Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default VST Multiband Processor

Is there a VST multiband processor that is compatible with Adobe Audition 1.5? Audition 3 has one, but I don't use that
version.

On a similar note, has anyone found a decent compressor that works in Audition 1.5? I thought I'd finally found one
while I was doing a preview, but then I noticed that I'd clicked on bypass. The source is spoken word.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 15-12-2015 00:13, mcp6453 wrote:

Is there a VST multiband processor that is compatible with Adobe Audition 1.5? Audition 3 has one, but I don't use that
version.

The one in Audition3 also works in 1.5, and is an Izotope, so get their
stuff, it is great sounding.

On a similar note, has anyone found a decent compressor that works in Audition 1.5? I thought I'd finally found one
while I was doing a preview, but then I noticed that I'd clicked on bypass. The source is spoken word.

The one in Audition 1.5 is excellent. Its presets are just examples, but
you can design it to do just what you want and handdraw the
characteristic that suits the task. You may need to find the Cool Edit
manual to get a non dumbified explanation of it.

Last time - and it is looong time ago - I did vox smoothing in analog
hardware I used a two stage approach using both channels of my ADR
Gemini compact with diffent ratios and time constants, one for lifting
weak passages with slow release and one for compression of peaks with
faster release. I can not remember what I did first, probably as written.

Or think Izotope again. There also is a wawes thingie that should do
wonders to vox, I did get a license to it when it was on sale, but the
box it should have been installed on suffered what seems to be a total
mobo failure so I never got around to test it.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 15-12-2015 01:37, Les Cargill wrote:

mcp6453 wrote:

Is there a VST multiband processor that is compatible with Adobe
Audition 1.5? Audition 3 has one, but I don't use that
version.

On a similar note, has anyone found a decent compressor that works in
Audition 1.5? I thought I'd finally found one
while I was doing a preview, but then I noticed that I'd clicked on
bypass. The source is spoken word.

These have worked on every host I ever tried them on ( n-Track, Sonar
demo, REAPER ):

http://www.gvst.co.uk/downloads.htm

Thank you.

I have not tried them on Audition.

Gonna do just that, dunno when, hmm .. I should have parts for a dual
xenon daw around ... thank you!

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/15/2015 2:02 AM, Peter Larsen wrote:
On 15-12-2015 00:13, mcp6453 wrote:

Is there a VST multiband processor that is compatible with Adobe Audition 1.5? Audition 3 has one, but I don't use that
version.

The one in Audition3 also works in 1.5, and is an Izotope, so get their stuff, it is great sounding.

How would I used the 3.0 multiband processor in 1.5? Is it a separate plug-in? Izotope is good stuff.

On a similar note, has anyone found a decent compressor that works in Audition 1.5? I thought I'd finally found one
while I was doing a preview, but then I noticed that I'd clicked on bypass. The source is spoken word.

The one in Audition 1.5 is excellent. Its presets are just examples, but you can design it to do just what you want and
handdraw the characteristic that suits the task. You may need to find the Cool Edit manual to get a non dumbified
explanation of it.

I guess I don't know how to set it. If I had a preset that worked, I'd probably be able to reverse engineer it to
understand what I'm doing. My best solution is to use a Dorrough DAP310 analog processor, but then I have to process in
real time, which is tough for two-hour shows.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

mcp6453 wrote:

Is there a VST multiband processor that is compatible with Adobe
Audition 1.5? Audition 3 has one, but I don't use that
version.

On a similar note, has anyone found a decent compressor that works in
Audition 1.5? I thought I'd finally found one
while I was doing a preview, but then I noticed that I'd clicked on
bypass. The source is spoken word.

These have worked on every host I ever tried them on ( n-Track, Sonar
demo, REAPER ):

http://www.gvst.co.uk/downloads.htm

Thank you.

I have not tried them on Audition.

Gonna do just that, dunno when, hmm .. I should have parts for a dual
xenon daw around ... thank you!

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

I forgot one caveat - if you save a project using n-Track 3.0 which
has GSnap added to it, n-Track 3.0 will crash when you try to reopen
it.

You lose the project file.

As with anything you download, trust but verify.

--
Les Cargill

Posted to rec.audio.pro

I forgot one caveat - if you save a project using n-Track 3.0 which
has GSnap added to it, n-Track 3.0 will crash when you try to reopen
it.

You lose the project file.

As with anything you download, trust but verify.

--
Les Cargill

Intersting.. I have nTrack 3.3 and use GSNAP ocasionaly and have not seen that

I am curious, i have used only nTRACK and Audacity...

I love nTracks spectrum analyzer / EQ combination display...

I can hear and see a problem and lay an EQ direclty over it to resolve.

what do you think of nTrack compared to pro tools or other mainstream DAWS?

Mark

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

On 15 Dec 2015, mcp6453 wrote in rec.audio.pro:

How would I used the 3.0 multiband processor in 1.5? Is it a
separate plug-in? Izotope is good stuff.

Assuming you have both Audition 1.5 and 3 installed on the computer,
find the file "Multiband Compressor.dll" - for me it's in the Plug-ins
directory under the main Audition3 program folder. Then, in 1.5 go to
Effects | Add/Remove VST directory and add that Plug-ins directory. You
will get all the Audition 3 VST effects show up in 1.5. Unfortunately,
though, the presets won't be available.

You might also try copying 3's Multiband Compressor.dll to 1.5's own
vstplugins directory.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

On 15 Dec 2015, Nil wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

You might also try copying 3's Multiband Compressor.dll to 1.5's
own vstplugins directory.

This does, indeed, work. Remember to "Refresh the Effects List".
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/15/2015 6:46 PM, Nil wrote:
On 15 Dec 2015, mcp6453 wrote in rec.audio.pro:

How would I used the 3.0 multiband processor in 1.5? Is it a
separate plug-in? Izotope is good stuff.

