David Gross

Default watery effect

Hi every body, as many you are aware I am trying to make my bedroom
into a home cinema, however I have come acroos some glitches.
Everything was running smoothly, going to plan, I was watching the
Matrix with it's really cool music, I also watched the minority report
and still everything was going to plan. I started listening music and
still...everything was fine, until... the music began to sound watery
and in the voices in the films are dull and you can only here the bass
behind the voices so when a woman speaks you here very little. I don't
think it's a speaker problem as I have used headphones and i have the
same problem. Is there anything i can do or is it a case of getting a
new sound card?

cheers

Dave
Deke

You didnt mention what sources you were using, but the effect you describe
is most noticeable on
compressed audio (mpeg4 and mp3s) run thru a dolby surround system. MANY of
the chanels on Dish Network have this symptom. Only thing to do is turn off
the dolby surround, or run it thru an old quad surround system.

Deke

om...