Peter Hewitt-Dutton

Default Super Bit Mapping

Hi, I was wondering if there is a Super Bit Mapping ditering plug-in
available from anywhere? Preferably in RTAS format, but VST or DirectX would
also be good.

Thanks.
Pete.

Roger W. Norman

Using SBM is an algorithm that places the dithering noise above 22.5 kHz, so
if you choose a dithering algorithm that places the noise about the audible
threshold, then you are essentially doing the same thing. Most dithering
has several options, one being placing the resultant noise above the audible
area, a second being linearly spread throughout the spectrum, and then
there's noise shaping, which gives you a little more in options on "where"
you want to put the noise. SBM isn't all that much, but it gave Sony a way
to use better converters for better headroom and still have it translate
well to 16 bit. So noise up high, noise throughout or noise within a
specific range. You pick. I don't know of any decent audio applications
that don't give you at least a couple of selections. Try whatever's
available and see what you like best.

You can find a ton of free VST plugins.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Peter Hewitt-Dutton" wrote in message
Hi, I was wondering if there is a Super Bit Mapping ditering plug-in
available from anywhere? Preferably in RTAS format, but VST or DirectX

would
also be good.

Thanks.
Pete.

Super DVD Technology Introduced thomh High End Audio 1 July 11th 04 03:55 PM
Super It DESPERATE west High End Audio 2 December 9th 03 10:06 PM
Symposium Super Plus?? IanC High End Audio 0 September 24th 03 10:10 PM
Any difference between cheapo CD players and super expensive high end cd players? William Sommerwerck Pro Audio 6 August 4th 03 11:49 AM
Super cheap tube preamps! bayydogg Pro Audio 21 July 31st 03 04:21 AM