ScottW

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Yappity-yappity-yap.

They don't object strongly enough against the murderous actions of the
fanatics in their midst.

As if you would know how strongly "they" speak out. Spent much time in
Jordan or Iran? Or is your sample of "them" limited to the guy who
runs your favorite Exxon station and the lady who lives down the
block, and her aged mother?

Like you, I don't get out into the Muslim world much so I must rely on
media.

So you admit your assertion is empty bluster. Good for you.

Well I haven't seen a Muslim protest against terrorism around here even
though a couple of the 9/11 perps lived here in SD and hung out at a masque
in Clairemont.

ScottW

Lionel

ScottW wrote:
"Lionel" wrote in message

GeoStink wrote:

His co-workers will only approach him with
their gas masks on.

If you was at my keyboard now I am sure that you wouldn't have resisted to
do a very "good" joke with the above.

Yeah you know I'm right, don't be so modest. :-(

Suppressor of free speech and resorts to violence. Yup, you will make a
fine Muslim.

Perhapas you are right. This or a good US Catholic Militant Republican.
Since few years it's nearly impossible to make a difference.

ScottW

Lionel

ScottW wrote:

"Fatima Whitbread" wrote in message
news
"ScottW" emitted :

Suppressor of free speech and resorts to violence. Yup, you will make a
fine Muslim.

What have you got against Muslim's, Scott?

They don't object strongly enough against the murderous actions of the
fanatics in their midst.

I don't remember that you have objected something when Art Sackman has
written that the tortured prisoners of Abu Ghraib were all terrorists
while none of them was judged.
Does it means that you will also make a "fine muslim" ?

At some point the human shields are no longer
innocent. Apparently the Thai government has concluded this as well.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Oct27.html

Notice the outrage over these deaths but who has protested the random drive
by shootings, the machete attacks, the arson that has plagued the region
for the last year? I know most Muslims aren't terrorists. But I also know
most terrorists today are Muslims. It is the Muslims who hold the burden of
guilt for this and they do far too little.

ScottW

paul packer

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:44:27 -0400, George M. Middius
wrote:

Question: if the media is unreliable, how do we determine what people
in other countries are thinking?

Excellent Super-Dumb Question, paulie. You win this week's Honorary
Bug Eater Award. Congratulations!

So what's the answer, George? Go on, tell us.
Clyde Slick

"Dodge McRodgered" wrote in message
"George M. Middius" emitted :

From discussions I've had with Middle Easterner's, the impression I
get is that such people are not nearly so attracted to (or aware of)
the benefits of democracy.. particularly if it's forced on them from
outside. A proportion seem to genuinely have difficulty in
comprehending the advantages of civil liberties and human rights,
presumably because it's such a foreign concept. An adult student I
know from Libya claims that in his country it's mainly the younger
generation who crave democracy, but he says that even they have
serious reservations. He spoke of a distaste for hedonism, gluttony
and avarice, which are apparently self evident in certain parts of the
world.

I hope Sacky sees this. We all know your correspondent is confusing
democracy with a free-market economy.

Nope - he was definitely referring to the democratic Western world.

Democracy has to do with how a society governs itself. Hedonism
and decadence are different issues, not related to political
organization.