Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Quality of People at NAMM +

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Ep3bwQGW0#t=90

Not to sound cruel, but when I see tattoos and a half shaved individual, I question the quality of Professionalism!

Maybe I'm just disappointed with the new Third World Country look of the USA. No pride, look like a bum, from actors on down.

Anyway, while the USA continues to decay, it's nice to know my work and determination is enjoyed. From CJ...

"Thank you thank you thank you for posting such great versions of rare songs! Disappointed they all turned into snippets halfway down the page but I am so chuffed with the great stuff I've already heard here".

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 5:27:57 PM UTC-4, JackA wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Ep3bwQGW0#t=90

Not to sound cruel, but when I see tattoos and a half shaved individual, I question the quality of Professionalism!

Maybe I'm just disappointed with the new Third World Country look of the USA. No pride, look like a bum, from actors on down.

Anyway, while the USA continues to decay, it's nice to know my work and determination is enjoyed. From CJ...

"Thank you thank you thank you for posting such great versions of rare songs! Disappointed they all turned into snippets halfway down the page but I am so chuffed with the great stuff I've already heard here".

Jack

Look at this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRxYtvN4TO4

I guess that's the new quality look of Audio Engineers.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Angus Kerr Angus Kerr is offline

On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 11:39:16 PM UTC+2, JackA wrote:
[...]

Well, at least this guy isn't American.

Look, a lot of audio engineering is in the Rock / Pop / R&B / Rap genres. Also, the younger generation all look like this guy! Especially those who are doing audio engineering in the aforementioned genre. And check your history.. what did rockers and people in the top 40 look like in the 70's and 80's?

Lastly, since when do people's appearance have anything to do with their abilities and professionalism. When I first started work as a young engineer in the early nineties, people looked askance at me, because I had a Steven Seagal style pony tail (cringe) and a big fat earing! No tats, but I did deliver....

Now, I need to remind myself what I looked at when I judge younger engineers by their appearance.

We really have to resist becoming grumpy, judgemental old men.....

-Angus.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 11:14:29 AM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
"Angus Kerr" wrote in message

[...]

Angus, I hear you. But let's take a general look at Americans...
https://au.answers.yahoo.com/questio...2222012AAzt49A

My feelings, it matches (possibly planned) what is to come in this decaying USA country.

Jack

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Angus Kerr" wrote in message

[...]

You should have seen me in my university days.....untidy beard, long hair, tee shirt, board shorts and slops to lectures. That was 1988-1991. I wasn't the only one. We spent a great deal of time on the beach, surfing.

I cleaned up pretty good, I think when I had to start working. Then it was the gelled pony tail and the earring.

Most days these days at work it's chinos, collar shirt and formal(ish) shoes and I shave at least once every 2nd day. I've let that slip, but I think at 50 maybe I'm entitled to sport some 'designer stubble'. More than 2 days, then the grey starts showing, and I'm forced to shave it off!

If I were 25 and starting work as an audio gear salesman, I might have a different attire because my customers would not identify with an ultra formal accountant-like getup.

-Angus.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Angus Kerr wrote:
You should have seen me in my university days.....untidy beard, long hair, =
tee shirt, board shorts and slops to lectures. That was 1988-1991. I wasn't=
the only one. We spent a great deal of time on the beach, surfing.=20

My mom said "You look like Jesus!" I thought we were supposed to emulate
Jesus but apparently not in the matter of hairstyle.

Most days these days at work it's chinos, collar shirt and formal(ish) shoe=
s and I shave at least once every 2nd day. I've let that slip, but I think =
at 50 maybe I'm entitled to sport some 'designer stubble'. More than 2 days=
, then the grey starts showing, and I'm forced to shave it off!

It's okay, I still look like Jesus, even in a boiled shirt.

If I were 25 and starting work as an audio gear salesman, I might have a di=
fferent attire because my customers would not identify with an ultra formal=
accountant-like getup.

I miss the days of purple three-piece suits in crushed velvet. Oh well, there
is still Bootsy Collins.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] db9091@gmail.com is offline

On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 5:27:57 PM UTC-4, JackA wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Ep3bwQGW0#t=90

Not to sound cruel, but when I see tattoos and a half shaved individual, I question the quality of Professionalism!

Maybe I'm just disappointed with the new Third World Country look of the USA. No pride, look like a bum, from actors on down.

Anyway, while the USA continues to decay, it's nice to know my work and determination is enjoyed. From CJ...

"Thank you thank you thank you for posting such great versions of rare songs! Disappointed they all turned into snippets halfway down the page but I am so chuffed with the great stuff I've already heard here".

Jack

You should see pictures of Geffen back in the day when he was just a millionaire businessman representing groups. Or Steven Spielberg when he was filming Jaws. Or lucas filming Star Wars. Or Einstein at any time in his career.

When you got the goods, nobody cares what you look like. But IF you aren't the "norm", you also better bring something to the table. Being a slob isn't looks, it's actions.

