Posted to rec.audio.pro
usasong usasong is offline

Default USA Songwriting Competition Launches "Songwriters For Japan", A JapanRelief Bid

The USA Songwriting Competition on Saturday launched a campaign to
support relief in Japan as top names in the entertainment world
offered condolences after the mega earthquake of a magnitude 9.0 and
tsunami. Over 20 countries in the Pacific Rim were put on high alert
on Friday, March 11, after a massive earthquake caused a tidal wave
which devastated Japan.

The death toll in Japan from Friday's devastating earthquake and
tsunami now exceeds 2,800, and over 10,000 people are estimated to
have died. Entire villages have been washed away, tens of thousands of
people are still missing, and at least 300,000 people have been forced
to leave their homes.

USA Songwriting Competition asked their legions of songwriters to
donate on their website saying, "Help for Japan," for donations of $25
or more. "We have many entrants from Japan every year and acknowledge
Japanese songwriters and composers", said Ira Greenfield, VP of
Business Development at USA Songwriting Competition. "Our heart goes
out to the Japanese people. Donations will go to relief efforts", he
added.

Jodi Krangle, a Canadian singer-songwriter who owns Muse's Muse, a
resource website for songwriters said "I know some people in Japan,
and I want to do whatever I can. I hope the link on The Muse's Muse
helps get more donations".

The USA Songwriting Competition, the leading international songwriting
competition, has a long history of having winners getting success,
recording and publishing contracts, have their songs placed on the
charts as well as having their songs placed on film and television.
2009 First Prize winner Kyler England (country) was signed to
Universal Records. 2005 First Prize winner (Pop) Kate Voegele was
signed to Interscope Records the year after she won and had her
winning song hit top 40 on the Billboard Charts, her latest album hit
Top 10 on the Billboard 200 Album charts this summer. 2007 Overall
Grand Prize Winner Ari Gold had his winning song "Where The Music
Takes You" hit #10 on the Billboard Dance Charts. Judges include A&R
managers from the "big 4" record companies: Universal, Warner, EMI and
SONY Music. Past year's winner include Grammy winner Alannah Myles,
mega-hit songwriter Ken Hirsch and up-and-coming songwriter ASON.

USA Songwriting Competition has partnered with Mercy Corps. Mercy
Corps is actively working to help survivors of Japan's earthquake and
tsunami. Your donation will be used to meet immediate and longer-term
needs of earthquake survivors.

For more information on donations, go to:
http://www.mercycorps.org/fundraising/usasong

or:
http://www.songwriting.net