Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

Default Bye Bye Palin

Honestly, if she isn't tough enough to deal with the media now, what
makes people think she can handle it in 2012? I had her pegged as a
nutso from the beginning.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
vinyl anachronist wrote:

Honestly, if she isn't tough enough to deal with the media now, what
makes people think she can handle it in 2012? I had her pegged as a
nutso from the beginning.

I had a conversation with an intelligent conservative who nonetheless
accepted wingnut "conventional wisdom": gas prices lead economic
changes, etc. She claimed Palin was victimized by "feminists" who put
her down for campaigning while she had children at home. When I said I'd
never heard anyone say that, she said they (feminists) "all but" said so.

She took Palin seriously.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jul 3, 9:24*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,
*vinyl anachronist wrote:

Honestly, if she isn't tough enough to deal with the media now, what
makes people think she can handle it in 2012? I had her pegged as a
nutso from the beginning.

I had a conversation with an intelligent conservative who nonetheless
accepted wingnut "conventional wisdom": gas prices lead economic
changes, etc. She claimed Palin was victimized by "feminists" who put
her down for campaigning while she had children at home. When I said I'd
never heard anyone say that, she said they (feminists) "all but" said so.

She took Palin seriously.

I also know some conservative women that thought she was "just great".

Pawlenty/Palin 1012!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

On Jul 3, 7:36�pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Jul 3, 9:24�pm, MiNe 109 � wrote:

In article
,
�vinyl anachronist wrote:

Honestly, if she isn't tough enough to deal with the media now, what
makes people think she can handle it in 2012? I had her pegged as a
nutso from the beginning.

I had a conversation with an intelligent conservative who nonetheless
accepted wingnut "conventional wisdom": gas prices lead economic
changes, etc. She claimed Palin was victimized by "feminists" who put
her down for campaigning while she had children at home. When I said I'd
never heard anyone say that, she said they (feminists) "all but" said so.

She took Palin seriously.

I also know some conservative women that thought she was "just great".

Cause she's spunky. Ya know, she's like a pit bull with lipstick.

What bothers me the most is that she said she didn't want to put
Alaskans through a lame duck administration. In other words, she's
saying that for the last two years of her governorship she wasn't even
going to try to get anything done. I hope that isn't lost on Alaskans,
or Americans...or is that asking way too much?

Most pundits think this is a horrendous career decision. I hope this
is the beginning of her march to oblivion.

Pawlenty/Palin 1012!

They are from the Middle Ages, aren't they.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Jul 4, 1:29*pm, vinyl anachronist
wrote:
On Jul 3, 7:36 pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On Jul 3, 9:24 pm, MiNe 109 wrote:

In article
,
vinyl anachronist wrote:

[...]

They are from the Middle Ages, aren't they.- Hide quoted text -

Well, she certainly isn't my choice for Pres, she
lacks experience, like obama does.
She has ngot to stop speaking in platitudes.
But she is not done.
that is because people like you and me won't
be voting in republican primaries.
Look, if she is done, its not because she quit as gov.
Its because she gave such a horrible speech about it.

The reps need to find a better candidate
Maybe Romney/Jindal in 2012

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

On Jul 3, 7:36 pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On Jul 3, 9:24 pm, MiNe 109 wrote:

In article
,
vinyl anachronist wrote:

[...]

Maybe Romney/Jindal in 2012- Hide quoted text -

The Mormon thing will ultimately be Romney's undoing. Hell, we haven't
even been able to get more than one Catholic elected. All the
opposition has to do is reveal what Mormonisn is really about, just
like they did on South Park. The red states will bail out quickly.

Jindal annoyed everyone with his Mister Rogers impersonation after
Obama's first joint address.

And continuing to compare Palin's lack of experience to Obama isn't
fooling anyone. Obama was always willing to discuss his ideas in
public, and now he's President. They had to shut Palin up and spoon
feed speeches to her because she was such a loose cannon ande now
she's going to be making a difference as a soccer mom. Go Wasilla
Beavers!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

vinyl anachronist said:

And continuing to compare Palin's lack of experience to Obama isn't
fooling anyone. Obama was always willing to discuss his ideas in
public, and now he's President. They had to shut Palin up and spoon
feed speeches to her because she was such a loose cannon ande now
she's going to be making a difference as a soccer mom. Go Wasilla
Beavers!

If anybody hasn't read Vanity Fair's article about Gov. Moosekill, it's a
blast of ice-cold reality. The editor (Purdum) found a huge supply of people
who resent or detest Palin, both from Alaska and from McCain's campaign
staff. The picture he conveys is of an unbalanced, self-serving narcissist.
The memoir she is planning to write is going to be published by two imprints
simultaneously -- one by a mainstream press and the other by a Bible
publisher, "with additional material about faith".

