Pete Snyder

Default Need Tube Testing Settings for 7868 Output Tubes

I have a B&K Model 650 tube checker I got off Ebay a number of years
ago. Unfortunately, the book that came with my B&K 650 doesn't include
any settings for 7868 tubes.

Can anyone tell me the appropriate socket & settings to use. If this
is possible, what would be the "acceptable" readings??

Pete Snyder
Mark Huffman

"Pete Snyder" wrote in message
om...
I have a B&K Model 650 tube checker I got off Ebay a number of years
ago. Unfortunately, the book that came with my B&K 650 doesn't include
any settings for 7868 tubes.

Can anyone tell me the appropriate socket & settings to use. If this
is possible, what would be the "acceptable" readings??

Pete Snyder

Pete: I have a B&K 707 which shows the 7868 in the listings. Have you
checked your update list? There is often one in the book.

Also, a few months ago someone posted a site with B&K manuals on it. There
is probably an update for the 7868.

The 7868 was introduced in 1961 so mabey your tester is a little too old.

I have a book "Tube Lore" which says that the 7868 is a variant of the
7591A. This book says the 7868 is a novar. Yes it is, it goes in a novar
socket in the 707.

If your 650 doesn't have novar socket then that may be why it isn't listed.
The novar is a big 9-pin.

The sensitivity is set at 27 on this 707 which indicates that the tube is
loaded down comparatively heavy by the tester. Have Fun,MH