John Haskey

Default ADS L1290 - How do I get inside?

Greetings!

Does anyone know how to get inside an ADS L1290 speaker?
One of my binding posts has come loose and I need access to the
inside to re-tighten it. I've removed the four hex-head screws on
the bottom plate and have it loose but it doesn't seem to want to
come out more than about 3/4" on any side so I can't get to the
back of the binding post area. Any help or hints would be
appreciated! Thanks.

---john.

John Haskey wrote:
Greetings!

Does anyone know how to get inside an ADS L1290 speaker?
One of my binding posts has come loose and I need access to the
inside to re-tighten it. I've removed the four hex-head screws on
the bottom plate and have it loose but it doesn't seem to want to
come out more than about 3/4" on any side so I can't get to the
back of the binding post area. Any help or hints would be
appreciated! Thanks.

---john.

Not knowing this exact model speaker, my uneducated guess would be that
you need to unscrew a woofer from the front to gain access from inside.

Jeff
Uptown Audio

Try the front door...
-Bill