It's scary to realize the GOP seriously tried to make this woman VP. Purdum
asked McCain's staffers why they didn't quit when they realized how
unqualified Palin is, and none of them had a good answer. Purdum likened a
presidential campaign to a war, and quitting a campaign to deserting your
fellow soldiers in combat. Conspiracy of dunces, anyone?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

wrote:

On Jul 3, 7:36 pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On Jul 3, 9:24 pm, MiNe 109 wrote:

In article
,
vinyl anachronist wrote:

[...]

that was dissapointing, that's why he will be at the bottom of the
ticket.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"vinyl anachronist" wrote in message

snip

And continuing to compare Palin's lack of experience to Obama isn't
fooling anyone. Obama was always willing to discuss his ideas in
public, and now he's President. They had to shut Palin up and spoon
feed speeches to her because she was such a loose cannon ande now
she's going to be making a difference as a soccer mom. Go Wasilla
Beavers!

I shuddered at her proximity to the White House as much as you. I thought
she was a joke.

BUT.....

What I saw on TV when she gave her resignation speech was a completely
rattled, hyper-tense woman who sounded like somehow her world was caving in
on her. I keep wondering if perhaps there isn't an illness involved. All
the press seems able to do is to prattle on about her political ambitions,
but to me it sounds like this was caused by one of three things, in this
approximate ranking (in my judgement):

1) (As I said above) some sort of personal or family emergency....perhaps an
illness, perhaps a threat of divorce, who knows. But something that creates
panic.

2) An offer for tremendous money or exposure, perhaps as a network
commentator or sports announcer, and the panic was caused because she knew
that what she was doing for this reason was untenable.

3) An offer of some other sort of forum....religous, nonprofit,
something...and ditto the above panic comment.

Has anybody else had these thoughts?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jul 4, 6:31*pm, "Harry Lavo" wrote:
[...]

she always sounds like that
its just that ut went on, and on, and on ,and on,zzzzzzzz
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

"vinyl anachronist" wrote in message
Honestly, if she isn't tough enough to deal with the media now, what
makes people think she can handle it in 2012? I had her pegged as a
nutso from the beginning.

**Palin running for election in 2012 is the best news Obama has had all
year.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

vinyl anachronist said:

[...]

I think that Mc Cain is the unbalanced dunce of the two!

McCain has been repeatedly re-elected to public office. Palin rose and
fell rather quickly once people took a closer look at her. The
objective psychological view favors McCain.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

On Jul 3, 7:36 pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On Jul 3, 9:24 pm, MiNe 109 wrote:

In article
,
vinyl anachronist wrote:

[...]

He's going to have to do a lot more to erase that dreadful first
impression.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
vinyl anachronist wrote:

I think that Mc Cain is the unbalanced dunce of the two!

McCain has been repeatedly re-elected to public office. Palin rose and
fell rather quickly once people took a closer look at her. The
objective psychological view favors McCain.

The biggest knock on McCain is his choice of running mate.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

I think that Mc Cain is the unbalanced dunce of the two!

McCain has been repeatedly re-elected to public office. Palin rose and
fell rather quickly once people took a closer look at her. The
objective psychological view favors McCain.

The biggest knock on McCain is his choice of running mate.

Did you know he selected Palin just a couple hours after they first met?
I think the strain of the campaign became too much for him in that moment.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

On Jul 5, 12:59�pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
MiNe 109 said:

I think that Mc Cain is the unbalanced dunce of the two!

McCain has been repeatedly re-elected to public office. Palin rose and
fell rather quickly once people took a closer look at her. The
objective psychological view favors McCain.

The biggest knock on McCain is his choice of running mate.

Did you know he selected Palin just a couple hours after they first met?
I think the strain of the campaign became too much for him in that moment..

At the time I was hoping he'd pick Condoleezza just to stir up the
pot. Then there was the talk of Hillary, which would have been so
crazy it might have worked. Even Lieberman was a very interesting
choice. It sounds a little strange now, but he was playing it safe
with Palin. That's how desperate and unimaginative the Republicans
were. "Well, we gotta do something out of the box! Palin's kinda hot!"
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

vinyl anachronist said:

Did you know he selected Palin just a couple hours after they first met?
I think the strain of the campaign became too much for him in that moment.

At the time I was hoping he'd pick Condoleezza just to stir up the
pot. Then there was the talk of Hillary, which would have been so
crazy it might have worked. Even Lieberman was a very interesting
choice. It sounds a little strange now, but he was playing it safe
with Palin. That's how desperate and unimaginative the Republicans
were. "Well, we gotta do something out of the box! Palin's kinda hot!"

