Peter Larsen

Default ! BOSE can sound good in a small room

John Brock wrote:

Ren and all you Kids, let's edit those crosspost headers.

Excuse me, but I don't understand your complaint. Why exactly
should the headers be trimmed, and more importantly, how?

Because you are wasting peoples time, bandwidth and diskspace in
newsgroups that are not relevant for the topic. that belongs in
rec.audio.opinion only.

Is this discussion inappropriate for one of the three
audio newsgroups to which it was posted?

YES!

(Actually only two -- "rec.audio.option" doesn't seem to exist).

Someone would have posted it to rec.audio.opinion, where it belongs.

If so, which one, and why?

This is about someones opinion, it is not about facts. Therefore it
belongs in rec.audio.opinion only.

I hope you are not one of those newbies who is under the mistaken
impression that crossposting is always wrong.

Crossposting is intented for use in asking a question that may belong in
several newsgroups. As an example room acoustic issues that are relevant
for alt.audio.pro.live-sound may require the expertise found in
alt.sci.physics.acoustics. Normally the questionee crossposting a
question would also suggest a newsgroup for the discussion and add a
followup-to: header pointing at it.

The capability was built into the system quite deliberately,
and this looks like an appropriate use of that capability to me.

It is not suitable to crosspost permanently into newsgrops where the
topic is off topic.

Maybe I'm wrong.

It is probably more fair to say that your comprehension of this appears
to be incomplete.

But without some sort of explanation you are just giving
orders that you have no way of enforcing!

Welcome to the usenet. Consider yourself flamed. A followup-to: header
pointing at rec.audio.opinion has been added.

John Brock

Kind regards

Peter Larsen