and could not be happier. And then, the fact that
FMR sells them for a third of what they should be worth sonically is
astounding.

Ken
www.blueberrybuddha.com

Scott Dorsey

wrote:

I'm still hoping he'll put out an EQ that sounds like a Massive Passive
and sells for $300!!

Looked at the Mini Passive? It's not $300, but it's not anywhere near
the cost of the Massive Passive. And most of the time you only need
a couple filters anyway, so why pay for more?