When she sent out announcments of her baby's birth, she signed them "The
Almighty". That's out of the box for sure. Waaaaay out.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Now Palin's whining that nobody understands she's pursuing a "higher
calling". Is she headed for Mt. Sinai to have a summit with "God"?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Bob Eld Bob Eld is offline

"Michael Dobony" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 17:14:48 +1000, Soundhaspriority wrote:

wrote in message

Honestly, if she isn't tough enough to deal with the media now, what
makes people think she can handle it in 2012? I had her pegged as a
nutso from the beginning.

Me, too. And I *KNOW* nutsos.

Listen to her interview. She is now able to function as governor when
everything she does involves a court fight. That is NOT effective
management. It is better for Alaska to step down. The corrupt news media
and spoiled brat dumbocrats just will not allow her to function as
governor.

Yeah right, it's the Democrats and the Press's fault. Please tell us again
how republicans are for personal responsibility. I'm all ears.

Keep in mind that everything said or reported on over the last months has
been in response to something Palin as done or said. Nobody put words in
her mouth. Her latest bit of Palinism, said yesterday, is that she is NOT a
QUITTER! I suppose in your mind we are just supposed to accept that without
comment. The world doesn't work that way. If you don't know when to hold
them or when to fold them, you open yourself to comment or more. Palin has
been doing that all along, never knowing when to shut up or quiet the
waters. She just keeps stepping in it then expects everyone to say nothing.
The problem is Palin, not the Dems or the Press. BTW Palin's worst enemies
are fellow Republicans, not the Dems.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Bob Eld Bob Eld is offline

"flipper" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 08:44:38 -0700, "Bob Eld"
wrote:

. ..

wrote in message

[...]

I'm afraid you are demonstrating blind partisanship because you
clearly have no idea what the issue, which has nothing to do with, as
you put it, her 'mouth', is and if you had actually listened to the
speech you imply to have heard you'd have heard her explain that the
incessant loony tunes left trash 'ethics complaints' were a prime
motivation for her decision because, besides wasting official State
time and resources in 'investigating' such serious charges as holding
a fish in a photograph, these 'death by a thousand cuts' law suits,
not a single one being of any merit, have personally cost her, so far,
$500,000, perhaps more, to defend against .......

Waaa, Waaa, oh so sad, Poor Failin Palin. Sorry I have to wipe my tears,
snifff. This is the saddest story ever told, Bailin Palin has been attacked
by the evil liberals, oh no. What shall we ever do? I think I'll just take
my marbles and go home, I'm so distraught. Snifff.

Keep it up asshole. If you think such stupidity is the route to higher power
then we will have real fun with you clowns in 2012. It's time to get a grip.
If that's the best you republicans have, then you really are doomed. Better
start looking for stronger talent.

Palin wins the Iquitarod!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
George's Pro Sound Co. George's Pro Sound Co. is offline

wrote in message

[...]

$500,000, perhaps more, to defend against and there was no indication
the ass wipes who perpetrate those things were ever going to stop
because it costs them nothing to make asinine, nonsensical,
accusations.

But in this day and age, where a Democrat Congress is screaming to
'investigate' and literally put in jail previous administration
lawyers who did nothing more than render opinions they dislike, and to
hell with the first amendment, plus a dozen more Constitutional and
common law protections, I can't say I'm terribly surprised you'd find
no problem with hounding an official out of office.

And I'm sorry to say, without even getting into other atrocities like
queen Pelosi not letting people even read, much less debate, bills
before her legislative serfs pass them, that's the unprincipled state
the loony tunes left has drug your party down to.

this is all little podunk bickering compared to the grand inqusition the
pubs pulled on BC over monica.
Palin is unethical and it is proper that ethics investigations be held to
hold her accountable for her holier than thou attituted and her abuses of
power
george

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes

flipper said:

Keep it up asshole. If you think such stupidity is the route to higher power
then we will have real fun with you clowns in 2012. It's time to get a grip.
If that's the best you republicans have, then you really are doomed. Better
start looking for stronger talent.

Palin wins the Iquitarod!

And, secondly, I want to thank you for clarifying the one, and only,
'principle' of the modern left: the acquisition of power and utter
destruction of even the slightest dissent.

Your slams at "the left" indicate you consider yourself on "the [political]
right". Nobody's surprised at that, flippie. You don't exactly light up any
forums with your intellect.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes

On Jul 8, 12:32*am, flipper wrote:

And, secondly, I want to thank you for clarifying the one, and only,
'principle' of the modern left: the acquisition of power and utter
destruction of even the slightest dissent.

LOL!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes

On Jul 8, 12:50*am, George M. Middius
wrote:
flipper said:

Palin wins the Iquitarod!

And, secondly, I want to thank you for clarifying the one, and only,
'principle' of the modern left: the acquisition of power and utter
destruction of even the slightest dissent.

