#1   Report Post  
Posted to rec.audio.pro
external usenet poster

Default Working with Audio from DVDs

Question for you guys...

Does anyone know a good way to remove the audio from a DVD, work on the audio in a DAW, then replace the audio and be able to burn that onto a new DVD.

I'm not talking about commercial DVDs with copy protection, just home made DVDs that are not copy protected.

So far I am able to do the followiong steps:

RIP the .VOB file off the DVD.
Demux the .VOB file into .M2V video and .AC3 audio files
Convert the audio to .WAV
Edit the .WAV as required in my DAW.
Convert the .WAV back to .AC3.

Here I get stuck.

How do you re mux the new .AC3 with the original .M2V to create a
new .VOB and burn that back to a new DVD?
Do the other .IFO etc file sneed to be touched.

The edits to the .WAV will not change the timing so hopfully lip synce will be retained. I'm just doing things like filtering hum and fixing levels etc.

thanks

Mark

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAKEWALK SONAR 4 PRODUCER EDITION, Vienna Symphonic Orchestra Pro Performance ( VSL ), for giga sampler, 28 DVDs, and Quantum Leap 17 DVDs, Sonic Implants Symphonic Brass Collection [2 DVDs], M-Audio ProSessions [2 CDs], Simon Harris Beats [3 CDs], n code_fu Audio Opinions 0 October 19th 04 11:18 AM
CAKEWALK SONAR 4 PRODUCER EDITION, Vienna Symphonic Orchestra Pro Performance ( VSL ), for giga sampler, 28 DVDs, and Quantum Leap 17 DVDs, Sonic Implants Symphonic Brass Collection [2 DVDs], M-Audio ProSessions [2 CDs], Simon Harris Beats [3 CDs], n code_fu Marketplace 0 October 19th 04 03:13 AM
CAKEWALK SONAR 4 PRODUCER EDITION, Vienna Symphonic Orchestra Pro Performance ( VSL ), for giga sampler, 28 DVDs, and Quantum Leap 17 DVDs, Sonic Implants Symphonic Brass Collection [2 DVDs], M-Audio ProSessions [2 CDs], Simon Harris Beats [3 CDs], n astra35 General 0 October 17th 04 01:51 PM
CAKEWALK SONAR 4 PRODUCER EDITION, Vienna Symphonic Orchestra Pro Performance ( VSL ), for giga sampler, 28 DVDs, and Quantum Leap 17 DVDs, Sonic Implants Symphonic Brass Collection [2 DVDs], M-Audio ProSessions [2 CDs], Simon Harris Beats [3 CDs], n astra35 Tech 0 October 17th 04 01:51 PM
CAKEWALK SONAR 4 PRODUCER EDITION, Vienna Symphonic Orchestra Pro Performance ( VSL ), for giga sampler, 28 DVDs, and Quantum Leap 17 DVDs, Sonic Implants Symphonic Brass Collection [2 DVDs], M-Audio ProSessions [2 CDs], Simon Harris Beats [3 CDs], n astra35 Pro Audio 0 October 17th 04 03:59 AM