Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
ST ST is offline

Default Bi-wiring?

More observations to report.

I did try bi-wiring and found that the system tend to sound bit
bright. Ok, maybe it is all in my head. But then I was thinking is it
possible why my system sounded bright because of the followings:-

1) Let's say speaker's impedance is 6 ohm.

2) However, my tweeter is said to be 4 ohm and my woofer is 8 ohm.

3) My Amp is capable of 250W per channel.

Q1) Will driving with X amount of power into 6 ohm speaker be the same
as driving with the same amp but individually, i.e bi-wiring the 4ohm
tweeter and 8 ohm woofer with non whatsoever changes in the volume?

Regards,
ST

Sub and amp wiring [email protected] Car Audio 4 July 23rd 07 06:14 AM
Help with wiring spongehead Car Audio 13 February 20th 06 10:03 AM
wiring DVC sub Dr Nick Car Audio 8 January 14th 06 12:55 AM
Wiring Help Pyro_Dan_Downunder Car Audio 1 March 19th 05 02:51 PM
4 Sub Wiring jakdedert Tech 1 February 10th 05 11:37 PM