Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jason[_15_] Jason[_15_] is offline

Default slightly OT - DSP

There is a GNU project to support development of software-defined
radios. Part of it comprises a graphical interface that allows
creating the DSP code that's at the heart of SDR. What has this to
do with this newsgroup's focus? Simply that the development too
is really a way to construct just about any ol' DSP application
you want, including those for audio use. One does this by
connecting together functional blocks that represent code and data.
The interface includes a LOT of pre-defined algorithms for such
things as FFT analysis, filter construction etc. I found it worth
a glance:

http://hackaday.com/2015/11/11/getti...ith-gnu-radio/

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gray_Wolf Gray_Wolf is offline

On 11/12/2015 9:26 PM, Jason wrote:
There is a GNU project to support development of software-defined
radios. Part of it comprises a graphical interface that allows
creating the DSP code that's at the heart of SDR. What has this to
do with this newsgroup's focus? Simply that the development too
is really a way to construct just about any ol' DSP application
you want, including those for audio use. One does this by
connecting together functional blocks that represent code and data.
The interface includes a LOT of pre-defined algorithms for such
things as FFT analysis, filter construction etc. I found it worth
a glance:

http://hackaday.com/2015/11/11/getti...ith-gnu-radio/

Thanks! My brother may be interested in this.

For those that aren't familiar with software-defined radios
here's an example. Wide-band WebSDR in JO32KF:

http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/?tune=8992