Your slams at "the left" indicate you consider yourself on "the [political]
right". Nobody's surprised at that, flippie. You don't exactly light up any
forums with your intellect.

I think "flipper" is "Sugar":

Wandering verbosity: check.

Failure to make a cogent point: check.

Blind loyalty to the ultra-right: check.

Assumption that more and bigger words indicates intelligence: check.

Now I don't bother with ISP checks and all that stalkerish Internet
behaviour, but the similarities do seem odd.

The only thing missing are Sugar's homosexual fantasies.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly's life still bereft of porpoise:

I think "flipper" is "Sugar":

What a dull fin you are, old girl ... probably badly in need of a good
shtupping.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
¤R¼..-¦°€•*¦*b€rt°• ¤R¼..-¦°€•*¦*b€rt°• is offline

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 01:04:26 -0500, flipper
schreef:

Palin is unethical

Quite easy to hurl insults, isn't it?

Not sure what this MILF has to do with productionsound.
Would you be so kind to **** off with this crosspostingcrap ?

Thank you.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
George's Pro Sound Co. George's Pro Sound Co. is offline

I was going to say "it's quite another thing to back them up" but then
I remembered, that's irrelevant to the modern left.

What on earth makes you think I am on the Left?
nothing is farther from the truth
I call them as I see them without regard for what party they are in
Palin is a lying bag of **** who uses her power to adminster personal
vendsettas, she should not be allowed to run a PTA much less the largest
state in the USA
George

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

On Jul 8, 3:02�am, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Jul 8, 3:36�am, "GeoSynch" wrote:

Jilly's life still bereft of porpoise:

I think "flipper" is "Sugar":

What a dull fin you are, old girl ... probably badly in need of a good
shtupping.
The only thing missing are Sugar's homosexual fantasies.

Right on cue.

I guess the "Flipper" thing "blew up in his face"!

ROTFLMAO!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

On Jul 8, 12:37�am, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:

Now I don't bother with ISP checks and all that stalkerish Internet

behaviour, but the similarities do seem odd.

Honestly, it took me all of about two minutes to find out GeoSynch's
identity. He's simply not that bright.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes

Shhhh! said:

And, secondly, I want to thank you for clarifying the one, and only,
'principle' of the modern left: the acquisition of power and utter
destruction of even the slightest dissent.

Your slams at "the left" indicate you consider yourself on "the [political]
right". Nobody's surprised at that, flippie. You don't exactly light up any
forums with your intellect.

I think "flipper" is "Sugar":
Wandering verbosity: check.
Failure to make a cogent point: check.
Blind loyalty to the ultra-right: check.

I disagree. flippie is dumber than Stynchie. It's more likely Scottie has a
new sockpuppet. Besides, look at this bit you skipped:

A person of 'intellect' would either debate or, more likely, agree
with the points made but all you've done is spotlight your lack of it.

This claptrap is a near-verbatim echo of one of Witless's favorite whines.
Here's the same idiocy in the original Scottiespeak:

OK.. so you don't understand the point the author is making.
There's a surprise... NOT! * :-)

Try a cogent response rather than everything being
all about me, if you can.

As we all know by now, that's Scottie's way of pleading for us to beat him
harder and deeper.

The only thing missing are Sugar's homosexual fantasies.

sigh

You had to bait her, didn't you?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes

On Jul 8, 2:17*pm, George M. Middius wrote:
Shhhh! said:

[...]

I don't think that 2pid could keep his anger in check. As ridiculous
as Sugar and flipper are, they aren't nearly as mad at everything that
2pid is.

The only thing missing are Sugar's homosexual fantasies.

sigh

You had to bait her, didn't you?

Of course. And it worked.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

Shhhh! said:

[...]

Flipper is in a different time zone that GeoSynch. But as I've always
said, Internet nobodies like CISG are a dime a dozen. They all start
to sound alike after a while.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

"Larry" troped:

"Shhhhemp!" hoped:

"Moe" moped:

You had to

Of course

They all start

The stooges are at it again.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

On Jul 8, 8:26�pm, "GeoSynch" wrote:
"Larry" troped:

"Shhhhemp!" hoped:
"Moe" moped:
You had to
Of course

They all start

The stooges are at it again.

My definition of a company stooge: having to get up in the middle of
the night to make sure you didn't **** up the automated processes.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Boonie chirped:

My definition of a company stooge:

My definition of obstinate to the bitter end: a mental defective who gets
himself so worked up into a tizzy that he'll even argue with himself in a
thread, thinking it was something the other guy said. An exclusive distinction
that Marc Phillips and only Marc Phillips shares in common with one Arny
Krueger. Marc and Arny, the only two who've been caught out arguing with
themselves on rao.