Default Which Amp?

I have a pair of Rockford Punch HX2's 500Watt RMS 1000Watt MAX and im
not sure of what amp to get to properly push them. I have an amp right
now thats just not giving them enough power please help me out.

Thanks,
James

Any name brand amp with a total of 1000 watts RMS.

sq4u sq4u is offline
Junior Member

well.....dont get confused here. This is a Major consideration as this will be the lifeblood of your subs. Dont skimp yourself. Please dont hesitate. One word for you. OHMS. How will you wire it? some amps push most watts at 4 ohms. Some push most out at 2. Bridged, series, mono, stereo setup. Choose what is MOST. speakers blow due to low watts being pushed out....not high amounts. HX2's are watt munching subs. Bang hard at 300 a piece I had a PPI 2600.2 ol skool pushing my old pair of those rocks, and they sounded decent. Always wanted to go ported though. never did. I went sealed route. I couldnt turn this ppi up to max at all with those hx2's just distorted like crazy. Some year from now youll be upgradin' so dont skimp your AMP at ALL. figure were youll be with yer Ohms either stereo setup, or bridged wiring. Then, conclusively, bass your decision on this basis. like I said, these were distortin at 300 watts a piece in a sealed box 'bout 1.25 cu per. alpine 1507 old skool. i was in a pawn shop when this kid bought a huge Ma audio amp for his rock hx2's and they pounded hard. In the car audio world, when in doubt, doubt the hell out of it. But dont ever give up till youve got the RIGHT answer.