Posted to rec.audio.pro
Klay Anderson[_2_] Klay Anderson[_2_] is offline

Default The Audio Calculator You Have Been Waiting For!

http://www.convertunits.com/from/cyc...econd/to/hertz

Yours truly,

Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 22/12/2015 10:42 a.m., Klay Anderson wrote:
http://www.convertunits.com/from/cyc...econd/to/hertz

Yours truly,

Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.

Just for Scott ;-)

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"geoff" wrote in message
On 22/12/2015 10:42 a.m., Klay Anderson wrote:
http://www.convertunits.com/from/cyc...econd/to/hertz

Yours truly,

Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.

Just for Scott ;-)

Who also needs to add "seconds", or he gets marks off for failing the
dimensional analysis.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Klay Anderson wrote:
http://www.convertunits.com/from/cyc...econd/to/hertz

This is great! I find I can also use it to convert from siemens to mhos,
and from gauge atmospheres to bar. I commend this most useful tool to all.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Klay:

I still cannot believe there are individuals on this
planet who do not know that Hertz and
cycles-per-second describe the SAME THING!

Are they allowed to vote?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Reinhard Zwirner[_2_] Reinhard Zwirner[_2_] is offline

schrieb:
Klay:

I still cannot believe there are individuals on this
planet who do not know that Hertz and
cycles-per-second describe the SAME THING!

Spoilsport!

SCNR

Reinhard

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

thekma @ omninbus-brevis.edu wrote in message
Klay:

I still cannot believe there are individuals on this
planet who do not know that Hertz and
cycles-per-second describe the SAME THING!

Are they allowed to vote?

I can easily believe that the newsgroups' village idiot is too
thick-skulled to know that it's a joke.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 23/12/2015 9:29 a.m., None wrote:
thekma @ omninbus-brevis.edu wrote in message
Klay:

I still cannot believe there are individuals on this
planet who do not know that Hertz and
cycles-per-second describe the SAME THING!

Are they allowed to vote?

I can easily believe that the newsgroups' village idiot is too
thick-skulled to know that it's a joke.

Both the original post/website, and the (initial) replies !

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, December 21, 2015 at 4:43:05 PM UTC-5, Klay Anderson wrote:
http://www.convertunits.com/from/cyc...econd/to/hertz

Yours truly,

Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.

Simply amazing!!!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Hank[_4_] Hank[_4_] is offline

In article ,
Scott Dorsey wrote:
Klay Anderson wrote:
http://www.convertunits.com/from/cyc...econd/to/hertz

This is great! I find I can also use it to convert from siemens to mhos,
and from gauge atmospheres to bar. I commend this most useful tool to all.
--scott

Yabbutt! It doesn't tell me how to convert "mike" into "mic."

Hank

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

On 22 Dec 2015, geoff wrote in rec.audio.pro:

On 23/12/2015 2:23 p.m., Trevor wrote:

But is "inintentional joke" an intentional joke or an unintentional
one? :-)

You have to be in on the in-joke.

You stole my recovery line. Now I got nothing.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 23/12/2015 9:21 p.m., Hank wrote:
In article ,
Scott Dorsey wrote:
Klay Anderson wrote:
http://www.convertunits.com/from/cyc...econd/to/hertz

This is great! I find I can also use it to convert from siemens to mhos,
and from gauge atmospheres to bar. I commend this most useful tool to all.
--scott

Yabbutt! It doesn't tell me how to convert "mike" into "mic."

Hank

Or conversely "micing" into "miking" . "Micing a performer" brings
about rather kinky visions in my mind.

Mind you. so would "Miking" if capitalised. Eh Mike ;-0

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/23/2015 4:40 PM, geoff wrote:
Or conversely "micing" into "miking" . "Micing a performer" brings
about rather kinky visions in my mind.

Mind you. so would "Miking" if capitalised.

A couple of weeks ago, the Washington Post ran an article about this
very subject. The chief copy editor declared that a microphone would be
a mic rather than a mike, but he didn't say how to use it as a verb.
Someone anticipated that and wrote in that in reviewing a concert, the
music critic might write "the band was poorly miced." I was about to
write in to say that the music critic probably doesn't know that for
sure and should just say "the sound was bad."

