Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

Default Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 to Life amp going in tomorrow

Finally, work has seemed to slow down and I am planning on installing my
Rockford Fosgate 25 to Life Power 1000 in my 2006 Mustang GT in stages
over the weekend. The only problem I have run across thus far is that I
was planning on mounting the amp to one of the fold down rear seats.
Well, the amp is too big, so it looks like I am going to have to mount
it to BOTH rear seat backs.

I hope this sounds good because this will be the final complete system:

Alpine CDA-9885
Infinity Kappa 682s all around
A single Solobaric L5 in the Kicker enclosure wired for 2 ohms
The 5 Channel Power 1000
For now, I am retaining the Shaker 500 8" "subwoofers" in my doors.

I intend to tune the crossover points and gains by ear and I will use
the built-in 28 hz Subsonic Filter.

The only questions I have right now are

1. Should I pick 100 hz as my starting High/Low pass point or go lower
than that?

2. Besides difficulty in folding down the rear seats, do you see any
disadvantage to mounting the amp to both rear seat backs?

3. How long before I need Dynamat?
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

hum i decided too look it up n see what all the big deal is...for $500.
i have 3 cali profile amps....1 is 75rmsx4. the other 2 are 100rms x2.
total price $275.
i think those 3 would bury that rf.
n i know ya run it at 2ohm.lol
but as any1 knows running amps at lower loads shorten its life. n raises
the noise in the music.
good luck....

n i know ya run it at 2ohm.lol
but as any1 knows running amps at lower loads shorten its life. n raises
the noise in the music.
good luck....

Yeah, but I wanted to do it with ONE amp this go round. Crap, you just
reminded me that all of my channels are going to be at 2 ohms too.... I
forgot about the Infinity Kappas....

Regardless, the total cost of this system is less than the factory
Shaker 1000 option.

Oh well, my break is over, back to the car!

- Chris
Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] bradleyfritz33@yahoo.com is offline

I own a 1000 25 to life & I set my High Pass @ 85-90 hz running 6.5 morel. Try that out. Good luck