Default Thank you Stereophile et al

I have used you as a springboard towards acquiring some truly
satisfying systems, and have increased my ability to understand and
appreciate the things which go together to provide a musically
satisfying experience.

Now...I am THERE.

No longer do I peruse Stereophile and The Absolute Sound in search of
new ideas, new equipment.

Most of the magazines are ignored, unread.

I am happy with the stereo and home theater systems that I now have,
truly happy, so why keep searching?
The crazy train is on a siding.

roll dem bones
Marcus

wrote in message
I am happy with the stereo and home theater systems that I now have,
truly happy, so why keep searching?
The crazy train is on a siding.

So, are you going to tell us what your systems are? Yes, I know it's a
matter of personal taste, etc., but I, for one, am curious.

Thanks!
Marc

Main system: (in my dedicated listening room)

Conrad Johnson Evolution 2000 amp

Audio Research LS2 preamp

Theta DS Pro Basic III DAC w/ Theta Data Basic transport (balanced)

Aerial 10T speakers

Music Advancement Company interconnects, LAT biwired speaker cable

Chang Lightspeed conditioner

Bedroom system:

Conrad Johnson MF-200 amp

Conrad Johnson PF 1 preamp

Proceed Digital Audio Processor and Proceed Compact Disc Transport
(balanced)

Rega Planar 2 w/ Sumiko Blue Point

Chapman T 7 speakers

MAC interconnects, Marshall speaker wire

Tice power conditioner

Garage system:

Precision Fidelity M-8 amp

PS Audio PS IV preamp

Marantz CD 63 used as a transport, into Adcom GDA-600 DAC

vintage tubed Scott LT-110 FM tuner

Snell C-IV speakers (I bought the same pair reviewed by Michael Fox of
Absolute Sound)

misc interconnects and home brewed biwired speaker cable

Home theater: (dedicated home theater)

Hitachi 57T500 HDTV

Rotel RSP-1066 processor

Acurus amps

Denon DVD-910

M&K speakers w/sub

Acoustic Research wire

With the exception of the Hitachi HDTV, Rotel processor and Denon DVD,
my equipment was purchased used, quite a bit after researching through
Stereophile and Absoulute Sound.

High end gear does not hold its value; let the original owner take the
hit.

All the gear has proper stands.

The two indoor stereo systems plus the home theater have dedicated
upgraded solitary power lines running from upgraded panel, and use
separate grounds.

I am satisfied, as are my family and friends to whom I have given the
lesser gear which I previously owned, while learning the ropes.