Assuming you have both Audition 1.5 and 3 installed on the computer,
find the file "Multiband Compressor.dll" - for me it's in the Plug-ins
directory under the main Audition3 program folder. Then, in 1.5 go to
Effects | Add/Remove VST directory and add that Plug-ins directory. You
will get all the Audition 3 VST effects show up in 1.5. Unfortunately,
though, the presets won't be available.

You might also try copying 3's Multiband Compressor.dll to 1.5's own
vstplugins directory.

I don't have 3.0 installed. Maybe I can find it somewhere.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/15/2015 6:46 PM, Nil wrote:

You might also try copying 3's Multiband Compressor.dll to 1.5's
own vstplugins directory.

I don't have 3.0 installed. Maybe I can find it somewhere.

OK. I figured out a way to copy the presets over from 3 to 1.5, so let
me know if you ever get that far.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

what do you think of nTrack compared to pro tools or other mainstream DAWS?

Check out Reaper, realize that it's tits, gladly pay the $60. Compare n-Track
to Fisher-Price from that point.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Tobiah wrote:
what do you think of nTrack compared to pro tools or other mainstream
DAWS?

Check out Reaper, realize that it's tits, gladly pay the $60. Compare
n-Track
to Fisher-Price from that point.

n-Track uses a much simpler visual metaphor for certain things. So
the Fisher-Price comparison works largely in its favor,
in my opinion.

I use both.

An example: To record MIDI over a MIDI connector:

n-Track: Set the appropriate MIDI in/out devices.
Set the one icon to "MIDI recording". Press Record.

REAPER:
http://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/Recording_MIDI

There is only a very small subset of things either
can do that the other cannot, and since I didn't follow
on with all the n-Track upgrades, I can't really complain.

The only real problem I've run into is Waves' interpretation of DRM,
which is a completely understandable.

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

On 16 Dec 2015, Les Cargill wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

An example: To record MIDI over a MIDI connector:

n-Track: Set the appropriate MIDI in/out devices.
Set the one icon to "MIDI recording". Press Record.

REAPER:
http://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/Recording_MIDI

You're not making a fair comparison here. Despite the title, this
article is about much more than simply recording a MIDI track. It's
also about setting MIDI up in the program and choosing something to
play it back through. Recording MIDI in Reaper is pretty
straightforward and simple. To make it even more so, you can set
everything the way you like it and make a track template out of it that
you can base future tracks upon.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Check out Reaper, realize that it's tits, gladly pay the $60.
Compare n-Track to Fisher-Price from that point.

n-Track uses a much simpler visual metaphor for certain things. So
the Fisher-Price comparison works largely in its favor, in my
opinion.

I use both.

But Reaper has a way cooler name.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"Tobiah" wrote in message ...

Check out Reaper, realize that it's tits, gladly pay the $60.
Compare n-Track to Fisher-Price from that point.

n-Track uses a much simpler visual metaphor for certain things. So
the Fisher-Price comparison works largely in its favor, in my
opinion.

I use both.

But Reaper has a way cooler name.

And it kicks the Llama's ass ;-)

Poly
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 5:26:14 PM UTC-5, polymod wrote:
"Tobiah" wrote in message ...

Check out Reaper, realize that it's tits, gladly pay the $60.
Compare n-Track to Fisher-Price from that point.

n-Track uses a much simpler visual metaphor for certain things. So
the Fisher-Price comparison works largely in its favor, in my
opinion.

I use both.

But Reaper has a way cooler name.

And it kicks the Llama's ass ;-)

That's WinAmp!!! :-)

Jack

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Nil wrote:
On 16 Dec 2015, Les Cargill wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

An example: To record MIDI over a MIDI connector:

n-Track: Set the appropriate MIDI in/out devices.
Set the one icon to "MIDI recording". Press Record.

REAPER:
http://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/Recording_MIDI

You're not making a fair comparison here. Despite the title, this
article is about much more than simply recording a MIDI track. It's
also about setting MIDI up in the program and choosing something to
play it back through. Recording MIDI in Reaper is pretty
straightforward and simple.

it is. It's just a few more steps than with n-track. I figured peopel
would see the setup parts at the link and factor 'em out.

To make it even more so, you can set
everything the way you like it and make a track template out of it that
you can base future tracks upon.

Absolutely.

--
Les Cargill

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

On 16 Dec 2015, "polymod" wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

And it kicks the Llama's ass ;-)

That it does! Reaper takes a kicking and keeps on ticking.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"Tobiah" wrote in message ...

Check out Reaper, realize that it's tits, gladly pay the $60.
Compare n-Track to Fisher-Price from that point.

n-Track uses a much simpler visual metaphor for certain things. So
the Fisher-Price comparison works largely in its favor, in my
opinion.

I use both.

But Reaper has a way cooler name.

And it kicks the Llama's ass ;-)

That's WinAmp!!! :-)

And Reaper...both made by the same folks.

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

"Tobiah" wrote in message ...

Check out Reaper, realize that it's tits, gladly pay the $60.
Compare n-Track to Fisher-Price from that point.

n-Track uses a much simpler visual metaphor for certain things. So
the Fisher-Price comparison works largely in its favor, in my
opinion.

I use both.

But Reaper has a way cooler name.

And it kicks the Llama's ass ;-)

That's WinAmp!!! :-)

And Reaper...both made by the same folks.

Ah, didn't know that!!! Thanks!
In another newsgroup, it seems WinAmp died about Christmas!!
Always enjoyed it, never really wanted the additional Video playing!
Still use an outdated/old version; audio only!!

Jack

Poly