apa

Default FS: Speck SSM + 16 channel Expander + bussing module

I'm taking another shot at selling this before I go to EBAY...

3 Pieces as a lot:

ONE: Speck SSM 12 channel line mixer (no mic pres) - the line mixing
board Speck made in the days before their new Lilo.

12 inputs - switchable stereo or mono on front panel. Stereo buss out +
monitor outs
2 band parametric Eq (high + switchable low/mid)
eq kill switch
8 effects/aux sends
Kill switch (sends channel only to aux sends, not 2-buss)
Mute switch
pan
fader

TWO: Speck SSM expander - an extra 16 channels same as above.

THREE: Speck SSM bussing module.
2 rack space unit to provide more bussing options for the above.

Power supply to support all three units.

Issues: There are some scratchy switches and the headphone amp isn't
working. Email for details.

I have photos of all the units. Feel free to email me if you're
interested in seeing them or have any questions. I'm in Boston, MA.
Drop a line if you're interested in seeing it in person.

$1500 or best offer for all three pieces.

Thanks, Andy

apa

Just a follow up to answer some questions:

The 12 channel Main board and the 16 channel expander are BOTH
stereo/mono switchable. Each channel has two inputs.

In stereo mode the fader controls both and they are hard panned left
and right. The pan knob then controls their relative levels.

In Mono mode the channel acts like a normal input channel (i.e. the
fader controls the level and the pan knob pans the signal right and
left). I belive you use both inputs in mono mode, it mixes them and
send them though the strip together as mono. I can't remember though -
I used it mostly mono with one input per channel.

There are 8 aux sends on concentric pots. (1/5 2/6 3/7 4/8) the top
knob controls the one send and the concetric one controls the other. If
you're using true stereo effects on a stereo source, there is a switch
on the back for each channel that allows these send to be stereo (i.e.
left signal routes only through aux 1,2,3,4 right signal only through
5,6,7,8). Otherwise they operate as a normal aux send.

There is one mute switch that is intermitant and you have to wiggle it
to get it to engage. There is one trim knob that has the same problem.
Otherwise there are some mute and eq kill swithes that make some noise
when switching but are fine once engaged. Some of the pots are a bit
scratchy, but none real bad. The faders are all good. I have a mapping
of the problem pots and switches which I'll send along to those who
emailed.

Thanks