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/23/2015 7:05 PM, Mike Rivers (that's me!) wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, the Washington Post ran an article about this
very subject. (well, the one where the subject has drifted for the moment)

Oh, yeah, here it is:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...eb_story.html#

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

On 23 Dec 2015, Mike Rivers wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

A couple of weeks ago, the Washington Post ran an article about
this very subject. The chief copy editor declared that a
microphone would be a mic rather than a mike, but he didn't say
how to use it as a verb. Someone anticipated that and wrote in
that in reviewing a concert, the music critic might write "the
band was poorly miced." I was about to write in to say that the
music critic probably doesn't know that for sure and should just
say "the sound was bad."

Only the band itself can say for sure if they needed more and better
small rodents running around onstage.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"Nil" wrote in message
Only the band itself can say for sure if they needed more and better
small rodents running around onstage.

Maybe an "ElectroVoice Mic Mouse". Remember them? Or several
ElectroVoice Mics Mice, or meeces, which may be hated to pieces.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 12:58:29 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Klay:

I still cannot believe there are individuals on this
planet who do not know that Hertz and
cycles-per-second describe the SAME THING!

A car rental service is the same as Cycles Per Second?

Sort of like going freshwater fishing after someone tells you there's not enough bass in a song!!!

Jack

Are they allowed to vote?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
sTeeVee sTeeVee is offline

On Monday, December 21, 2015 at 4:43:05 PM UTC-5, Klay Anderson wrote:
http://www.convertunits.com/from/cyc...econd/to/hertz

Yours truly,

Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.

Don't tell Michael McDonald ANYTHING about this!
(Or Mic Jaggar for that matter)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 25/12/2015 6:44 AM, sTeeVee wrote:
On Monday, December 21, 2015 at 4:43:05 PM UTC-5, Klay Anderson wrote:
http://www.convertunits.com/from/cyc...econd/to/hertz

Yours truly,

Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.

Don't tell Michael McDonald ANYTHING about this!
(Or Mic Jaggar for that matter)

Or our tech guru Neil Young !

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Shaun Shaun is offline

"Klay Anderson" wrote in message

http://www.convertunits.com/from/cyc...econd/to/hertz

Yours truly,

Man.... if you need a converter for that I would suggest to stay away far
away from electricity. Go work for a coffee shop or McDonalds. remember to
practice you new phrase "Would you like fries with that".

That's about all there is to say.

Shaun

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 28/12/2015 5:45 PM, Shaun wrote:

"Klay Anderson" wrote in message

http://www.convertunits.com/from/cyc...econd/to/hertz

Yours truly,

Man.... if you need a converter for that I would suggest to stay away
far away from electricity. Go work for a coffee shop or McDonalds.
remember to practice you new phrase "Would you like fries with that".

That's about all there is to say.

Shaun

The real joke is the potential McDonalds interview-flunkers who didn't
even realise that is was a joke.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 28/12/2015 3:57 PM, geoff wrote:
On 28/12/2015 5:45 PM, Shaun wrote:
"Klay Anderson" wrote in message
http://www.convertunits.com/from/cyc...econd/to/hertz

Man.... if you need a converter for that I would suggest to stay away
far away from electricity. Go work for a coffee shop or McDonalds.
remember to practice you new phrase "Would you like fries with that".
That's about all there is to say.

Shaun

The real joke is the potential McDonalds interview-flunkers who didn't
even realise that is was a joke.

The usual comment to such replies was simply "whoosh" once upon a time! :-)

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 28/12/2015 6:37 PM, Trevor wrote:
On 28/12/2015 3:57 PM, geoff wrote:
On 28/12/2015 5:45 PM, Shaun wrote:
"Klay Anderson" wrote in message
http://www.convertunits.com/from/cyc...econd/to/hertz

Man.... if you need a converter for that I would suggest to stay away
far away from electricity. Go work for a coffee shop or McDonalds.
remember to practice you new phrase "Would you like fries with that".
That's about all there is to say.

Shaun

The real joke is the potential McDonalds interview-flunkers who didn't
even realise that is was a joke.

The usual comment to such replies was simply "whoosh" once upon a time! :-)

Trevor.

Maybe should have been O'Donalds ;-)

geoff

Audio Speaker and Woofer Calculator Tool EngineeringNation Pro Audio 0 March 12th 08 06:41 AM
Audio sub woofer Calculator Tool EngineeringNation Pro Audio 0 March 11th 08 04:35 PM
Selling Audio Recording Gear?......list it for free, buyers waiting Paul B Marketplace 0 May 3rd 06 12:28 AM
waiting bob wald Car Audio 9 November 5th 05 12:48 AM
waiting bob wald Car Audio 0 October 20th 05 09:17 PM