Chad Wahls

Default OK Computer folks....

Here's a strange one.

I'm trying to get 2 track USB audio out of an Itronix Gobook, with windows
XP Pro. The audio is VERY glitchy and choppy. When the computer is really
working, like loading programs etc, the audio cleans up.

Any Ideas?

Chad

Geoff Wood

Chad Wahls wrote:
Here's a strange one.

I'm trying to get 2 track USB audio out of an Itronix Gobook, with
windows XP Pro. The audio is VERY glitchy and choppy. When the
computer is really working, like loading programs etc, the audio
cleans up.

Any Ideas?

Sounds pretty bizarre . Tried updating BIOS and drivers ? Temp disabling
power-saving schemes ?

geoff

Arny Krueger

"Chad Wahls" wrote in message

Here's a strange one.

I'm trying to get 2 track USB audio out of an Itronix Gobook, with
windows XP Pro. The audio is VERY glitchy and choppy. When the
computer is really working, like loading programs etc, the audio
cleans up.

Try to cut back on programs that are loaded at boot time with MSCONFIG.

Sportster4Eva

Chad Wahls wrote:

Here's a strange one.

I'm trying to get 2 track USB audio out of an Itronix Gobook, with windows
XP Pro. The audio is VERY glitchy and choppy. When the computer is really
working, like loading programs etc, the audio cleans up.

Any Ideas?

Chad

Chad,
Try going into the performance options/advanced and set it to give more
time to background services, as opposed to programs, and set the
appearance settings to best performance.
Good Luck,
Paul

Peter Larsen

Chad Wahls wrote:

Here's a strange one.

Agreed.

I'm trying to get 2 track USB audio out of an Itronix Gobook,
with windows XP Pro. The audio is VERY glitchy and choppy.
When the computer is really working, like loading programs etc,
the audio cleans up.

Any Ideas?

sharemem graphics-card and opengl screen-saver? - just to concoct an
imagined worst case based on opengl screensavers NOT being the
recommended ones to have running on a server.

Is it setup for foreground programme or for background services,
whatever is chosen, try the other!

Chad

kind regards

Peter Larsen

TonyP

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
Arny Krueger wrote:
Try to cut back on programs that are loaded at boot time with MSCONFIG.

Indexing service?

That's the first thing that should go.

TonyP.

Peter Larsen wrote in message ...
Chad Wahls wrote:

Here's a strange one.

Agreed.

I'm trying to get 2 track USB audio out of an Itronix Gobook,
with windows XP Pro. The audio is VERY glitchy and choppy.
When the computer is really working, like loading programs etc,
the audio cleans up.

Any Ideas?

sharemem graphics-card and opengl screen-saver? - just to concoct an
imagined worst case based on opengl screensavers NOT being the
recommended ones to have running on a server.

Is it setup for foreground programme or for background services,
whatever is chosen, try the other!

Chad

kind regards

Peter Larsen

Well Here's the skinny, I upgraded Bios, Turned off indexing, Set the
processor to spend more time on background things. And I can get a
whole 40Sec of clean audio! I'm getting somewhere but nowhere quick.
I'm thinking a used Omnibook 6000 is about to grace my presence. I
don't do computer playback in the rain, but I use the rugged Itronix
for PA system control so enviromental stability is a must.

Any body else have suggestions for a cheaper portable audio
recording/playback machine? I had a Thinkpad 1400i that worked well
for this app but it ended up sucking bad from a durability standpoint.

Chad