Default Marshall Brown(Why Not Antiques) still owes me $65 for the KT 88 tube

I did not want to disclose details of Ebay transaction, most of the
time, despite in some occasions, vacuum tubes sent to me were weak or
equipment was more rusty as described. I thought this being some kind
of risk for on-line auction. But, this time, I have got to say
something about it.

First of all, I am a professional Electrical Engineer of Hong Kong
Government with good credential and the kind of person who has refunded
seller of $1 if he overpaid any shipment cost. This is what I am.

I purchased a KT 88 top getter from Marshall Brown(user name wnantqs)
in year 2002. I was having 69 positives at the time of purchase. People
might ask why I post the incident so late. I think there was injustice
in the transaction and facts would never change with time.

Upon arrival of tube, I discarded the packing and I put it aside for
three days. Then I tested it, alas, zero readings and the glass
envelope turned white. If you know about behaviour of vacuum tube, you
know what it is,gassy. I quickly told the teller for a return and he
promised to do so.

I sent via the PO and possibly, the latter sent by surface letter post,
I didn't specify. It was after one month, without prior notification,
Marshall Brown condemned me to be a liar and he asked Ebay to ban my
accounts. Ebay did not follow due to lack of evidence. All my
explanation emails were refused, I did the same on Ebay, too. He even
marked his auction as "not sending to overseas, due to cheating by Hong
Kong guy, recently" What a naive and insolent man, on earth!!

Later on, someone posted on RATS based on similar incident, I thought
it was from the same Company and I defended myself on RATS,too.

If you know more about vaccum tubes,it's almost impossible to find a
substitute tube of same log code and similar flash condition. If he was
careful enough, he could find his fingerprints on the tube glass.

If someone is unkind and malicious, he would always think of himself
being cheated,in all instances. He'll never be a happy man,too.

Phil Allison

Upon arrival of tube, I discarded the packing and I put it aside for
three days. Then I tested it, alas, zero readings and the glass
envelope turned white. If you know about behaviour of vacuum tube, you
know what it is,gassy.

** So the tube and its vacuum were intact as received by you.

Then, sometime in the next 3 days, the vacuum was lost and the tube
expired.

Either it was damaged in transit or while in your possession.

Not the vendor's problem.

............ Phil

Phil: Read the message AGAIN. The gentleman said he tested the tube 3
days after arrival. It is YOU who conclude that "the tube and its
vacuum were intact as received." Thus, the conclusion you arrive at -
that based upon the gentleman's email, it is "not the vendor's problem"
is faulty at best.

Pete.............................................

Phil Allison wrote:

Upon arrival of tube, I discarded the packing and I put it aside for
three days. Then I tested it, alas, zero readings and the glass
envelope turned white. If you know about behaviour of vacuum tube, you
know what it is,gassy.

** So the tube and its vacuum were intact as received by you.

Then, sometime in the next 3 days, the vacuum was lost and the tube
expired.

Either it was damaged in transit or while in your possession.

Not the vendor's problem.

........... Phil

Phil Allison

= top posting jerk off

Phil: Read the message AGAIN

** That is what YOU need to do - dickhead.

The gentleman said he tested the tube 3
days after arrival. It is YOU who conclude that "the tube and its
vacuum were intact as received."

** When he received the tube - it was NOT broken and NOT whited.

( A whited tube is so obvious you could not miss it for a second. )

Three days later it was.

My concluson is the only one that fits the story.

Thus, the conclusion you arrive at -
that based upon the gentleman's email, it is "not the vendor's problem"
is faulty at best.

Pete.....

** Drivel.

Phil Allison wrote:

Upon arrival of tube, I discarded the packing and I put it aside for
three days. Then I tested it, alas, zero readings and the glass
envelope turned white. If you know about behaviour of vacuum tube, you
know what it is,gassy.

** So the tube and its vacuum were intact as received by you.

Then, sometime in the next 3 days, the vacuum was lost and the tube
expired.

Either it was damaged in transit or while in your possession.

Not the vendor's problem.

........... Phil

cowboy

hey PHIL:

SHUT THE FU*K UP!

retard

plonk

Phil Allison

"cowboy"

** What - no goal for equine bestiality were you come from ??

.............. Phil

Thanks Phil for the reply. I put the tube safely in those three days
and there was no white deposit at all. Everything looked normal to me,
including the package.

Afterwards, when I tested it, it had no reading and then turned white,
as caused by gassing plus filament heating, I guess. On closer
examination of the tube, there was a hairpin crack near the base. I was
told recently that KT88 tube was made of very thin glass and hence,
more liable to damage. However, there was no clue whether it was broken
during shipment(not likely) or before shipment. This is not the point
of interest since the seller has agreed to refund but failed to
recognize his own tube, afterwards.

Sorry to cause a "tempest" and people including myself just wanted to
straight out the facts. It's not the money that's important to me but
the spirit of equity. If people gave me bad tubes without further
malicious acts, I would simply leave negative on Ebay and forget.

Unlike other guys who wished to use this newsgroup to assault other
sellers, I would not repost repeatedly. I cannot have money back,
anyway, the seller would not say apology to me(only to God perhaps),
why waste my time?

