Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tim Sprout Tim Sprout is offline

Default Grado SR60e headphones

I am looking for headphones to pleasantly listen to music while at work. I see that Grado SR60e headphones have replaced the SR60. Anyone know the difference? With open air headphones, do others near you hear what you are listening to?

Tim Sprout
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Tim Sprout wrote:
I am looking for headphones to pleasantly listen to music while at work. I see that Grado SR60e headphones have replaced the SR60. Anyone know the difference? With open air headphones, do others near you hear what you are listening to?

I tried them last week, and they have different ear cups that are possibly
more comfortable (but really not much) than the original SR60. I didn't do
a careful A/B test but they sounded like the old SR60 to me in a cursory
test.

And yes, they do leak some sound out, as well as leaking sound in, but it
isn't offensive.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

I can confidently recommend the Shure SRH440.
Accurate sound, closed headphone - definitely a
MUST for the office.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

I'm sure your Shures can reproduced tape hiss well for your old master tapes CDs!

Jack