Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Fox Fox is offline

Default unknown amp, pls help identify

Hi guys

I'm just about to put an amp on eBay but I have no idea who manufactured it,
I suspect its British but the name has been removed from the front. Its a
4xEL34 100 watt head, any help would be greatly appreciated, I've included
links to pics of the amp below.

many thnx
John

http://www.mrspider.co.uk/amprear.jpg
http://www.mrspider.co.uk/ampfront.jpg
http://www.mrspider.co.uk/ampinside.jpg

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Fox wrote:

Hi guys

I'm just about to put an amp on eBay but I have no idea who manufactured it,
I suspect its British but the name has been removed from the front. Its a
4xEL34 100 watt head, any help would be greatly appreciated, I've included
links to pics of the amp below.

It's some kind of cheap 'no name' guitar amp. Yes, it does look as if it was
British made.

It might even have been built as a kit. The absence of any rear protective
panel is a bit dodgy.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Fox[_2_] Fox[_2_] is offline

Hi Eeyore

Thnx for replying, the amp has a missing badge and I removed the rear grill
so that could take a better pic. So far it's looking like it might be a
Carlsbro but the jury is still out on that one.

cheers
John

Fox wrote:

Hi guys

I'm just about to put an amp on eBay but I have no idea who manufactured
it,
I suspect its British but the name has been removed from the front. Its a
4xEL34 100 watt head, any help would be greatly appreciated, I've
included
links to pics of the amp below.

It's some kind of cheap 'no name' guitar amp. Yes, it does look as if it
was
British made.

It might even have been built as a kit. The absence of any rear
protective
panel is a bit dodgy.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Fox wrote:

Hi Eeyore

Thnx for replying, the amp has a missing badge and I removed the rear grill
so that could take a better pic. So far it's looking like it might be a
Carlsbro but the jury is still out on that one.

I'm not familiar enough with Carsbro's stuff to comment. I know a number of
brands it isn't if that helps !

Graham

cheers
John

Fox wrote:

Hi guys

I'm just about to put an amp on eBay but I have no idea who manufactured
it,
I suspect its British but the name has been removed from the front. Its a
4xEL34 100 watt head, any help would be greatly appreciated, I've
included
links to pics of the amp below.

It's some kind of cheap 'no name' guitar amp. Yes, it does look as if it
was
British made.

It might even have been built as a kit. The absence of any rear
protective
panel is a bit dodgy.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Fox[_2_] Fox[_2_] is offline

Hi Graham

Actually that would help a lot, kinda narrow it down a bit thnx

cheers
John

Fox wrote:

Hi Eeyore

Thnx for replying, the amp has a missing badge and I removed the rear
grill
so that could take a better pic. So far it's looking like it might be a
Carlsbro but the jury is still out on that one.

I'm not familiar enough with Carsbro's stuff to comment. I know a number
of
brands it isn't if that helps !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"Fox"

** Try your original post with jpegs on " uk.rec.audio ".

One of the pommy geriatrics there might recall it.

Might be a " Baker " amp.

Definitely not Sound City , Laney or Hiwatt.

........ Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Phil Allison wrote:

"Fox"

** Try your original post with jpegs on " uk.rec.audio ".

One of the pommy geriatrics there might recall it.

Might be a " Baker " amp.

That could be it.

Definitely not Sound City , Laney or Hiwatt.

Agreed. Or Marshall, Vox, Selmer, Orange

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Fox Fox is offline

Hi guys

Thnx for your help, it certainly narrows things down a bit

Regards
John

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Fox Fox is offline

Hi Guys

After some further investigation the amp seems to be a Vamp, does anyone
know anything about Vamp?

http://www.ampheaven.com/weird_amps_contd.htm

Regards
John

Unknown Tube bayouslotman Vacuum Tubes 7 April 11th 06 09:08 PM
needs help : unknown ammeter Antispammer Car Audio 0 April 6th 06 08:59 AM
Unknown OPT's Gregg Vacuum Tubes 7 September 11th 04 10:28 AM
Unknown XTS99 General 0 July 14th 03 05:51 AM
Unknown XTS99 Audio Opinions 0 July 14th 03 05:44 AM