Just want people to have a new impression on Asian guys.

Regards,

Alexkoo
Hong Kong

Phil Allison wrote:
"cowboy"

** What - no goal for equine bestiality were you come from ??

............. Phil

Jon Yaeger

*** Ne ho ma!

*** Engage Phil at your own peril.

Just want people to have a new impression on Asian guys.

*** And what would that be?

Regards,

Alexkoo
Hong Kong

*** Do jai

Jon

Phil Allison

Thanks Phil for the reply.

** Acknowledged.

I put the tube safely in those three days
and there was no white deposit at all. Everything looked normal to me,
including the package.

Afterwards, when I tested it, it had no reading and then turned white,
as caused by gassing plus filament heating, I guess.

** The hairline crack likely appeared due to thermal expansion when you
applied energy to the tube.

On closer
examination of the tube, there was a hairpin crack near the base.

** Usual spot.

I was
told recently that KT88 tube was made of very thin glass and hence,
more liable to damage. However, there was no clue whether it was broken
during shipment(not likely) or before shipment.

** Neither is true - it broke while in your possession.

Any earlier failure would have let the air in and sent it white pronto.

This is not the point
of interest since the seller has agreed to refund but failed to
recognize his own tube, afterwards.

** Sorry - that is incomprehensible.

Sorry to cause a "tempest" and people including myself just wanted to
straight out the facts. It's not the money that's important to me but
the spirit of equity. If people gave me bad tubes without further
malicious acts, I would simply leave negative on Ebay and forget.

** There is no way, based on your facts, the vendor was aware the tube was
faulty.

Unlike other guys who wished to use this newsgroup to assault other
sellers, I would not repost repeatedly. I cannot have money back,
anyway, the seller would not say apology to me(only to God perhaps),
why waste my time?

** The "god" of "bad luck" is to blame.

No human demons need be invoked.

Just want people to have a new impression on Asian guys.

** That is too big a task for one person to bear.......

............. Phil

robert casey

Phil Allison wrote:

Upon arrival of tube, I discarded the packing and I put it aside for
three days. Then I tested it, alas, zero readings and the glass
envelope turned white. If you know about behaviour of vacuum tube, you
know what it is,gassy.

** So the tube and its vacuum were intact as received by you.

Then, sometime in the next 3 days, the vacuum was lost and the tube
expired.

Either it was damaged in transit

It takes a while for the getter to turn white after the
vacuum leaks out. A small crack probably happened in transit,
and took a while to leak enough air and enough time to turn
white. It's the seller's responsibility to pack stuff
well enough to avoid damage.

or while in your possession.

I would have to assume that he'd be big enough to just
say "Ahh shjt" and write it off....

Mark Harriss

cowboy wrote:
hey PHIL:

SHUT THE FU*K UP!

retard

plonk

You'll have to forgive him, he's feeling out of
sorts, as we are discussing moderation for aus.hi-fi
group, mostly thanks to him and it would curtail
his personal crusade for the "Truth".

Regards
Mark Harriss

That's what I like - an intelligent conversation. Too bad you can't
hold up your end of the conversation.

Oh, and by the way, a tube can be gassy and NOT necessarily be "whited"
- as yopu put it. But, you already knew this, right DICKHEAD?

Pete

Phil Allison

That's what I like - an intelligent conversation.

** One just bit you - and you never noticed.

Too bad you can't
hold up your end of the conversation.

** I don't see you at the other end at all.

Oh, and by the way, a tube can be gassy and NOT necessarily be "whited"
- as yopu put it.

** But the OP's tube is whited.

Proving it has suffered a glass breakage and that air has entered.

But, you already knew this, right DICKHEAD?

** Any many things besides.

............ Phil

"Neither is true - it broke while in your possession.

Any earlier failure would have let the air in and sent it white pronto.
"

Can't be exact when it happened. I have been handling all vacuum tubes
in my possession extremely careful and I didn't drop the tube
concerned. The tube was not abused wrt handling and usage, it was only
being tested. If testing was a kind of procedure that buyer to have
bear responsibility, I don't have much to say. If a bad reading showed
that the buyer should be responsible, too, "turned bad during testing"
and no Ebay bad sellers have to be blamed at all.Is there any logic to
show the buyer is innocent or having no negligence prior to return.
Most of the time,you can't show any evidence at all and it's only based
on a gesture of goodwill.

"Not the point of interest"

The statement is plain. The seller didn't question who or when the tube
was broken. The theme of my listing was he would refund upon receipt of
original tube. This was his commitment. It's not a discussion on
whether it's fair for the seller to refund. Please don't divert the
attention by saying if a girl has been raped, and asked her why didn't
wear more clothes, someone being shot, and why the victim didn't run
faster than the bullet.The main issue was he denied acceptance of his
own tube afterwards, thinking I sent him another one for cheating.

"New impression of Asian guys"

Depending how you see it, for an artifact, one mar would ruin its
value. From engineering point of view, it's still 99% perfect. If some
people think a group of buyers being bad(at least, sensed from Ebay),
one good example can turn the former's ideas upside down.

If all people think of the negative sense, who else can do it or say
something?

Regards,

Alexkoo

Phil Allison wrote: