Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Anybody Using the Berringer X32 and want to talk about it

I'm going to using one in a few months and have been studying the manual. Looking for any hints and tips. Especially about scenes vs snippets etc.

Mark

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

On Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 4:39:54 AM UTC+1, wrote:
I'm going to using one in a few months and have been studying the manual. Looking for any hints and tips. Especially about scenes vs snippets etc.

Mark

I have nothing to add really, except one venue I played recently had one as both
FOH and monitor mixer. I forgot which "package" it was, but it was of the
cheaper variety. They've told me it worked fine, no problems and so on.

I don't have any insight in ways to actually use it.

Maybe, if you'd explain their terminology, scenes vs. snippets, we could
conclude something?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 09/12/2015 08:57, Luxey wrote:
On Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 4:39:54 AM UTC+1, wrote:
I'm going to using one in a few months and have been studying the manual. Looking for any hints and tips. Especially about scenes vs snippets etc.

Mark

I have nothing to add really, except one venue I played recently had one as both
FOH and monitor mixer. I forgot which "package" it was, but it was of the
cheaper variety. They've told me it worked fine, no problems and so on.

I don't have any insight in ways to actually use it.

Maybe, if you'd explain their terminology, scenes vs. snippets, we could
conclude something?

It could just be that the instructions are using what the writer thought
were new! exciting! terms for something we've all been using for years.
It wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

On Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 12:14:11 PM UTC+1, John Williamson wrote:
[...]

Well, scenes are pretty common thing, for ages already. Snippets, I wonder,
may be those are like 'subsets" of an "scene". Scene holding all the
parameters and attributes, snippets being just some particular you chose
to keep, while the rest set to default, or other snippet? That would be
kind of logical. Or is it analogous?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 09-12-2015 04:39, wrote:

I'm going to using one in a few months and have been studying the manual.
Looking for any hints and tips. Especially about scenes vs snippets etc.

General advice: Always allow yourself time to compare the manual to the
actual product.

Mark

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

четвртак, 10. децембар 2015. 14.50.45 UTC+1, је написао/ла:
On Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 11:05:46 PM UTC-5, Peter Larsen wrote:
On 09-12-2015 04:39, wrote:

I'm going to using one in a few months and have been studying the manual.
Looking for any hints and tips. Especially about scenes vs snippets etc.

General advice: Always allow yourself time to compare the manual to the
actual product.

Mark

Kind regards

What would be your job? Live, recording, mixing, all of them ...?

that is good advice.. but the timing is not in my control

I am also using the X32 edit program that runs on a PC and allows you to play with a simulation of the mixer.

I think i can even store the setups that i generate on the PC sim and load them via USB stick into the real hardware when I get access to it.

I'm about a week into playing with the simulation and reading the manual and I am starting get a handle on this thing. I already know all the stuff about old analog mixers such as aux sends, inserts, groups etc. just trying to see how that all fits into this. There are some new concepts however as well. especially re the storage of setups and DCA groups.

Snippets are subsets of scenes, but as always, the devil is in the details.

I should probably join the X32 discussion board.

Mark

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:
What would be your job? Live, recording, mixing, all of them ...?

amatuer theatrical performance

mixng a bunch of radio mics

I also record and do the sound effects.

I think the Behringer is a good choice for that.

On the upside... it has all of the digital features you want, like scenes
and the ability to store and recall EQ settings, not just faders.

On the downside, it can make riding EQ on multiple lav mikes very difficult
since you can only have one channel strip selected at a time.

On the neutral side, it's got a huge number of channels, and it's very
cheaply made but you get a lot of features for the money, and you aren't
working in an environment where you'd be losing millions of dollars if it
locked up randomly.

On the end side, if you got the Yamaha for a little more money, you could
put a Dugan automixer card into it, which costs some cash but can be a
marvelous thing in that environment.

We get about 2 weeks of tech rehersal with the rented gear.

Since a digital console is all new to me, I'd prefer to hit the ground runn=
ing. =20

Go audition the Behringer, the Presonus, and a Yamaha.