Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

Default Modifying Carver Sonic Hologram Generator - Slew Rate Question

If memory serves me, the B board on the C-4000 Sonic Holography
Autocorrelation PreAmp uses Texas Instruments RC4136 quad op-amps. These are
rather slow slew rate op-amps, and I was considering replacing them with
OP275 op amps or equivalent.

My question is this:

Does the Hologram Generator work it's magic BECAUSE of the slew rate
limiting of these op-amps, or would I stand to improve the hologram image at
higher audio frequencies by upgrading them?

My TI chips have degraded somewhat, causing audible distortion when the
hologram is switched in, until a 5-minute warmup has passed, after which it
sounds fine. So the question is whether to replace with the same type, or
attempt an upgrade with the possibility of improving high frequency imaging,
or ruining the whole effect altogether.

Has anyone thought about doing this, or better yet, actually tried it?

--
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

VIDEO PRODUCTION . FILM SCANNING . DVD MASTERING . AUDIO RESTORATION
Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
Business sites at:
www.dv-clips.com
www.mwcomms.com