If you judge people by their actions, you'll be surprised how many professional looking people there are that can't deliver what you pay for in a truly professional manner. Often, the perfect hair and suit are to distract you from the fact your money is soon parted and what you got left wasn't what you truly thought you paid for. (it's called "Marketing" i think)
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:
On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 5:27:57 PM UTC-4, JackA wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Ep3bwQGW0#t=90

Not to sound cruel, but when I see tattoos and a half shaved
individual, I question the quality of Professionalism!

Maybe I'm just disappointed with the new Third World Country look
of the USA. No pride, look like a bum, from actors on down.

Anyway, while the USA continues to decay, it's nice to know my work
and determination is enjoyed. From CJ...

"Thank you thank you thank you for posting such great versions of
rare songs! Disappointed they all turned into snippets halfway
down the page but I am so chuffed with the great stuff I've already
heard here".

Jack

You should see pictures of Geffen back in the day when he was just a
millionaire businessman representing groups.

I visualize Geffen obsessively reading everything he could about the
Acuff-Rose sale....

None of his actions made any sense until the exit...

Or Steven Spielberg
when he was filming Jaws. Or lucas filming Star Wars. Or Einstein
at any time in his career.

When you got the goods, nobody cares what you look like.

"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform. Don't kid yourself." -
Frank Zappa.

But IF you
aren't the "norm", you also better bring something to the table.
Being a slob isn't looks, it's actions.

If you judge people by their actions, you'll be surprised how many
professional looking people there are that can't deliver what you pay
for in a truly professional manner.

but they do well because they're professional looking. Which is
hilarious. "May be the devil, and the devil hath power T'
assume a pleasing shape. "

http://nfs.sparknotes.com/hamlet/page_132.html

In the "Wrecking Crew" movie, Tedesco ( or somebody ) calls the
guys who went before 'em "the blue blazers". After the Blue Blazers,
the Wrecking crew; then after them, guys who formed bands like Toto
and whatnot.

Because Led Zeppelin was a business innovation first...

Now it's a machine in Nile Rodgers' spare bedroom...

Often, the perfect hair and suit
are to distract you from the fact your money is soon parted and what
you got left wasn't what you truly thought you paid for. (it's
called "Marketing" i think)

It's all medicine shows, according to Levon Helm. He ougtha know.

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 1:00:52 PM UTC-5, Les Cargill wrote:
wrote:
[...]

What Denny doesn't mention is how Sinatra was not pleased with Glen Campbell's (1/2 founder of WC) guitar work, asked for a replacement!! If you going to glorify a group of people/musicians, I guess the norm in never to tell the negative aspects.

I just didn't like how Hall Blaine stated, they came to us, and out flew the hits, only to

Jack

Because Led Zeppelin was a business innovation first...

Now it's a machine in Nile Rodgers' spare bedroom...

Often, the perfect hair and suit
are to distract you from the fact your money is soon parted and what
you got left wasn't what you truly thought you paid for. (it's
called "Marketing" i think)

It's all medicine shows, according to Levon Helm. He ougtha know.

--
Les Cargill

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

wrote:
[...]

I just didn't like how Hal Blaine (drummer) stated, they came to us, and out flew the hits, only to find @ Take #20 something, they were still trying to find the correct tempo!! I even helped Denny with Frank and Nancy Sinatra studio talk.

Jack

Jack

Because Led Zeppelin was a business innovation first...

Now it's a machine in Nile Rodgers' spare bedroom...

Often, the perfect hair and suit
are to distract you from the fact your money is soon parted and what
you got left wasn't what you truly thought you paid for. (it's
called "Marketing" i think)

It's all medicine shows, according to Levon Helm. He ougtha know.

--
Les Cargill

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:
[...]

Didn't know Jimmy Page participated in "Goldfinger" recording by Shirley Bassey. Maybe he's the one strumming the acoustic guitar!! Assume that's a film audio recording.

See, those Brits brought us long hair in the USA. Just like us, we had to outdo them with hair down to the buttocks.

Jack

Now it's a machine in Nile Rodgers' spare bedroom...

Often, the perfect hair and suit
are to distract you from the fact your money is soon parted and what
you got left wasn't what you truly thought you paid for. (it's
called "Marketing" i think)

It's all medicine shows, according to Levon Helm. He ougtha know.

--
Les Cargill

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 12:37:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

But it's tough to tell who the celebrities of today are. Most, half shaved, poorly dressed. I guess they are meant to look what the USA is actually becoming, a poverty stricken Third World country.

No pride, I say!

Thanks.

Jack

NAMM Steve L.[_5_] Pro Audio 11 April 30th 15 10:01 PM
people helping people jim79 Pro Audio 1 August 19th 08 08:06 AM
NAMM Neil Rutman Pro Audio 1 January 1st 07 09:43 PM
FS:dbx, Valley People etcFor Sale 1 - dbx 586 Tube Mic Preamp•Perfect condition in original box $400.00 1-Valley People Dynamite •Very good condition$300.00 1 - Valley People 415 DeEsser$250.00 •Great DeEss Derek Studios Marketplace 0 June 6th 05 08:49 PM
Anybody, Anything at NAMM? Analogeezer Pro Audio 20 August 1st 03 02:37 AM